New snacks on Dining Plan

I'd expect to see the brochure updated at the end of the year. (They don't need to update the brochure to promise to give you more -- they only need to update the brochure if they take things away, eh?) :)

I wonder who I could call to tell us exactly what the updated snacks are. I doubt the CM's at Central Res. would know, huh? :confused3

Calling isn't much better than getting the information here on the DIS. Generally, we have more people, on the pavement in the parks, every day, than CRO does. If what you're looking for is confirmation, you want it in writing. Email's almost as good.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Please post the reply when you get it. Thanks!

The current brochure doesn't get very specific about snacks. It gives "examples" that I'm sure we're all familiar with...a medium soft drink, 20 oz bottle of water or soft drink, single piece of fruit, etc..

We received this brochure on Sunday. That day I asked in the BC Marketplace what was included as a snack and it was just the standard choices. I didn't buy anything then...it was just for planning purchases. :teeth: Last night I was buying something in there and things had changed overnight. Now you can get pretty much anything from their bakery section as long as it is under $4.00. No cakes (which are $4.00) and no gelato though....sorry simbasmom if you see this. ;)

So it has changed but I wouldn't hold your breath to get a list in writing. There must be a thousand different items that could possibly be included if it is under $4.00 everywhere. :confused3 That $4 could be specific to BC Marketplace though. It will be interesting to see. :sunny:

Hmmm... I must have a different brochure, because mine is very specific about what a Snack is:
  • Frozen Ice-Cream Novelty, Popsicle or Fruit Bar
  • Popcorn Scoop (single serving box)
  • Single Piece of Whole Fruit
  • Single serving Bag of Snacks
  • 20 oz. Bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or 24 oz. Desani Water
  • Medium Fountain Soft Drink
  • 12 oz. Coffee, Hot Chocolate, or Hot Tea
  • Single serving Prepackaged Milk or Juice
There isn't much the brochure was explicit about, but snacks was one thing it was explicit about.

bicker said:
Hmmm... I must have a different brochure, because mine is very specific about what a Snack is:
  • Frozen Ice-Cream Novelty, Popsicle or Fruit Bar
  • Popcorn Scoop (single serving box)
  • Single Piece of Whole Fruit
  • Single serving Bag of Snacks
  • 20 oz. Bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or 24 oz. Desani Water
  • Medium Fountain Soft Drink
  • 12 oz. Coffee, Hot Chocolate, or Hot Tea
  • Single serving Prepackaged Milk or Juice
There isn't much the brochure was explicit about, but snacks was one thing it was explicit about.

No, sounds like the same brochure. Except that is says:
"Some examples of eligible Snack options include:"

So all of the different choices in the BC Marketplace aren't listed. Neither is the frozen coke my husband enjoyed yesterday in Epcot. Other choices at that stand included frozen lemonade, frozen blueberry/raspberry drink (or something like that).

So what you find specific I see as examples. :sunny: As the brochure states. :teeth:

This would really be a great addition to the plan. While I was not dissatisfied with the bottled water, popcorn, etc., having more snack choices will make the dining plan all the more attractive. We have seen the snacks as more of a 'throw-in' than an enjoyable feature on the plan. That will have changed overnight if we are now able to sample some of the treats throughout the parks.

I haven't had a dolewhip before, but I can assure you that I will try one, particularly if I can do so under the DDP. I sure hope this change lasts. Again, Disney has come up with a way to give a little bit more than I expect. It is that ethic that makes WDW such a special place!

I already can't sleep at night and we don't travel for four months!

Can someone please post a picture of a sign from one of the stands that shows how you know that snack is included in the dining plan? I know you said it is a dining plan icon but can we see a picture? Thanks

I am so excited about this, can't wait to see the updated list.

Thanks!!!!

AT MK I do love the dole whip.

At MGM I LOVE the frozen lemonades. (it is a drink, not a frozen thing with a wooden stick)... Anyone know if they added these?

Thanks for all the updates everyone! :thumbsup2

The brochure I have, D/L from the link at mousesavers, says

Your Snack includes your choice of one (1) of the following:

Most of us won't complain if Disney adds extra snacks or if a CM decides to spread some pixie dust but the brochure I have is pretty clear. There many versions of the brochure posted on the web, I think the one I have is the most recent but I'm not disputing the brochure you have says what you've posted.

Bicker--Disney would want to revise the brochure if they thought the changes would help sell more packages.

BCV23 said:
No, sounds like the same brochure. Except that is says:
"Some examples of eligible Snack options include:"

So all of the different choices in the BC Marketplace aren't listed. Neither is the frozen coke my husband enjoyed yesterday in Epcot. Other choices at that stand included frozen lemonade, frozen blueberry/raspberry drink (or something like that).

So what you find specific I see as examples. :sunny: As the brochure states. :teeth:

Also, I'd love to see a wider range of choices, like an egg roll, cup of soup, etc. I will do a happy dance if they include dole whips and stuffed pretzels! DD3 loves fries, so this would make her very happy!

We're going in Sept. and have not recieved the brochure. Where can I obtain one.

This DDP is getting better and better. I might have to add an xtra day w/means I will be buying another SP. Disney sure knows what it's doing when it comes to marketing! :rotfl:

Really glad to see they are making changes.

We were at BC last week and the only things that they counted for snacks were:
medium soda
coffee or tea
rice krispie treat
chocolate chip cookie
bag of chips (but not pretzels :confused3 )

They NEEDED to make some changes. Some places were fine with what they were giving, but the BC Marketplace was BAD. Glad they changed it. I only wish they made the changes last week when we were there.

Wow this is awsome. It sure beats water, pop, rice krispies, and mickey ice cream which gets old after a while.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Angela :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter