New package allows you to book dining plan without purchasing park tickets

I was just booking and asked my CM this question. She did confirm that you can now do this.

If you buy your tickets from somewhere like Undercover tourist that send the real tickets you'll be able to link them on MDX.

I just called about this, as we are doing a split stay with dining only on the first part of the stay. The CM confirmed that you can only add the dining plan to a room only reservation at the full rack rate. Unfortunately, the numbers don't work out for our family of two adults, one child under 10 at a deluxe resort at the current 30% room discount. It worked out that we would need to eat $263 worth of food each day before we started "saving"!

I called to book a reservation today and the phone representative let me buy this package + applied the Disney Visa discount for rooms (June 26 - July 3rd), so it seems full priced room is no longer a criteria.

I just called and I would lose my 30% off my room only reservation. Not sure how PP got all of those deals, but the CM I talked to couldn't help me.

I just called and I would lose my 30% off my room only reservation. Not sure how PP got all of those deals, but the CM I talked to couldn't help me.

It's not available for all discounts. It was recently just a full price test. The first discount that it's been available with is the new Summer discount.

Not sure which discount you currently have applied.

It's not available for all discounts. It was recently just a full price test. The first discount that it's been available with is the new Summer discount.

Not sure which discount you currently have applied.

I am going in May, so the spring discount?

I did the math, and the dining plan would cost me more than without so I am not too sad :)

I believe the conditions are a full price room.

I successfully booked a late room discount with the quick service dining plan today without purchasing tickets through Disney's reservations on the phone. I could have also purchased the dining plan plus or the deluxe.

I successfully booked a late room discount with the quick service dining plan today without purchasing tickets through Disney's reservations on the phone. I could have also purchased the dining plan plus or the deluxe.

Is there a minimum number of nights required in order to purchase DDP w/room only reservation ? We already have AP so don't need tix.

Is there a minimum number of nights required in order to purchase DDP w/room only reservation ? We already have AP so don't need tix.

You can get an AP discounted room with dining - you don't need this pkg.

Otherwise I believe it's a minimum of 2 nights.

You just quoted me from MARCH when this pkg was testing.

They've since allowed it as an option with room discounts :)

Last week I called and booked CR for July 2015 (room only military discount) and was offered the dining plan. I specifically asked if that could be added since we didn't book a package and was told yes. I opted to not book dining right now since we booked CL and will eat breakfast and late afternoon snacks in the lounge. The CM told me I could always call and add it!

Last week I called and booked CR for July 2015 (room only military discount) and was offered the dining plan. I specifically asked if that could be added since we didn't book a package and was told yes. I opted to not book dining right now since we booked CL and will eat breakfast and late afternoon snacks in the lounge. The CM told me I could always call and add it!

Military have always been able to do ticketless packages since you have a discounted ticket option. Military discounts, CM discount sum AP holders, and DVC were able to do ticketless packages prior to this year when they began testing this package for the general public.

If you have a room only and call to add the DP they will convert you to a package and refund your room deposit. They'll need a new deposit on the package if you're more than 45 days out. Within 45 days the balance will be due.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter