New package allows you to book dining plan without purchasing park tickets

disneyjunkie

DIS Veteran
Just called Disney to check pricing for a family member. The CM told me that they have a new package ~BETTER TOGETHER~that allows you to book an onsite room with any dining plan. I changed our package to the Better Together package and will purchase some of our tickets through the YES program and some from Undercover Tourist.

This would be awesome as I have an AP & DH does not so we dis RO on last trip. DH really missed having the dining plan even though we had TIW. It's nice to have a dining plan as an option if we want it.

This would be awesome as I have an AP & DH does not so we dis RO on last trip. DH really missed having the dining plan even though we had TIW. It's nice to have a dining plan as an option if we want it.

You can buy the DDP with an AP, if you have an AP room only discount.

It just started today. I had them remove our tickets from our package.

You can't book it this way online yet, you have to call CRO.

Wonder if DVC bookings are eligible? We can buy the regular dining packages.

DVC bookings could always add a dining plan without any ticket purchase requirement.

This is not free dining. It's just a room/dining ticketless package.

You can buy the DDP with an AP, if you have an AP room only discount.

I was told by CM when making RO reservation with AP discount that everyone in the room had to have AP in order to get DDP. My sister who is staying with us does not have AP so I did not add DDP, and I am wondering if I should call back and talk to another CM?

I was told by CM when making RO reservation with AP discount that everyone in the room had to have AP in order to get DDP. My sister who is staying with us does not have AP so I did not add DDP, and I am wondering if I should call back and talk to another CM?

Unless it's changed (and I would be surprised if it has), only 1 person in the room has to have an AP :). Everyone in the room must be on the same plan, but not everyone needs to have an AP. Also, if you do call back and add the DDP, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a ticketless package booked, with a new deposit of $200.

Unless it's changed (and I would be surprised if it has), only 1 person in the room has to have an AP :). Everyone in the room must be on the same plan, but not everyone needs to have an AP. Also, if you do call back and add the DDP, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a ticketless package booked, with a new deposit of $200.

This is correct. Only 1 person needs the AP.

Is this for the average traveler or is it an AP thing? And what about the 3 day I just booked to get the DDP I spent $300 I didn't want too if I don't have an AP or DVC is this something I could call back and switch too?

Is this for the average traveler or is it an AP thing? And what about the 3 day I just booked to get the DDP I spent $300 I didn't want too if I don't have an AP or DVC is this something I could call back and switch too?

It looks like anybody can book it, whether they have an AP or not.

As far as your reservation, unless you have free dining, you only need to get a 1 day ticket in order to get the DDP. A 2 day ticket is usually required to get free dining, but a 1 day is the minimum if you are paying for dining. I would call back and either try to book a ticketless package (room + DDP) or reduce your ticket days.

I just booked a package this week and was able to only add a one day ticket to get the DDP. I still do not see what a ticket has to do with the dining plan but if they are now going to let you just add the dining without a ticket how would the free dining work.? Very confused. It seems that if I have to buy a two day ticket for everyone after I already have tickets prior to booking then I do not see how I am saving much especially since the ticket prices just went up. Someone please sort this out or make me understand how this will work for my party of 6. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter