New Member Website

Hi,
Does anyone know if the link to the II exchange site is still available?

Mick.

:cool2:

If it is, I can't find it. There are no links under the World Passport Collection, and no links to any of the exchange properties in the Concierge Collection. Upon further review of the new website, it looks nicer ... but we seem to have lost some features - and information.

Don't get me wrong. I like the look and the pictures and music give me a 'happy boost.'

To my mind's eye, the null, reservation points and some other issues should have been fixed before the new website was released.

I think it is just as slow and klunky as the previous one. I really only go on to check my reservation and point totals(do that every so often and right after I make a reservation with MS).

I would love to check out the site, but as happens once a month I am no longer able to access it. Whenever I go to dvcmember.com I get the guest/register page instead of the login page.

What appears to happen is that my previous connection has finally been timed out by their server but something is still broken either in my cache or their server and it won't let me re-login.

Very very annoying. DVC is the only site I have ever had this happen on.

Jim

I just took a look and overall I'm disappointed. Not really anything new other than a "new look". I found it a bit slower and I keep getting the message "This page contains both secure and non secure items. Do you want to display the non secure items" not once but twice each time I go to a member specific area such as point summaries. Does anyone know how to get ride of that message (or if I even want to LOL)?

Overall I don't see much improvement. Maybe that is the next phase.

If anyone does know how to get rid of this annoying message please let me know aswell...:confused:

Hasd anyone noticed that some of the links go to the wrong place? eg, Downtown Disney Area Dining links to Theme park dining in the member perks section???:surfweb:

I don't like that there are no resort tours now:confused3

:)
If anyone does know how to get rid of this annoying message please let me know aswell...:confused:

Hasd anyone noticed that some of the links go to the wrong place? eg, Downtown Disney Area Dining links to Theme park dining in the member perks section???:surfweb:

apparently there is a way to stop this annoying message but it would mean lowering the security settings on your browser which may leave us open to virus'
:eek:

(My DH is works in IT - i'm not really that knowledgeable :rolleyes1 )

My guess would be that they will sort this out given time...:)

Help! Maybe I'm blind...Where is the audio mute button on the home page? Everytime I click back to the home page the music starts and I can't stop it. I have to mute the audio on my notebook and this is very annoying when trying to listen to the radio online while surfing the member site.

I cannot fint the mute either & what's more annoying is the music. It sure doesn't make me identify with anything Disney.

It's in the lower left corner of the images that display at the top of the home page.

ETA: And on my system, it is muting itself after it one cycle through the set of images that it displays.

OK, got it, but it is not always visable--sort of fades in & out. definately a bit tricky.

It's showing that I don't have any Aug07 UY points available to bank, but the unused points (9) should be bankable. This may be a glitch unless I'm missing something.

I would love to check out the site, but as happens once a month I am no longer able to access it. Whenever I go to dvcmember.com I get the guest/register page instead of the login page.

What appears to happen is that my previous connection has finally been timed out by their server but something is still broken either in my cache or their server and it won't let me re-login.

Very very annoying. DVC is the only site I have ever had this happen on.

Jim

I know this sounds wacky... but log in here... www.waltdisneyworld.com under that user name, then Log out close all windows then try and log into the member site.

Remember that bug they fixed where if you added on at AKV and you were still in your '06 UY, the Points Summary display combined '06 UY points from other resorts with '07 UY points from AKV and labeled them "2007 Use Year"? Well.... it's back. It looks like the new website has re-introduced at least one old bug, one that confused a lot of people and caused them to call MS to see if their points were as messed up as they appeared to be online, and one that we waited MONTHS for them to fix. And now it's back.

So we have a new website with a new look and a couple of nice changes, but lots of things that have disappeared or no longer work, and at least one old very annoying bug being re-introduced.

It's in the lower left corner of the images that display at the top of the home page.

ETA: And on my system, it is muting itself after it one cycle through the set of images that it displays.

Thanks LisaS. It wasn't there this morning. It was there when I checked two mintues ago. Now it is fading in and out. At least all of my points are where they should be...Thanks again...

So we have a new website with a new look and a couple of nice changes, but lots of things that have disappeared or no longer work, and at least one old very annoying bug being re-introduced.

I did a resort tour on the new website and looked at the points charts for VWL. They are using the 2006/2007 points charts, not the 2007/2008 version. I had mentioned this to them some time ago and they had fixed it, but now it is back.

There is definitely a lack of software configuration management. I do believe that the evidence strongly suggests this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter