New Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 Dates Revealed + New Frozen Castle Illumination!

Absolutely!! Putting a band in the Commissary Lane area was a poor call - it's already tight and congested in there but now you want people to stop and watch the band? Yet, the majority of Galaxy's Edge was empty of people. Same with the area around Muppet Vision. And all the way down where the entrance to Toy Story Midway Mania used to be.

The area around Echo Lake looked festive as did Sunset Boulevard, but nowhere else really.
Had not heard that ........... YIKES ........ that is crowded on a non-crowded day. So much lost opportunity.

I would have loved to sit in the room when all this logistically was "planned" out. Who were these people?

Had not heard that ........... YIKES ........ that is crowded on a non-crowded day. So much lost opportunity.

I would have loved to sit in the room when all this logistically was "planned" out. Who were these people?
If I had to guess, I’d say this event had it’s budget repeatedly and massively cut, and people just had to do as much as possible with as little as possible.

Do you think they’d give refunds to those with tickets not yet redeemed if I called and said I’ve heard this was disaster and don’t want to waste our time and money coming to this party now. Based on the vlogs and feedback I’ve read, we really do not want to go. How do I ask this?

If I had to guess, I’d say this event had it’s budget repeatedly and massively cut, and people just had to do as much as possible with as little as possible.
I don't think so. They provided everything they advertised since day one plus some, no cut backs on that.

Add that this is exactly all the problems they had with a previous ticketed event in DHS.

I think they thought they could just snow their way through it as they do with lots of things AND they are depending on the locals looking for a themed dress up party who wouldn't care about some things. The best reviews I have seen are from the locals.

What occurred is exactly what I expected based on previous experience. I think this was their plan. Social media wasn't going to be quiet about this and honestly some folks jobs should be on the line because there was no excuse for it.

Do you think they’d give refunds to those with tickets not yet redeemed if I called and said I’ve heard this was disaster and don’t want to waste our time and money coming to this party now. Based on the vlogs and feedback I’ve read, we really do not want to go. How do I ask this?
If they don't I read someone was able to switch for a Christmas Party or you could ask for credit for future tickets.

One year for MNSSHP that was a fail they gave me one day tickets to a park which worked great for DH who comes rarely.

For Unleash the Villains they gave me a choice of cash refund or one day ticket, the one day was the better value so I chose that.

I’ve heard they are giving refunds no questions asked or letting people switch to MVMCP. We just switched ours via UT.

According to reports in the other/thread forum linked above, the answer is yes, but you should do it sooner rather than later.

I changed mine to MVMCP with no issue this morning. Of course, now I’m going to MVMCP 3x during my 5 night visit…

I changed mine to MVMCP with no issue this morning. Of course, now I’m going to MVMCP 3x during my 5 night visit…
I’m guessing we would only be able to change to a non-sold out MVMCP right? The dates during our trip are sold out :( we might be stuck with Jollywood I guess

I’m guessing we would only be able to change to a non-sold out MVMCP right? The dates during our trip are sold out :( we might be stuck with Jollywood I guess
I’d call and ask about a refund, at least. If I wasn’t taking my mom, I’d probably go and ride a bunch of rides - sounds like that part was great. (Ok, and maybe eat a chicken funnel cake!)

I'd love to know where to ask for a refund!
We were so disappointed in the event with the huge lines for any of the special party stuff. I mean, if you stopped for one photopass picture, one character meet, and at one of the special treat locations? That probably took up a good chunk of your party time. Felt bad for all the people waiting for Rise. Line was long and it was down a LOT.

And the added disappointment of the Skyliner not running for the party really annoyed us - since we specifically stayed in a Skyliner resort with the expectation of being able to use it. We left an hour before the party ended and the looooooooong walk to the Pop bus stop (of course it's the furthest one) was awful.

Here's what our party night looked like - rode TSMM, Slinky, Aliens, Smugglers, Star Tours, RnRC, Tower, Runaway Railway, TSMM, met Edna, met Frozone - and then we left.
Was the Skyliner not running because of the rain or does it shutdown at a certain time and that wasn’t extended for the party? We got a room at Pop Century specifically to be able to Skyliner back to the resort after the party.

Was the Skyliner not running because of the rain or does it shutdown at a certain time and that wasn’t extended for the party? We got a room at Pop Century specifically to be able to Skyliner back to the resort after the party.
Someone posted a sign that stated the Skyliner would be closing at 9:30 pm and buses would be available, so unless that changes for some reason, no skyliner after the party. It didn’t run after the AH party we did at HS last year, either, so it’s not unusual.

I'm going to hang on to mine and see what happens with things going forward.

I think the degree of "suck" depends on exactly what you want to do at the party. Sounds like things were pretty good on the ride front.

I also think the type of crowd was somewhat unique on night one. I have no intention of trying to do every single event, meeting every character, and trying every single type of food and drink, which I think the vloggers were definitely trying to do. The rain was also a big negative factor added to the rest.

Someone posted a sign that stated the Skyliner would be closing at 9:30 pm and buses would be available, so unless that changes for some reason, no skyliner after the party. It didn’t run after the AH party we did at HS last year, either, so it’s not unusual.
I was not aware of that. We usually only stay at CSR and booked Pop specifically for the Skyliner after the part. What do you think it would be like trying to get an Uber after the party?

So sorry it was such a mess!! Hoping Disney is madly scrambling to make things better goi g forward, especially for those who already have tickets!

I'm going to hang on to mine and see what happens with things going forward.

I think the degree of "suck" depends on exactly what you want to do at the party. Sounds like things were pretty good on the ride front.

I also think the type of crowd was somewhat unique on night one. I have no intention of trying to do every single event, meeting every character, and trying every single type of food and drink, which I think the vloggers were definitely trying to do. The rain was also a big negative factor added to the rest.
Oh, for sure. To be clear, if I hadn’t bought these tickets to do drinks/snacks/shows with my mom, I’d still go! Hope you enjoy!

Oof. I think I’d let one of those tickets go unused and turn into a credit to use on a party next year.
I was thinking about it, but one is for me, one is with Mom, one is with my sister and her daughter. The latter two, I am at others’ mercy. But…maybe. That is a whole lot of MVMCP. Will decide this week.

The skyliner wasn’t running because Disney didn’t want to pay to keep the hours extended. Had nothing to do with the rain. They cheaped out on it like they did with every other aspect of this event, even though they could have easily kept 2 out of 3 of the lines open for guests.

Disney keeps the monorails running after MNSSHP and MVMCP though, and after hours have much lower capacity than Jollywood nights, so they really have no excuse here other than just spending as little as possible for guest satisfaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter