New Epcot character meal.

I was checking to see if there was any more info on this! I got an email from our agent at Dreams this morning that it's a new character breakfast at EPCOT starting August 1, but that's all they know. She did say that the rumor is the princesses will be there.

Has anyone heard anything else??

Any word on what restaurant ???
That would be great....Epcot needs another good one!!

This new Character meal is a TEST for several weeks. It will be a Princess meal held in Norway in Akershus (sp?). I have my own opinions about this but I would like to know what everyone else thinks.

I will be trying the Cindy's breakfast for the first time this August, since I now have a little girl obsessed with Cinderella.:D I was fortunate to get reservations, but I hear so many people who have problems. Given the popularity of this breakfast, I think this additional one is a good idea, however, I question the choice of location????? Seems to me that the Odyssey Center would be much better.

It sounds like an attempt to ease overwhelming demand at Cinderella's Royal Table. I suspect it will be very popular, and conisder Akershus a very appropriate location(having a castle-like decor)for the Princess theme. The Odyssey could accomodate more guests, but Akershus has the themeing to pull it all together.

I hope both are true. They sound like a blast. BTW we are empty nesters.:)

I confirmed the one about the new Princess breakfast in Norway.
This morning I called to get reservations for Cindy's breakfast (we were successful!!!), and asked about these rumors. The new breakfast STARTS July 28 (and goes until October 28, for a test...let's make it a success), and they are taking reservations NOW!!!
We got ours for our vacation in August.

Sounds really good.
Will the Breakfest maintain a Norwegian Theme or be more general?

I was told it was family style, I think that is like Cindy's (pre-plated). I would expect it to be your standard american fare, but I am only guessing.

We got a PS today also for the new breakfast in Norway. They say it will be eggs, bacon, etc. The Buzz and Woody breakfast seems to only be a rumor. Too bad that would be fun for the boys.

We ate at the new Story Book Princess breakfast in Norway on July 31st. It was great. My 2 girls and I loved it! Luckily my hubby found the rumor on this Board before we left for WDW. We didn't plan our trip early enough to even try for Cindy's breakfast.

The setting works because it does resemble a castle. I spoke with the manager who confirmed that this is a test project b/c of the success of the Cindy breakfast. Cindy will not attend b/c of her MK breakfast.

It was a family style meal that started with fresh fruit and pastries. Then we received a skillet with bacon, sausage, french toast sticks, scrambled eggs and a great potatoe cheese casserole. The princesses in attendance were Snow White, Aurora, Mary Poppins, Belle and Jasmine.

We had an 8:30 PS and did have difficulty getting into Epcot in time. The PS reservationist told us to be at the Epcot gate by 8:00 a.m. but the security guard at the main Epcot gate would not let us through. I finally had to argue with the toll booth attendant who finally let us through. It was a shame that we were delayed, because they pick one princess (someone in the first party to arrive) to open the castle each morning. Eventhough we were the first car to arrive at the Epcot gate, we missed being the opening princess b/c of that security guard. I would have to agree with some of the other threads that Disney customer relations has slipped.

We ate there last Saturday and had a marvelous time. The food and characters were as previously described.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter