New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for confirmation that kids and adults qs credits are pooled. Too late for my upcoming trip but thinking of an extended family trip later this year. If they are still pooled, is there anything stopping an adult using a kids credit and getting a beer at qs? As long as they are present and have ID of course.
QS credits are still pooled

If 2 adults and 1 child order 3 QS meals, they can get a max of 2 alcoholic drinks

To get 3 alcoholic drinks, you’d need to order 3 adult meals, and have ID for all 3 (in theory)

Not sure how it’s confusing

Regarding the BOG QS... Was alcohol ever included with breakfast or lunch? I thought the alcohol there was only at dinner?

Correct, I do not believe alcohol has ever been available at BOG before dinner and the DDP changes haven't made them start selling it.

To get 3 alcoholic drinks, you’d need to order 3 adult meals, and have ID for all 3 (in theory)

It's that "in theory" that makes it a little confusing. There's already been one report that they didn't ask for ID. So I see no reason that anyone can't buy their child an adult meal and get an extra alcoholic beverage with it for themselves (or someone else).

I'm still waiting for confirmation that kids and adults qs credits are pooled. Too late for my upcoming trip but thinking of an extended family trip later this year. If they are still pooled, is there anything stopping an adult using a kids credit and getting a beer at qs? As long as they are present and have ID of course.

I think if people weren't able to get adult meals with kid QS credits, we would've seen something already. It's been done with the DxDDP, so I see no reason for it to not still be done with QS credits.

I also wonder if Blue Laws (not being able to sell beer and/or wine and/or liquor before a certain hour on Sunday) have something to do with morning availability. It may be easier to just have a "not before this time period" rule in place than make CMs remember what day it is.
I was wondering the same thing, so I did a quick search...

Osceola County allows you to buy alcohol beginning at 7 am, Monday thru Saturday. On Sundays, sales begin at 9 am at liquor stores, gas stations, and supermarkets, and 11 am at bars and restaurants.

In Orange County, you can purchase alcohol in liquor stores, gas stations, and supermarkets starting at 9 am, 7 days a week. In bars and restaurants, sales begin at 11 am.

From what I've read, most of Disney World falls under Orange County (I'm not 100% on this, so please correct me if I'm wrong), so maybe that's why people are having trouble getting alcohol early?
The Blue Laws in Texas have an exception to those early hours if the drink is purchased with "substantial" food. In other words, drinks with breakfast are allowed, but drinks on their own are not. I suspect Florida has something similar.

Interesting that although you have an alcohol entitlement with each dining credit, they aren’t allowing you to use it at breakfast. That really cuts into the value for customers. I’m sure lots of people (including myself) had planned to get a beer along with my breakfast QS and stick it in my room’s fridge for later.
This made me lol. My DH said just yesterday he was going to bring extra soda bottles and then fill them with his alcohol allotment to drink later and strap them to his legs to smuggle them out because "If we're paying for it, you better believe I'm getting it." But we aren't heavy drinkers. We'll probably just have a drink with our evening meal. (He was joking by the way).

QS credits are still pooled

If 2 adults and 1 child order 3 QS meals, they can get a max of 2 alcoholic drinks

Not sure how it’s confusing
Ahhh, never said I was "confused". In practice we can book the qsddp for a room with one adult and one child in it and share those credits with family staying in another room. In this case what is stopping two adults from the other room from redeeming the alcohol entitlement?

I was wondering the same thing, so I did a quick search...

Osceola County allows you to buy alcohol beginning at 7 am, Monday thru Saturday. On Sundays, sales begin at 9 am at liquor stores, gas stations, and supermarkets, and 11 am at bars and restaurants.

In Orange County, you can purchase alcohol in liquor stores, gas stations, and supermarkets starting at 9 am, 7 days a week. In bars and restaurants, sales begin at 11 am.

From what I've read, most of Disney World falls under Orange County (I'm not 100% on this, so please correct me if I'm wrong), so maybe that's why people are having trouble getting alcohol early?

That is my thinking. And with the change on Sunday and the flux of Disney CMs (college program in and out, International representatives (whatever the term is) in and out, etc.) it may just be easier for them to have one time that meets all the blue law requirements.

Ahhh, never said I was "confused". In practice we can book the qsddp for a room with one adult and one child in it and share those credits with family staying in another room. In this case what is stopping two adults from the other room from redeeming the alcohol entitlement?

Absolutely nothing. Disney allows credits to be used by others. As QS credits are just credits an adult can use all of them. And get alcohol

Has absolutely nothing to do w your conscience. Disney created this process. Use it guilt free and enjoy!

Their conscience
Surely you jest. Conscience doesn't matter when alcohol is involved, people gotta get their booze! Gotta work the loophole until Disney stops the practice, and then they'll complain about it afterwards.

Well, not really. If you use a TS credit for breakfast (and the old QS plan too), you don't get the dessert part of the credit. If you use a DxDDP credit for a QS meal, you lose the app and dessert. This isn't much different from that. It's all a matter of choices.
I respectfully disagree. The other things you mentioned were like that previous to the 2018 dining plan updates.

But the 2018 plan specifically says the update for this year is the inclusion of alcohol (for those over 21), with your meal credit, to be used at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. So I’m paying a few bucks extra for the plan, and I’m supposed to have the addition of alcohol with each meal credit used, but some places are not allowing it with breakfast. Even though it plainly states it on the website.

I think Disney still has kinks to fix and needs to get everyone on the same page.

I think Disney still has kinks to fix and needs to get everyone on the same page.

This made me chuckle. I'm arguing with someone on another thread how Disney at least appears to throw new things out there without really thinking them through. This backs up my argument, but I've decided just to let that one go.

I haven't looked at the actual wording on the new plan and scrutinized the details. I think it did take them a year or two to finally put a parenthesis on the breakfast exclusions on the regular dining plans. Let's hope it won't take them this long with this one.

I've stated here several times that I thought Disney was going to take this opportunity to un-pool kid's and adult credits. They must have reasons for not doing so. They are not pooled with the regular DDP for TS so it can't be that hard.

i assume the reason is they can charge $15 a child more than the DDP for DxDP and $40 more per adult per night. So they provide more 'flexibily' in return for you paying a great deal more. I'm sure they know how frequently guests end their vacations with leftover credits, so its still a massive money maker for them, even with the 'loophole'.

I've stated here several times that I thought Disney was going to take this opportunity to un-pool kid's and adult credits. They must have reasons for not doing so. They are not pooled with the regular DDP for TS so it can't be that hard.
It's hard because every TS restaurant has a kids menu, but not ever QS has one. How do you redeem a kids credit for a meal at a restaurant that doesn't have a kids menu? It will require a dramatic overhaul to their POS system, or (and maybe more difficult) a lot of training for cashiers.

It's hard because every TS restaurant has a kids menu, but not ever QS has one. How do you redeem a kids credit for a meal at a restaurant that doesn't have a kids menu? It will require a dramatic overhaul to their POS system, or (and maybe more difficult) a lot of training for cashiers.
Maybe just add kids meals to the few who don't have them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter