New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbaa_

>Hakuna Matata!<
Happy New Year!

This thread is to update what is really happening w the 2018 dnng plans. We have had lots of speculation so far

Please do not post anything other than actual experiences. No speculation! Any speculation posts will poof in the night

Please be as specific as possible when posting your experiences. Clarifying and follow up questions are fine

Guidelines subject to change if needed

Thank you everyone!

Last edited:
Checked into CSR today with Deluxe plan for 2. First of all, we tried to use a snack credit in France & were told there was a problem with our PIN number & to ask at the resort. When we went to the front desk to straighten out the PIN issue, the cast member noticed that our plan included snacks & mugs, but no table service credits. He said he had to cancel our entire reservation & rebook it, and that we would not be able to use our dining plan tonight, that we will have to charge to room and be credited later on. CM said everyone checking in today with Deluxe Dining was having this problem and that it has to do with the pooling of child and adult credits and the dining plan now including alcohol. We have no children on our plan this time, so that issue does not apply to us.

So we had an ADR at Splitsville tonight. We arrived & let the server know we had Deluxe dining. He informed us that we could have any beverage priced $16 or less but this did NOT include any souvenir cups. At the end of our meal, the server scanned our bands and sure enough, no TS credits. We charged to room and are headed back to CSR to ask them to apply the meal to the dining plan & Credit our account.

I’m sure this will work out in the coming days, but today it’s a bit of a mess!

Oh my goodness, MouseTrip07. What a mess. I am so sorry. I hope they fix it quickly, so you don't have to mess with that everyday of your trip.

Oh wow, what a headache. We’re checking in tomorrow morning with DxDP, i really hope this doesn’t mess us all up. I can understand the non-pooled Kids credits, but that sounds like a hot-mess. Dining is such a huge part of our trip, the stress of this would just ruin it.

Checked into CSR today with Deluxe plan for 2. First of all, we tried to use a snack credit in France & were told there was a problem with our PIN number & to ask at the resort. When we went to the front desk to straighten out the PIN issue, the cast member noticed that our plan included snacks & mugs, but no table service credits. He said he had to cancel our entire reservation & rebook it, and that we would not be able to use our dining plan tonight, that we will have to charge to room and be credited later on. CM said everyone checking in today with Deluxe Dining was having this problem and that it has to do with the pooling of child and adult credits and the dining plan now including alcohol. We have no children on our plan this time, so that issue does not apply to us.

So we had an ADR at Splitsville tonight. We arrived & let the server know we had Deluxe dining. He informed us that we could have any beverage priced $16 or less but this did NOT include any souvenir cups. At the end of our meal, the server scanned our bands and sure enough, no TS credits. We charged to room and are headed back to CSR to ask them to apply the meal to the dining plan & Credit our account.

I’m sure this will work out in the coming days, but today it’s a bit of a mess!

I'm curious if it listed your table service credits on the MDE app? We just checked in and they are all listed correctly. We haven't tried to use them yet.

I had a much similar experience yesterday with the DxDP. Upon check in, at ASMu, there were only snack credits and cup on my reservation. Went to the front desk. They rebooked for me. Went to dinner (at the resort, mind you) and yep. No meal credits. They rebooked AGAIN and hopefully it’s fixed now. I’ll find out at lunch today.
Edited to add-I am the only one in my party. I don’t have any children here with me. Seems like a coding issue.

Last edited:
I’m in line to check in, and the issue with Deluxe Dining is that it is being removed and no longer sold! Anyone with a existing reservation has to be rebooked and modified.

I’m in line to check in, and the issue with Deluxe Dining is that it is being removed and no longer sold! Anyone with a existing reservation has to be rebooked and modified.

No longer sold? I don’t think that is what you mean. I think the problem was with the coding in the change over. Someone used a coding that was a modification most likely. Meaning that code is more st likely not being sold anymore. My updated credits in MDE clearly say deluxe meaning the have he deluxe dining plan. If you log on to the Disney website right now, you can’t buy any dining plan.

Last edited:
No.. maybe the lady was wrong? the person told me they are removing it entirely, that it didn't sell well, and they are getting rid of it?! That no new deluxe plans will be sold, and that is what it causing the problem. Any existing bookings will be honored. Which sees crazy to me!!

We checked in, and I got my credits assigned.

Adult and kids are still pooled on DxDP.

Here is our credit printout for DxDP. 2 adult, one 9yo

Attachments

• CB4E8425-459B-4AD0-A67F-7765CE8EDF3E.jpeg
    CB4E8425-459B-4AD0-A67F-7765CE8EDF3E.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 430
No.. maybe the lady was wrong? the person told me they are removing it entirely, that it didn't sell well, and they are getting rid of it?! That no new deluxe plans will be sold, and that is what it causing the problem. Any existing bookings will be honored. Which sees crazy to me!!

We checked in, and I got my credits assigned.

Adult and kids are still pooled on DxDP.

That seems weird, especially since Disney has gone through the expense of advertisement for the DxDP for this year. It’s just the second day. Since this is a problem that sprang up yesterday, I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in this news.

There's no way they are discontinuing it. There has been an issue carrying it over for the new year.

Adults and kids were always pooled on DDXP and the QSDP. They were only separated out regarding the TS credits on the regular dining plan. And I don't think they were planning on having them all pooled for that plan this year.

There's no way they are discontinuing it. There has been an issue carrying it over for the new year.

Adults and kids were always pooled on DDXP and the QSDP. They were only separated out regarding the TS credits on the regular dining plan. And I don't think they were planning on having them all pooled for that plan this year.

Again, I think something funky went on with the coding. Disney is famous for having a less than desirable IT department. This is just another example of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!