New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

I just checked in for Movies with Stagepass. We were given the option of A or C. B is full. Parking, getting through security were painless. I parked in the structure off of West St and came in through security by the Marriott. There was about a 10 minute wait to check in and get a wristband once I got into Hall E.

So, I decided we are not even heading to the Expo until about 10 or so. The few panels of interest to me are ones that would be too hard to do with my sister or boring for her. So, today, I am going to see about things she will enjoy. Looks like we are going to try for Mickey Disco, Auli’i Cravalho signing, and Dr. Pol (Puppies).

New approach to the show floor today once we got upstairs - we can pick any row in front of any door to get in, not trying to keep us in a line this time. Guess there was some shoving & pushing to get in yesterday once door opened.

My thoughts from my first day at D23. We arrived at our Clarion parking spot at 6:30am. SpotHero was awesome.
Had to walk over to Katella entrance and passed security pretty quickly. In line for show floor and settled in on the carpet for a couple hours, picked up gold gift during wait while DW held our spot.
Made it to DWTS panel at around 9:45. And it was a waste of time. I was expecting so much (like actual dancing and stars...) and got an hour of vacuous chatter.
So then we said stores. Disney Store was first but line was closed. So we moved to MOG and we moved pretty quickly until we didn’t cuz apparently the store closed for restocking. Took about 2 hours. But hey, when else can I get into this store? Good haul there, practically a whole new Disney wardrobe! Loved it!
MOG pin line was not moving at all for the entire time we were there 😳 so plan accordingly...
Visited booths after that, foregoing further panels because 😴 but if it’s your thing enjoy!
Hit Dream Store line at 2pm and that was barely 20 minutes. Another good haul!
Debating going to Disney+ but figured we’d hear about it after the fact. Visited more booths, looked out for our favorite vloggers but no luck. Disney+ offer only valid in US, sorry international visitors (got a pin anyway).
Last queue of the day was Disney Store, we entered line a little before 6pm waited about an hour got in and was a mass of humanity. Got a couple pin sets and called it a day!
Wear comfy shoes and don’t ignore vendor booths.

MOG pin line was not moving at all for the entire time we were there 😳 so plan accordingly
A couple of people in line yesterday for MOG, one waited 6 hours! After staying overnight, and another longer than that. I guess some lines got crossed?

Today the Disney staff were very strong in messaging they’d walk people to MOG, no running or pushing or badges would be pulled. Still crazy to get in but at a slightly slower pace LOL

Ouch - people one person ahead of me in the show floor line just figured out they are not in the Studios panel line. They’ve moved to what looks like the new overflow Section B standby queue...

Someone just said they’ve closed the standby line for the studios panel as they would not let him join it,

That is so sad. It is my biggest convention fear!

If I were you I would plan to show up at security by 5am. I doubt 8am will get you into Parks. 6am maaaaybe.

8am may not even get you in the building in time.

For anyone interested in the Haunted Mansion 50th panel in the Arena, they are not allowing any lines to start until 11:30. So those of us already here are hovering in the fringe of “non-lines” LOL

How scary is the regular MoG line today?
Few minutes ago was told pin store is closed. Possibly for the day. And the main store was also temporarily closed. CM wasn’t sure on timing of reopening. Both queues were packed.

For anyone interested in the Haunted Mansion 50th panel in the Arena, they are not allowing any lines to start until 11:30. So those of us already here are hovering in the fringe of “non-lines” LOL
I went to grab a record at music Emporium and will be back at 1130. Hopefully gold queue will work out. It’s a huge room.

I gave up on waiting for the gold queue. Too many restless people, not sure they will all get in to Gold, & did not want to be at the back & behind the line cut to have to go to stand by & possibly not get in,,so I opted for closer to the front of the stand by queue. Hoping it is like other stand by where the first 2 or 3 rows get in for sure.

Few minutes ago was told pin store is closed. Possibly for the day. And the main store was also temporarily closed. CM wasn’t sure on timing of reopening. Both queues were packed.

I don’t want pins, just the other store. Maybe I’ll check it late today or tomorrow.

I gave up on waiting for the gold queue. Too many restless people, not sure they will all get in to Gold, & did not want to be at the back & behind the line cut to have to go to stand by & possibly not get in,,so I opted for closer to the front of the stand by queue. Hoping it is like other stand by where the first 2 or 3 rows get in for sure.
Good call. Gold is full. Crazy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter