New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

I guessed it would have nothing to do with film or the parks. They wouldn't announce something big in a small stage like Stage 28. At the same time Disney has a problem over-hyping things.

In tbe D23 Expo app when I click on the Walt Disney Animation Studios Pennant giveaway it says "(Please use the online reservation system to sign up.)". Maybe I`m just misinterpreting it as a mere suggestion to make a reservation and not that it is a requirement with the possibility of there also being a standby line.

I was just wondering since in other sections of the app the wording is straight and to the point, ...say for example, in the Visual Effects Behind Avengers Endgame at Marvel Studious it says "(Reservation Required)".

Overnight queues:

Apparently, they are making you put away anything that would provide comfort between you and the hard, concrete floor. Maybe blankets in backpacks are still ok.

Update:
Maybe they don`t think these are needed since they are being moved to a carpeted area. Someone on instagram posted what it looks like:

But isn`t this before they are moved to Hall E? And in Hall E there is a concrete floor right? (Which would suck big time if not even a mat is allowed) The instagram video did not mention they will actually be sleeping under North Hall. I am confused. I fhink I`ll skip the Legends panel and save my strength for Saturday. In the meantime I'll follow @D23Line for updates.

Last edited:
I’m giving it a try with a small blanket in a bag (takes up less space than my collapsible chair) and my small suitcase which is well below the published allowable dimensions. Guess we shall see how it goes in the early morning.

Please report back. I would love to hear the verdict.
Yes, any word on rolling backpacks? Mine is within the allowed measurements, but I want to make sure it will be let through bag check.
And any word on the seat cushions or pads (like the BB F! cushions or inflatable stadium seat pads or the gardening pads)?

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but are they really being that strict on bottled water?

Not sure about Avengers Campus. Maybe Avengers Academy would be better? Integrated storyline between Paris, California and Hong Kong is interesting. Ant-Man is in Hong Kong so maybe different parks will have different heroes

It’s 4 am and my husband and I have entered and found our spot in line for the show floor and guess what we saw.... people in chairs! The same chairs we bought for the Expo and left behind at our hotel because as we watched people enter the building yesterday security was screaming no chairs and taking them away! Argh!!!

We had no problem being in snacks. The main entrance until 5am is the north one on Katella. Good luck and have fun everyone!
66EEFBAF-011E-479D-B663-9215CA6AA3A5.jpeg811A1699-C891-43B2-BB12-27D1B822D112.jpeg

Again upside down sorry don’t know how to fix it.

Just got here also. As noted above, saw a couple of chairs. Also saw LOTS of inflatables in the show floor area, Also camping mats. There are not many people in line yet for Legends.

They are asking if your whole party IS here and if you are Gold for the legends line. We are being wrist banded almost as soon as we get in line,

Re security, for me just a cursory check & there was no one else in the line I used, I didn’t have to explain my snacks and also had a couple of bottles of water along with my refillable

Show floor is decided by which store or area you want to go to, MOG, Disney store, etc.

Show floor is decided by which store or area you want to go to, MOG, Disney store, etc.

So there's multiple lines for show floor? Having never done D23 is it as confusing as it sounds? And is there a Gold Member line for show floor or just for the Legends panel?

Sorry, just trying to get a clear idea in my head.

So there's multiple lines for show floor? Having never done D23 is it as confusing as it sounds? And is there a Gold Member line for show floor or just for the Legends panel?

Sorry, just trying to get a clear idea in my head.
Gold is only for panels not stores,

IF you kook at the floor plan, the shows floor is halls A, B, C. They are splitting the floor lines into which area of show floor you want to go to - A, B, or C. All of the Disney related stores are hall C so the longest line now, we will split off later

A is Arena and Talent central. B is Marvel & Disney studio store Hollywood,

And two more large collapsible chairs just showed up.

I left mine in my room decided not to chance it. One lady has back issues & got her chair tagged yesterday as OK to bring but others are not tagged.

Not sure why the differences from yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter