New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

And I now have a confirmation email saying I have successfully completed my reservation, with nothing listed of course. Extremely bad customer experience.

What a joke. The D23Expo reservation process was far below Disney standards. This is an embarrassment. First their servers were down yesterday. Then today, we waited and waited. First time in we got all sorts of glitches and made reservations only for the site to undo those reservations. Then got kicked out a thrown back into queue after getting in! Finally got on after an hour and half and ZERO options for Dream Store on any day and ZERO options for Disney Store, and ZERO options on any day the many panels we wanted to see. Nothing is available. They just want to callously collect our money but offer NOTHING in return.

I don't know why we keep rewarding this company was our money. We are Premiere Passport holders (visit both US parks regularly). Run many runDisney events. Spend thousands a year on Lilo&Stitch and Star Wars merchandise. And are substantial shareholders in the Walt Disney Company. We made reservations to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for D23 Expo, but now thinking of cancelling everything given the poor experience we're likely to have. Why spend all this money and travel long distances just to basically see the exhibitor floor?

Disney really failed miserably on this one! I hope they fire whoever was in charge of this fiasco. Was way better last time when substantial seats were available for people willing to wait in line.

I was okay with getting in and finding most of what I wanted gone, since I was getting updates, but I am beyond frustrated that we get through the queue and we cannot get past the enter badge and email screen. We tried both badge numbers and emails and nothing gets us past "Submit" on my sister's laptop. We have tried for 20 minutes before my little guy finally got us through. I clicked out without any reservations. They only few I saw were for events I know we would not go so I did not want to take. The one I thought about trying, Kermit, would never let me book and said it was filled, but did not go to the x over the time.

My sister now is slightly depressed, more due to the issues with getting past the badge screen, and I have to find a way to get her excited about the 3 days of the expo, which she is only somewhat interested now.

I am very, very upset at this point.

Basically, a select lucky few got everything they wanted and will have a great experience.

I was refreshing right with everyone else. Barely got scraps.

It's going to be the same 200 people at all the signings. People on Twitter are already selling their second guest marvel signing pass.

I have no idea how many stage passes were even released (they'll never tell us) so now have no idea how incredibly early I'll have to line up for all the big panels.

I'm completely disgusted and am going to step away from the boards and this thread until I calm down.
You are not alone and I’m joining you in walking away.

Oh, and after waiting over an hour, DH finally got in to a log in screen that refused to recognize his badge number and email! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... It's been a long day already.

I was okay with getting in and finding most of what I wanted gone, since I was getting updates, but I am beyond frustrated that we get through the queue and we cannot get past the enter badge and email screen. We tried both badge numbers and emails and nothing gets us past "Submit" on my sister's laptop. We have tried for 20 minutes before my little guy finally got us through. I clicked out without any reservations. They only few I saw were for events I know we would not go so I did not want to take. The one I thought about trying, Kermit, would never let me book and said it was filled, but did not go to the x over the time.

My sister now is slightly depressed, more due to the issues with getting past the badge screen, and I have to find a way to get her excited about the 3 days of the expo, which she is only somewhat interested now.

Maybe show her the schedule of panels that are not the huge ones. I have heard from so many people, and have experienced it at other events, that the big headliners aren't always what they are cracked up to be. People have said that the small panels that they didn't expect to do were amazing. You can star stuff in the app. There is a ton of stuff that's not in the conference/panel rooms too. Stuff that you can just walk right up to on stages on the main area. Plus, if you decide to wait in lines, I have been told that it's kind of one of the best parts of the Expo, in a weird sort of way. Good luck!

Oh, and after waiting over an hour, DH finally got in to a log in screen that refused to recognize his badge number and email! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... It's been a long day already.

It has been long. I am going for a margarita:drinking1

Awesome! I'll have my lime-green Mickeys, as well as DIS Unplugged buttons on me. :)

Is there somewhere to get/print out one of the lime green Mickeys? Hoping to meet you after watching/listening to you so often/long on the podcasts.

EVERYTHING was filled up by the time I was graciously allowed into Disney Magic my ***. What a complete joke.

Oof... well... that was certainly “an experience”. For me the process wasn’t a COMPLETE failure... but we did miss out on a majority of the things we planned on reserving.

First, the system opened the virtual queue a few minutes (seemingly) earlier than 12 PM PST and just by chance I was lucky and decided to refresh a couple times during the few minutes before the reservation period was to start. So... I felt like it I was late even then.

Anyway. Once I got in I was unsuccessful in selecting ANY StorePass or TalentPass selections as they kept giving me errors on all the days for every open time selection, so I decided to ignore them and focus on the StagePass selections as they were most important to us. I was able to secure Legends and S.H.I.E.L.D. for our panels on Friday, so that’s good as they were the ones we wanted.

Saturday was a failure in terms of securing the Studios and Aladdin panels... BUT we did get the Haunted Mansion 50th and Disney on Broadway 25th concert presentations... so... win-some, lose-some. Could’ve predicted that those others would’ve been snapped up instantly by the time I got around to reserving them...

Sunday was also a failure in trying to reserve the Parks & Resorts sneak peek... the time slot was all crossed off and sold out when I reached it, so as a consultation, I decided to go with The Art of Disney Storytelling instead. I also got the Disney Character Voices Inc. 30th panel for the late afternoon/early evening.

Urg! So yes, it was a frustrating process full of badge errors, error messages, panic, confusion, trial and error... but at least we got something out of it. Even though our main hopes were for all three of the big morning panels, to no avail.

So my question is this... for the Studios presentation... how early in the morning are we to be posted at the convention centre waiting for standby entry? Is this one of the be there between 2 AM - 3 AM ones?? What about the Parks & Resorts panel on Sunday morning? Do we have to be quite as early as 2 or 3 in the morning or is that one we can arrive a little later in the morning? Like... perhaps 4 AM or 5 AM??

People on Twitter are already selling their second guest marvel signing pass.
Wow. It'd be great if they registered their Twitter accounts with the same email that they activated their badges with, and that Disney/D23 could revoke their passes. But I doubt Disney cares all that much.
So my question is this... for the Studios presentation... how early in the morning are we to be posted at the convention centre waiting for standby entry? Is this one of the be there between 2 AM - 3 AM ones?? What about the Parks & Resorts panel on Sunday morning? Do we have to be quite as early as 2 or 3 in the morning or is that one we can arrive a little later in the morning? Like... perhaps 4 AM or 5 AM??
That was the case with the Studios presentation in 2017. But not knowing how many seats are filled with StagePass (which was never an option for that presentation before), and since they're now combining live action and the animated studios I suspect it'll be earlier than that this time. Hard to tell with Parks & Resorts since they've never presented in the morning before, but I'd guess it'll be similar to Studios

Last edited:
Wow. It'd be great if they registered their Twitter accounts with the same email that they activated their badges with, and that Disney/D23 could revoke their passes. But I doubt Disney cares all that much.

That was the case with the Studios presentation in 2017. But not knowing how many seats are filled with StagePass (which was never an option for that presentation before), I suspect it'll be earlier than that this time.

I wouldn't be upset about people giving spots to friends, but selling spots is despicable. Oops:o Wrong company. People are always looking for a way to game the system. Karma will sort it out I guess.

I think the Stage Pass will have an unknown influence on the waits. At least they specified at what time you can start queueing instead of the playing games. However, I am not getting in line at 2pm on Thursday for Friday:crazy:

I just bought a Gold Membership to have some hope of doing the morning panels. Does anyone know at about what time the Gold Priority Queues have usually reached capacity?

I just bought a Gold Membership to have some hope of doing the morning panels. Does anyone know at about what time the Gold Priority Queues have usually reached capacity?
I too would like to hear the answer to this. We are first timers and did not get any of the reservations we wanted. So, our best chance is the standby Gold Member line.

Thanks in advance for any help.

So Disney and D23 really screwed this up. I understand virtual queues and how they work. But the issue is they queued store, stage and talent on the same line and if you got in you could make reservations for all of them. Really it should work the way a physical queue did/does.

You have to prioritize one of the passes and you can make reservations for what you want for that pass. You can then enter another queue but there will be limited availability as others have selected prior to you. Instead, if you got in you got a store pass, 2 stage passes, and a talent pass for each day (or had that ability).

I had my browser open at 1145PT and refreshed at 1156PT and wasn't in till 111PT and there was nothing left besides HSM and few other uninteresting stage passes. This proves the following: either do sorcerer's or don't bother giving disney my $ for expo. I found this whole endeavor a waste of 2 hours of my life. Disney should do better. #endrant

What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. While I completely expected it, it doesn't keep me from being disappointed. At least day of Stage pass and all the lines kept everyone on a level playing field. This was just plain unfair. I'll still have a great time but I'm left asking myself (again), why I keep giving Disney my money.

ETA: would upgrading to Gold now qualify for for the lines next week or do I need my physical card? lol

I recently upgraded to Gold and was worried I wouldn't have the physical card since it says 3-4 weeks to ship. I contacted D23 customer service and they sent me an email that said "We understand that you may need to show proof of membership for events or exclusive D23 merchandise. I have provided below, a copy of your D23 membership information that can act as a temporary card, when shown with a valid ID in the event your membership card does not arrive in-time for the expo. " Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter