New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. While I completely expected it, it doesn't keep me from being disappointed. At least day of Stage pass and all the lines kept everyone on a level playing field. This was just plain unfair. I'll still have a great time but I'm left asking myself (again), why I keep giving Disney my money.

ETA: would upgrading to Gold now qualify for for the lines next week or do I need my physical card? lol

I just came back everything on my list was gone. I had two errors trying to get into Disney csutoming and gave up and left with only disney on broadway. All store passes gone and all big hall d23 panels were gone.

This was rather exhausting. Got 2 Stagepasses, so better than nothing. It doesn't say that I'm bringing a guest, even though I'm sure that I did click on that option. Should I be worried?

Only thing left for Friday is a Stagepass for a screening of High School Musical and DWTS..... I got nothing

Took 1 hr 15 minutes to get in and I got exactly 1 stage pass that I wanted. All store passes are gone as are most (maybe all) talent passes. I see a lot of lines in my future.

While I am still overall very excited to be going to my first D23 Expo, this process was just brutal. Talking off time from work yesterday to make reservations and waiting through the queue today only to have all the main things I wanted to see already taken is pretty rough. Oh well, I don't mind waiting in lines so hopefully I can get still get in to some stuff on standby.

I managed to get 1 Stagepass.

I was OK doing all standby in 2017, so I'll be OK this time. I'll just have to plan accordingly.

Everything I tried for was gone.

If anyone is looking for a +1 for Legends, Behind the Scenese w/WaD Studios, Sneak Peak Parks, or The Art of Disney Storytelling, I'd love to join you.

If not, I'll be in the gold line and hope to see you there! :)

Do they ask for paperwork indicating that you have food allergies?
The problem isn't with the D23 people -- they accept their own rules. The problem is with the ACC people who disdain the D23 rules and make up their own. It doesn't matter if you have paperwork -- if the ACC people decide that they don't want you to bring in something, they'll take it from you (sometimes with aggression/hostility) and throw it away. The D23 people will watch and shrug.

I was OK doing all standby in 2017, so I'll be OK this time. I'll just have to plan accordingly.
I keep telling myself this. But after yesterday, today just feels like another round of "D23 Catch and Release" -- like they just pulled the metal hook out of my head and threw me back yesterday so that we could play again today!

In but it is not activating the button to add a selection for talent pass ..,sigh

The same thing happened to me for Talent Passes. I don't know if it was messed up, taken out from under me, or not there to begin with.

So disappointing as many have noted. Can’t find anything open and why do still show options for things no longer available. Those should be removed or a message added saying Full without having open & select # of peeps only to see a grayed out button. No wonder the queue moved so slowly as people had to open and try every single one.

This was way worse than last time. Also did not get anything what a waste. Making me rethink whether I will go to any more Expos.

I am very, very upset at this point.

Basically, a select lucky few got everything they wanted and will have a great experience.

I was refreshing right with everyone else. Barely got scraps.

It's going to be the same 200 people at all the signings. People on Twitter are already selling their second guest marvel signing pass.

I have no idea how many stage passes were even released (they'll never tell us) so now have no idea how incredibly early I'll have to line up for all the big panels.

I'm completely disgusted and am going to step away from the boards and this thread until I calm down.

So disappointing as many have noted. Can’t find anything open and why do still show options for things no longer available. Those should be removed or a message added saying Full without having open & select # of peeps only to see a grayed out button. No wonder the queue moved so slowly as people had to open and try every single one.

This was way worse than last time. Also did not get anything what a waste. Making me rethink whether I will go to any more Expos.
I agree having to open up every tab really slowed me down.

On a positive note, since I couldn't get the Marc Davis book signing, I don't have to lug that 10lb set of books around and try to figure out how to get them home without my luggage going overweight. I will just keep my Amazon pre-order and have them delivered on my front porch.

I somehow ended up with three stage passes for Sunday? Parks didn't show up on the selection screen but it's in the email I got from them. This system has some bugs for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter