• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New AP Verification?

In the time since I got my AP last September the validation has been consistently inconsistent. I've defaulted to putting my AP card with my credit or key card in the folder if the CM doesn't ask. I left my AP card in my room once and the CM took my word for it at dinner, I guess things are changing.

I’ve put my AP card & ID on the table like that as long as we’ve had APs, over 10 years. Almost every time, the server doesn’t even pick them up. Rarely they will take the AP card with them but they’ve never even picked my ID up. We were just there for a week at the end of January. We hadn’t gotten a new card yet. One server actually did ask to see the pass listed in the app because the card was from 2022. I can’t remember which restaurant that was tho. From reading here I knew what she wanted & was quick getting it. I wouldn’t have had a clue if it wasn’t for these boards tho, since Disney hasn’t told us a thing.

Why can't you just pay with Magic Bands at the restaurant?

The magic bands just charge back to the room. Not everyone with an AP is staying on site. And even those that are don’t always want room charges. I usually have gift cards or Disney visa rewards to pay for meals. So charging to magic bands doesn’t work for me.

I always forget to mention discount eligibility when seated and then remember when they place tab on table and then Ask… Which means more work and possible needing a manager to make the change.
I have just about given up asking for discounts at WDW .
Why do they have to see all our memberships across Disney ?
I feel like Disney is constantly trying to train us over and over again
I would not treat a monkey like this unless I wanted animal to display agitation tendencies . I chose a monkey cause I did not want to insult my dog He might not like that!
I am constantly checking for expire dates Why can’t they just print up a plastic card with Expires 2/20/23
Oh we’re not supposed to have anything plastic and I limit carrying phone with me inside most businesses .
I am “Dis”obedient !

Last edited:

We are 10+ year AP holders and enjoy eating on property frequently. The servers always ask if we are AP/DVC, sometimes asking for verification, most times not. Last night our server at Sanaa asked for AP verification, we showed her our AP tickets in MDE and she refused to accept it due to "fraud with expired passes". We questioned why because MDE clearly showed we are AP holders. She said she needed to see our Disney account profile across all Disney platforms(???). After fumbling around a bit in MDE, we found it and she applied the discount. Is this new, or random?
Just a huge lol @ them being worried about Fraud. Oh my goodness, someone might get an undeserved 10 percent discount off of their incredibly marked up high profit-margin merchandise and food. This is a solution in search of a problem.

Just a huge lol @ them being worried about Fraud. Oh my goodness, someone might get an undeserved 10 percent discount off of their incredibly marked up high profit-margin merchandise and food. This is a solution in search of a problem.
I still don't understand how someone's MDE showing their AP could be fraudulent. I mean, you could have someone else's MDE on your phone, but they ask for ID. Wouldn't that solve this?

I'm still quite confused over what the OP meant. It was my impression that all I had to show was either my AP card or my AP on the MDE app, listed under Tickets and Passes. I do not have the Wallet nor do I want or need it.

If they want us show it from MDE - make it easier to access! Last September - only once I got asked in a 2 week trip - and of course MDE would not cooperate, and she would not accept me showing from my Apple Watch. Finally another CM came over and let it go through. I had presented my card & ID as I always do .. but due to card saying 2021-2022 ..that was not acceptable 🤪 I was almost to the point of walking out without purchase.

I still don't understand how someone's MDE showing their AP could be fraudulent. I mean, you could have someone else's MDE on your phone, but they ask for ID. Wouldn't that solve this?

I'm still quite confused over what the OP meant. It was my impression that all I had to show was either my AP card or my AP on the MDE app, listed under Tickets and Passes. I do not have the Wallet nor do I want or need it.
Your impression is correct. I charged with my magic band and showed them my ticket under tickets and passes. The CM would not accept it and asked to see my Disney account under my profile. It didn’t make logical sense which is why I posted. Agree it was likely insufficient CM training

Last edited:
When you”save to wallet” does that apple wallet (or android wallet)?
Or is it a separate “Disney wallet”?

Your impression is correct. I charged with my magic band and showed them my ticket under tickets and passes. The CM would not accept it and asked to see my Disney account under my profile. It didn’t make logical sense which is why I posted. Agree it was likely insufficient CM training
Is there somewhere else on the MDE app that shows one's profile and the AP? I'm not familiar with this.

When you”save to wallet” does that apple wallet (or android wallet)?
Or is it a separate “Disney wallet”?
There is indeed a Disney wallet. If you scroll all the way across to the right-hand side under your tickets (which is under Tickets and Passes), you'll see a thing called Wallet. I feel like they already have enough info on me and I don't want to use my phone to pay for things, so I've never filled out the info for it.

The magic bands just charge back to the room. Not everyone with an AP is staying on site. And even those that are don’t always want room charges. I usually have gift cards or Disney visa rewards to pay for meals. So charging to magic bands doesn’t work for me.
But Disney could configure them to allow any form of payment you have setup. What Disney needs to get rid of is the antiquated credit card processing. Physically turning your card over to the server seems very insecure.

But Disney could configure them to allow any form of payment you have setup. What Disney needs to get rid of is the antiquated credit card processing. Physically turning your card over to the server seems very insecure.
I think this is what you can use the Disney Wallet for--and use your phone to have it charged to whatever cc is on your Disney Wallet. But I could be wrong. I've never used it. I also don't use my MB for payment. I do take out my cc.

There is indeed a Disney wallet. If you scroll all the way across to the right-hand side under your tickets (which is under Tickets and Passes), you'll see a thing called Wallet. I feel like they already have enough info on me and I don't want to use my phone to pay for things, so I've never filled out the info for it.
Or if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page where the Tickets and Passes box is, you will see an option called My Profile. If you access it, it has consolidated info across all the Disney applications you may use. I didn’t know it existed either until the CM required us to access it to confirm we are current AP holders

Or if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page where the Tickets and Passes box is, you will see an option called My Profile. If you access it, it has consolidated info across all the Disney applications you may use. I didn’t know it existed either until the CM required us to access it to confirm we are current AP holders
Thank you so much for this, @MKMK! I'm trying it right now so I can remember how it works.

ETA: This is so interesting. It shows my AP, my Disney Visa (which I hardly ever use), and my D+ subscription. Wow. Now I know where it is.

Again, many many thanks for this!

Yes I updated all my preferences to allow access for all my MDE memberships with hopes I would get the link to AP or DVC Tron preview but no luck.
Now I am going to log back in and limit access .
Altho I am wondering about all those blank dates for previews.

Is this on the MDE section of the website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter