New AP Verification?

It’s on the Tickets and Passes tab of the App? I don’t see it.
It took me a while to find it too. Here's how:

From the opening screen of MDE, tap the hamburger (the 3 horizontal lines) on the bottom-right of the page.
Now you're on the page with the Tip Board and Disney PhotoPass boxes at the top of it.
Scroll down.
Below the box that says Transportation, there's My Profile.
Click on that.
Now click on Memberships & Passes and you'll see your AP and anything else you're subscribed to, like D+.

There is no "Disney Wallet". When you click on "Send to Wallet" with the mickey image, it sends it your Apple or Android wallet. Which is where the QR code page, which is the current OFFICIAL way to prove membership(yes CMs can dig around other places and make exceptions). But the official place is the page with the QR code.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/guide-magicmobile-iphone-apple-watch-disney-world/
Ah. I just saw the Wallet thing and took a pass on it. It made it seem like it was going to create a Disney Wallet for you. Thanks for clarifying!

I was there 2 weeks ago. I just showed my AP ticket in the MDE. I have used the AP card in the past. But occasionally I had to show ticket in MDE. On my recent trip, Le Cellier was only place I also had to show my photo Id .

The website says it will show the expiration date, but it does not show that in the tickets/passes or the wallet for my AP.

The way we showed our AP for the waitress was to open our MDE app and choose Tickets & passes. It brought up everyone's tickets who was in our travel party, including my sister's four-day park hoppers. The tickets included the QR code and expiration date.
It shows a QR but not an expiration date.

Your impression is correct. I charged with my magic band and showed them my ticket under tickets and passes. The CM would not accept it and asked to see my Disney account under my profile. It didn’t make logical sense which is why I posted. Agree it was likely insufficient CM training

This is the only way that I can see the expiration date of my AP in the app. It doesn't show under tickets/passes or in the wallet. However, it seems to be overkill. I am not sure how the wallet or tickets/passes could be fraudulent. We had to show ours in MDE for most of our July trip and I think our May trip. Which is fine by me, because they told us at the DS ticket center when we renewed my husband and son's vouchers that they were no longer giving out actual AP cards :confused3 Next I will need it tattooed to my forehead:rotfl2:

My Profile... it shows your information across Disney platforms including your DCL info, account information, payment methods etc. Typically they ask to see your AP in "Tickets and Passes" ... but she said that information could be fraudulent (??)
Here is the "dumb" part of her reasoning. Yes, someone could screen shot a pass and alter it and save it and attempt to show it for proof ................... but that is why the CMs are supposed to SCAN your hard AP, your MDE ticket etc so that it shows up as Active with YOUR name. They match it to your ID and no fraud. Sounds more like they made up this rule rather than scan.

I still don't understand how someone's MDE showing their AP could be fraudulent. I mean, you could have someone else's MDE on your phone, but they ask for ID. Wouldn't that solve this?

I'm still quite confused over what the OP meant. It was my impression that all I had to show was either my AP card or my AP on the MDE app, listed under Tickets and Passes. I do not have the Wallet nor do I want or need it.
⬆️ Above.

A guest could just show them a photoshopped photo as if it were their ticket page. Seeing someone open up MDE and the My Profile page has last chance of fraud. But again if they just scanned the card, page etc like they are supposed to do, no issues.

I will say my trip last month 80% scanned my card and glanced at ID. No reason to suspect as the date was correct on back but scanning is the only way to make sure it's active and to get the actual name associated with. The rest asked to see my card and ID but did not scan.

The page with the QR code (Wallet --> AP Digital Pass --> "i" button) is the "official" way to prove AP and DVC membership these days. But of course enforcement is all over the place. We usually never have to show it in restaurants but, 100% of the time have to show it(sometimes WITH ID) in the gift shops.

There is no "Disney Wallet". When you click on "Send to Wallet" with the mickey image, it sends it your Apple or Android wallet. Which is where the QR code page, which is the current OFFICIAL way to prove membership(yes CMs can dig around other places and make exceptions). But the official place is the page with the QR code.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/guide-magicmobile-iphone-apple-watch-disney-world/
I have not had an active AP since 2018, yet my MDE profile shows "DVC Y, ANNUAL". I have had multiple servers ask me if I want to use my DVC or my AP discount. If that is the "official" way to verify AP status, then there is definitely a glitch.
Here is the "dumb" part of her reasoning. Yes, someone could screen shot a pass and alter it and save it and attempt to show it for proof ................... but that is why the CMs are supposed to SCAN your hard AP, your MDE ticket etc so that it shows up as Active with YOUR name. They match it to your ID and no fraud. Sounds more like they made up this rule rather than scan.

⬆️ Above.

A guest could just show them a photoshopped photo as if it were their ticket page. Seeing someone open up MDE and the My Profile page has last chance of fraud. But again if they just scanned the card, page etc like they are supposed to do, no issues.

I will say my trip last month 80% scanned my card and glanced at ID. No reason to suspect as the date was correct on back but scanning is the only way to make sure it's active and to get the actual name associated with. The rest asked to see my card and ID but did not scan.
If they were to SCAN my QR code (or ask me for my AP), they would quickly realize that I have no AP (since I can't buy one!) and the designation in my MDE account is an error on their end. I've never tried to get an AP discount since I just use my DVC discount, but I did have a server at Steakhouse 71 apply my DVC discount to my portion of our bill and added "my" AP discount to my friend's portion (we were a party of 6 and the DVC discount didn't cover all of us) when she saw that I had both listed. I told her I didn't have an AP and she said, "Well if it's listed there, you are eligible!"...I didn't argue.

If they were to SCAN my QR code (or ask me for my AP), they would quickly realize that I have no AP (since I can't buy one!) and the designation in my MDE account is an error on their end. I've never tried to get an AP discount since I just use my DVC discount, but I did have a server at Steakhouse 71 apply my DVC discount to my portion of our bill and added "my" AP discount to my friend's portion (we were a party of 6 and the DVC discount didn't cover all of us) when she saw that I had both listed. I told her I didn't have an AP and she said, "Well if it's listed there, you are eligible!"...I didn't argue.
Which is why they are supposed to scan!

Now here is a thought .... I can see my friends and families tickets, with scan codes. What if I tried to use their AP discount ..... and the CM did not scan the code nor ask for ID. There is a problem with fraud - but that goes back on to the CM not doing their part.

Again ~ Disney needs to get control of this and make every CM do the same exact process so guests know what to expect.

When I was there last month, I just asked. I would say “I have an AP. Do you want to see the card or see it in the app?” It was about an even split which way they wanted it. I always show my ID to prove I am the person named on the pass.

One of these days maybe they will figure out a way for us to just swipe our AP card for proof of validity. . . Silly me! This is Disney’s IT we are talking about!

The expiration date shows on mine. In both places actually.

View attachment 741372View attachment 741373

That's just weird. Our APs don't show any dates in the ticket/passes section; however, our other tickets in there, ie DAH, do show a date.

When I was there last month, I just asked. I would say “I have an AP. Do you want to see the card or see it in the app?” It was about an even split which way they wanted it. I always show my ID to prove I am the person named on the pass.

One of these days maybe they will figure out a way for us to just swipe our AP card for proof of validity. . . Silly me! This is Disney’s IT we are talking about!

They just scan your pass at Disneyland. Same for Universal Orlando too.

I have not had an active AP since 2018, yet my MDE profile shows "DVC Y, ANNUAL". I have had multiple servers ask me if I want to use my DVC or my AP discount. If that is the "official" way to verify AP status, then there is definitely a glitch.

Mine shows the same. When we went into any shops back in September I stated I have DVC. I would show my eligibility for it in the APP.
Each CM would give me the AP discount since the App showed Annual as well. Our APs expired in 2019. I stated DVC discount but they gave me the better of the two each time.

When I signed up for regal unlimited, I had to attach a photo that shows up to verify my identity when I scan in for a movie. No reason Disney couldn’t do the same for AP privileges. Except, Disney IT might not be up to the task.

The CM at Ale & Compass asked us the open the MDE app on our cellphone and show us the AP in the ticket section. It had the expiration date in there.
No dates for our APs in the ticket/pass section of the app. I don't know why. It does show up in the profile though.

One of these days maybe they will figure out a way for us to just swipe our AP card for proof of validity.
They already can, they do it for me all the time.

Our APs don't show any dates in the ticket/passes section; however, our other tickets in there, ie DAH, do show a date.
Our expiration dates show on our Ticket/Passes section and the My Profile section. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter