• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New AP Verification?

MKMK

Mouseketeer
We are 10+ year AP holders and enjoy eating on property frequently. The servers always ask if we are AP/DVC, sometimes asking for verification, most times not. Last night our server at Sanaa asked for AP verification, we showed her our AP tickets in MDE and she refused to accept it due to "fraud with expired passes". We questioned why because MDE clearly showed we are AP holders. She said she needed to see our Disney account profile across all Disney platforms(???). After fumbling around a bit in MDE, we found it and she applied the discount. Is this new, or random?

We are 10+ year AP holders and enjoy eating on property frequently. The servers always ask if we are AP/DVC, sometimes asking for verification, most times not. Last night our server at Sanaa asked for AP verification, we showed her our AP tickets in MDE and she refused to accept it due to "fraud with expired passes". We questioned why because MDE clearly showed we are AP holders. She said she needed to see our Disney account profile across all Disney platforms(???). After fumbling around a bit in MDE, we found it and she applied the discount. Is this new, or random?
I'm not clear what is meant by 'profile access across Disney platforms'? What did the server want to see?

I'm not clear what is meant by 'profile access across Disney platforms'? What did the server want to see?
My Profile... it shows your information across Disney platforms including your DCL info, account information, payment methods etc. Typically they ask to see your AP in "Tickets and Passes" ... but she said that information could be fraudulent (??)

Interesting - good information to know. We're fortunate that we have DVC 'Y' and AP, so the DVC card in my digital wallet is all I've really used. Didn't realize they were tightening on AP verifications.

I don’t mind showing whatever Disney decides we have to. But for gosh sake, just TELL us in advance. Send out an email that rules are changing, here’s what you need now, a push notification or something. I like to have my proof pulled up & ready to go, I hate for the server to have to stand there waiting if I can avoid it. Annoying for them & me.

I think this has to be randomly enforced (as in on a CM to CM basis) because I've had my annual pass since 2021 and I've never had to show my MDE account to get an AP discount. I don't mind having to show my account - I just wish it was consistent everywhere.

I think this has to be randomly enforced (as in on a CM to CM basis) because I've had my annual pass since 2021 and I've never had to show my MDE account to get an AP discount. I don't mind having to show my account - I just wish it was consistent everywhere.
In the time since I got my AP last September the validation has been consistently inconsistent. I've defaulted to putting my AP card with my credit or key card in the folder if the CM doesn't ask. I left my AP card in my room once and the CM took my word for it at dinner, I guess things are changing.

Last month, not one single CM asked to see any validation for purchases. I suppose it was because I had minor items. I only bought three waters on separate occasions, one purchase of postcards from the FOTA for $25, and the “exclusive to pass holders” vodka drink from Joffreys-which I would have expected to show verification. The only time I had to show any verification was for the Dumbo magnet.

In the time since I got my AP last September the validation has been consistently inconsistent. I've defaulted to putting my AP card with my credit or key card in the folder if the CM doesn't ask. I left my AP card in my room once and the CM took my word for it at dinner, I guess things are changing.
If you’re charging to your room they can see on their end at TS restaurants if you’re an AP when they scan your mb/room key.

Last month, not one single CM asked to see any validation for purchases. I suppose it was because I had minor items. I only bought three waters on separate occasions, one purchase of postcards from the FOTA for $25, and the “exclusive to pass holders” vodka drink from Joffreys-which I would have expected to show verification. The only time I had to show any verification was for the Dumbo magnet.
Luck of the draw. Last Nov I was AP & ID checked for absolutely everything.

We ate at six restaurants earlier this month that accepted the annual pass discount. The CM at Ale & Compass was the only one who required us to show our AP in the MDE app. Some of the restaurants didn't ask for any proof at all. The restaurants that asked to see the AP card also asked for a driver's license.

Yeah, I do the same. Half of the time at table service restaurants, the CM doesn't ask to see my AP. When they ask me if I have any discounts, I say AP and before I can get my card out, the CM applies the discount to my bill without asking to see it. For merchandise, the CMs ask to see it most of the time but they don't seem to care who buys "AP exclusive" merchandise.

The page with the QR code (Wallet --> AP Digital Pass --> "i" button) is the "official" way to prove AP and DVC membership these days. But of course enforcement is all over the place. We usually never have to show it in restaurants but, 100% of the time have to show it(sometimes WITH ID) in the gift shops.

Could you please explain what you mean? What is the difference between "MDE clearly showed we are AP holders" and "fumbling around a bit in MDE, we found it"?

I'm seriously asking because we're going to be there in 2 weeks, we are AP holders, and I want to know what kind of proof I may have to show.

I know where my tickets are listed on MDE, but I can't figure out what you mean by MDE "clearly showed" that you're AP holders. How else does it show this except by the screen where it shows one's tickets and expirations dates?

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but I'd really appreciate clarification. Thanks!

The way we showed our AP for the waitress was to open our MDE app and choose Tickets & passes. It brought up everyone's tickets who was in our travel party, including my sister's four-day park hoppers. The tickets included the QR code and expiration date.

The page with the QR code (Wallet --> AP Digital Pass --> "i" button) is the "official" way to prove AP and DVC membership these days. But of course enforcement is all over the place. We usually never have to show it in restaurants but, 100% of the time have to show it(sometimes WITH ID) in the gift shops.
One needs to set up the wallet? I've never done this since I wouldn't use it. This is necessary now? I am so confused!

This is the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter