New AP System - I got $85 mod w viewfor Nov.

arminnie

<font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br
I just booked a room at CBR (water view) for early November under the new passholder program and got a rate of $85 a night vs $165 without the passholder program so I'm not complaining.

Okay. How did you get the new system to work for you? I type in all kinds of dates and resorts and everything still comes up as rack rate. How did you get $85 as your price?

Jodi :flower:

I was able to plug my dates in for dec and it was rack rate this am. of course now when I go back in to plug in dates- it keeps stating system error. too bad I cannot call on the phone for the best rate program. I guess disney assumes everyone has internet now. :earboy2:

That is great news. I've have had all weekend to think about this and have changed my mine and will also give it a try too. Afterall, when the discounts come out, the first ones to get them are going to be the people signed up for the passholder program. If there are any discounted rooms leftover, it will go to the folks doing it the other way. I'm not willing to take my chances and miss out on a discounted room. However, I have no problem doing this in May and October, but will not try it in January or September. The weather can be hard from up north to fly out in January, so there is too much of a chance that I would have to cancel or change....Sepember needs no explaining. I think some folks don't like the idea that to get the "best" price you have to sign up for the program. They seem to want it both ways. If you don't want to use the program, that's OK, but you have to expect that you will not get the best discount, and chances are you may not get a discount in the resort you want. This is sort of the AP version of standby vs fastpass.

and I'm really really happy for you.

BUT, this new plan totally punishes those of us who cannot book that far in advance.

PamNC

Soltwisch Family said:
Okay. How did you get the new system to work for you? I type in all kinds of dates and resorts and everything still comes up as rack rate. How did you get $85 as your price?

---------------------------

Yes - how did you do that? Seems that others are not getting the correct info - which isn't really surprising with the program being so new.. :flower:

What dates are you going? I am getting quotes of $121.54 per night for a std view with tax no matter what dates I put in. I don't understand why the difference in pricing. :confused3

Soltwisch Family said:
What dates are you going? I am getting quotes of $121.54 per night for a std view with tax no matter what dates I put in. I don't understand why the difference in pricing. :confused3

That's all I'm getting too. IMO, that rate is not that great! :guilty:

I have a feeling rates will be fine tuned based on availibilty. If Disney is experiencing very high booking for a particular time period or even a particular week, then there is no need to offer a step discount. However if they see that alot of resorts are sitting empty they will offer a steep discount to get them filled.

Must be the luck of the draw. Maybe if you are the first to try it you get a better deal. :rolleyes: :confused3

Sammie said:
I have a feeling rates will be fine tuned based on availibilty. If Disney is experiencing very high booking for a particular time period or even a particular week, then there is no need to offer a step discount. However if they see that alot of resorts are sitting empty they will offer a steep discount to get them filled.

But that is not how its supposed to work right? You should get a match on the lowest passholder rate for that same period of time available. If you make the ressie 120 days out or more, you are going to automatically get the lowest rate applied to AP holders. If the first poster got it for $85 a night, then everyone else should get it at that same rate (for an identical package). Maybe that is the issue, but I am sure most of you trying are putting in all sorts of combinations, so who knows!

I haven't played with it much, but it might simply be that the system isn't fully functioning as of yet (which is not good on Disney's part). Hope they get the bugs worked out soon.

I still can't get a rate on AKL on Oct. 26. Hopefully it's just a bug in the system, otherwise we'll be skipping it. $546+ for concierge is not that important to me.

PamNC said:
and I'm really really happy for you.

BUT, this new plan totally punishes those of us who cannot book that far in advance.

PamNC
or, it rewards those that can. depends on if you're a glass half full/half empty type. it's not for everyone. disney is just asking for commitment..if you want them to commit to low rates you have to compromise on the terms, which i'm sure are still under negotiations based on feedback.

Okay - here's what I did.

I went to the Disney home page. On the right there's a button for Florida residents and one for passholders.
I clicked the passholder button.
That pulls up the passholder signin.
I put in my first name, last name, and the id stuff from the back of my ap

By the way I check the box to save the information so I don't have to put it in each time. But when it pulls it back up I have to change the year to '04' as it fills in '2004' for some reason.

Click submit.

Click special offers on the page that comes up.

Click Introducing our passholder best rate program on the page that comes up.

At the bottom of that page click "book now"

Fill in dates and submit

Pick a resort - you will not see rates until you pick a resort.

It will also give you an alternate and an upgrade option. You can check things like waterview or kingsize bed.
I had to sign in to the site (username and password) before I could checkout and pay the one night deposit.

lllovell said:
But that is not how its supposed to work right? You should get a match on the lowest passholder rate for that same period of time available. If you make the ressie 120 days out or more, you are going to automatically get the lowest rate applied to AP holders. If the first poster got it for $85 a night, then everyone else should get it at that same rate (for an identical package). Maybe that is the issue, but I am sure most of you trying are putting in all sorts of combinations, so who knows!

I haven't played with it much, but it might simply be that the system isn't fully functioning as of yet (which is not good on Disney's part). Hope they get the bugs worked out soon.

Yes for the exact same time period, unless it is based on availability.

arminnie said:
Okay - here's what I did.

I went to the Disney home page. On the right there's a button for Florida residents and one for passholders.
I clicked the passholder button.
That pulls up the passholder signin.
I put in my first name, last name, and the id stuff from the back of my ap

By the way I check the box to save the information so I don't have to put it in each time. But when it pulls it back up I have to change the year to '04' as it fills in '2004' for some reason.

Click submit.

Click special offers on the page that comes up.

Click Introducing our passholder best rate program on the page that comes up.

At the bottom of that page click "book now"

Fill in dates and submit

Pick a resort - you will not see rates until you pick a resort.

It will also give you an alternate and an upgrade option. You can check things like waterview or kingsize bed.
I had to sign in to the site (username and password) before I could checkout and pay the one night deposit.
------------------

Thanks! That will help out the folks who have tried already and gotten different rates.. Maybe this way will do the trick.. But you need to put in 2005 not 2004 - right?

Okay. I did that. Exactly as you said; but I got the $121.54 a night for std view. I have tried all different combination of dates and no matter what I try the rate is the same $121.54.

I checked my dates (10/18-10/23) and the Beach Cub was available for the AP rate: $330 per night - Water View. Looks like a $75 per night discount. This is less expensive that the AAA rate that I had for the Yacht Club for the same time period. I decided to go ahead and gamble and book the room. This rate will save me an additional $200 off the AAA rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter