New AP rate Program is AWFUL!!

srfrgrl07 said:
A FL seasonal pass is less expensive than a 4 day ticket, so if you are visiting the parks more than 4 times a year it is more than worth it.

I'm not trying to flame you, but please keep in mind that EVERYTHING has increased in price compared to what it has been in the past, except for outdated technology. And would FL res and AP holders have been there to "support" Disney if the rates hadn't been so low? Probably not, because due to economic conditions disposable income was low. WDW made lower rates available to fill rooms (the operation costs were still the same so they probably did not post much of a profit) but it was better to have rooms booked at a discount instead of no rooms at all. And to me it seems as though they are still "taking care of those who take care of you" by still offering discounts. Granted they are not as great as they once were, but think about the number of times someone calls for rack rate and the room is not available because that room has been discounted for a FL res or AP. I'm sure there aren't as many discounted rooms available now, though.

I am glad that you enjoy those resorts, there are in my favorite Epcot resort area. But those are not WDW cast members, just friendly hospitality employees!

That's a pretty decent attitude. Find the best solution for yourself as an individual/family. Complaining doesn't really accomplish anything (IMO.) Suggestions are always welcome, though. I am personally more inclined to help someone if they are friendly and calm about it as opposed to irate and angry about it. Do unto others is the motto I live by.

A very logical and reasonable post. :flower:

Sammie said:
This program also addresses some problems Disney has experienced in the past with the Annual Pass program and an easy way to fix it, without having to confront the guest after the fact.

One; now everyone must have an adult pass to book a discount. This is has been a hot topic of discussion on this forum before.

This part could be very easily changed if the AP was actually REQUIRED at check-in....not just said that it is. (I also think it should be an adult's AP.....a child isn't paying for the room.) Isn't this going from one extreme to the other? Wouldn't it be easier to just tell everyone that even though in the past it was "officially" required, it is now going to be enforced and not having an AP for check-in would result in the rate being changed over to whatever the rack rate was at the time. Enabling activation at the resorts would allow the vouchers to be used as well. It could be (iand is now) told to everyone making a ressie & it would be printed on your confirmation. Then those who chose to ignore would learn fast & word would spread and that would be the end of that particular abuse. That's Disney just punishing those who actually have AP's for the actions of those who play games instead of holding their own people accountable for enforcing their own (currently) established rules.

I think 2 rooms is plenty for one AP. If you're one parent with 4 kids you should be allowed 2 rooms because Disney says you need 2 rooms. I don't have a problem with Disney not allowing me to book rooms for people who do not have AP's. you want a discount buy an AP. That's a perk of actually shelling out $400 plus for an AP. With any other discount, you're pretty much just limited to your own immediate family, if even that. Sometimes it's just the holder of the particular discount card or whatever. If my Aunt Sally wants a discount then she has to buy a pass, sorry Sally! :) There's no need for a confrontation. There is plenty of warning. I'm told every time I book that I'll need the AP. I've never actually had to show it. It irritates me because I know there are people who take advantage. It's just like EMH. In all my 14 trips to WDW (all onsite), only once have I been asked for my room key & THAT day I forgot it in the room. And even though MY DH had his & we had 2 toddlers, I was forced to go all the way back from Epcot to ASMu to get it because they would not allow me in. How's that for confrontation? And you know what? I went back & got it because those are the rules and I knew it. If they were enforced, EMH would be a lot less crowded, I'm sure....espeically the new evening ones where not a lot of wristband checking goes on.

This has all gotten too complicated. It seems silly to have to invent some convoluted plan to keep people from abusing the AP system when a simple question at check-in like "May I see your Annual Pass?" could stop all that. If you tried to use a DDE discount w/o your card (or letter), would they give it to you? I doubt it. That wouldn't be a confrontation. Just a simple issue of having what you need to get what it entitles you. PROOF. A simple little thing.

Elise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter