New AP promotion question

MagicKingdom05

<font color=red>Loves to Travel<br><font color=dar
I maybe in the minority here, but I actually like the new AP promotion because this way when a code comes out, it will automatically be applied to my reservation without me calling.

However my question is since the deposit is non-refundable, does that mean if something comes up prior to the 45 day mark that your reservation can't be transfered to other dates like you have been able to in the past. It says that it's a non-refundable deposit, but it doesn't say anything about it not being transferable.

MagicKingdom05 said:
when a code comes out, it will automatically be applied to my reservation without me calling.

IF a general promotional deal comes out you will get the discount. I haven't seen a discount for the general public in a long time. :)

Rumor has it that while it is non-refundable you can change your dates but the same person booking and paying must be included in the travel party. It isn't transferable to another person. And there would be a $50 transfer fee. This is what I have come to understand so far, not sure how entirely accurate though.

Cobbler,

Thanks. I was just thinking that if something comes up and instead of cancelling it and losing your $200-$400 deposit, if you could transfer the deposit to another date range then this will be a useful promotion.

I like it too, Jason. I'm hoping the $50 change fee doesn't materialize but otherwise it seems promising to me for people who actually have APs.

I'm not worried about the "general public" thing as I think APs and the AP discounts are probably defined as general public. Absolutely anyone can buy an AP. It is not like the rates that are exclusive to CMs or the travel industry.

BCV23,

My only issue now is the fact that you put down a $200-$400 non-refundable deposit, then when time comes, no AP discount shows up and all the sudden your pretty much stuck paying rack rate for your room.

I just don't think that is going to happen. Maybe I'm too trusting but I don't think WDW would bait AP holders in that manner.

Notice how the current window ends at 12/19....just in time for holiday rates when AP discounts are usually blocked out anyway.

My biggest worry is actually being able to access the page! :badpc:

BCV23,

I agree that Disney wouldn't put a promotion out like this just to get people to pay rack rates, because if they wanted to do that, they would just get ride of the discounts all together.

I'm not sure that the website really will be that much busier with this new promotion, because from the sounds of it people will probably end up just calling and making there reservations as they normally have. I on the other hand will be using the new promotion once it is released for dates in 2006.

What I don't understand is that it says it's available through 12/19 but when you go on the site it only lets you go through November. We are going 12/09.

BCV23 said:
I just don't think that is going to happen. Maybe I'm too trusting but I don't think WDW would bait AP holders in that manner.

Notice how the current window ends at 12/19....just in time for holiday rates when AP discounts are usually blocked out anyway.

My biggest worry is actually being able to access the page! :badpc:

I agree, in fact I don't think legally they can do that. If they state in writing that users of this program will be offered the best discount, then they have to deliver. Now of course this best discount might only be 15% off rack rate but as long as that is the best they are offering to anyone, then they live up to their contract.

My take on this is: if you were going to stay at POFQ at rack rate, why would you not want to take part in a program that would automatically save you money.

This program however will not be for those that book a room above their budget, dependent on a particular discount and needing to know that in advance and a room they can afford without discount. Then when that discount is not enough to fit their budget the cancel and keep the lower price room.

I definitely see this affecting the number of rooms booked in concierge for the sake of thinking you will save enough money in the lounge eating to make it worth the cost. The guest who always stays concierge, regardless of price, will be given a discount and I am sure they will be glad to get it.

Even though we don't like the stiff cancellation policy, we all know why they did it. If not you would still have people go ahead, book a room they truly can not afford without a certain percentage discount, and cancel it if that percentage is not offered. This program eleminates this practice.

It's a shame those that have never done that have to penalized for those that did, but we know that is the American way these days.

I also think that the rooms available for the basic discount, with regular cancellation will either be very limited in number, or only available closer to arrival, say even 2 weeks. Just like cruise lines offer very good discounts for booking in advance. Then there is a period where few if any discounts are offered, then right before sailing you will see some more discounts released if any rooms are left. I think Disney will do the same thing.

Jason, I wasn't worried about the site being too busy although perhaps that was the problem afterall.....I didn't even think of that.

I'm frustrated because the AP site is often hard to access for me and I know others have posted with the same problem. For instance, I can not get to the specials page on my computer at all. From my husband's computer, I was able to access it with my AP# yesterday am but not in the afternoon. Tried my DS2 AP...no luck. Finally able to get on with my DH AP#. :badpc: :badpc:

I'm technically illiterate :crazy: . Do you think it may have been too busy? :confused3

Sammie, as usual I agree with much of what yoy say. :wave2:

BCV23 said:
Jason, I wasn't worried about the site being too busy although perhaps that was the problem afterall.....I didn't even think of that.

I'm frustrated because the AP site is often hard to access for me and I know others have posted with the same problem. For instance, I can not get to the specials page on my computer at all. From my husband's computer, I was able to access it with my AP# yesterday am but not in the afternoon. Tried my DS2 AP...no luck. Finally able to get on with my DH AP#. :badpc: :badpc:

I'm technically illiterate :crazy: . Do you think it may have been too busy? :confused3

Sammie, as usual I agree with much of what yoy say. :wave2:

On a computer note, do you keep your Internet files dumped. If not this can slow down your access to certain sites. Also what browser do you use and do you know what your security settings are. Sometimes the site can just be busy but most times it is that the computer needs tweaking.

No, I don't even know how to dump my internet files. :confused3

My son recently switched my browser to one that he says is more secure. He probably also set the security settings high but I don't know. He also cleans up the files for me when I'm having trouble with things running slowly.

I'll play around and see what I can do. :rotfl2:

BCV23 said:
No, I don't even know how to dump my internet files. :confused3

My son recently switched my browser to one that he says is more secure. He probably also set the security settings high but I don't know. He also cleans up the files for me when I'm having trouble with things running slowly.

I'll play around and see what I can do. :rotfl2:

The security settings could be the problem then. Commecial sites such as those that allow you to book online, sometimes need a lower setting. They definitely need you to allow cookies.

I will send you a PM about how to dump internet files.

Thanks a million, Sammie! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter