NetFlix series Ozark

Episode 5-6 and I'm in anit-money laundering. There are a metric poop load of holes, mainly around their deposits. Cash businesses are under HUGE scrunity, if there are vast, non seasonal disparities, they will be investigated upon deposit via a SAR - Suspicious Activity Report. Not nearly as easy as it seems, especially given the time line, but I'm still entertained...and I think more will be better explained...Very encouraged.

What if they structure through various bank accounts? I know it's illegal but I'm guessing someone like Marty knows how to do it.

Or couldn't they deposit it in a foreign bank account? All you have to do is report the account to the IRS but that foreign bank doesn't do SARs.

Last edited:
I like the show so far (in it 4 episodes) but I am not buying Marty and Wendy as a couple at all. Needed a different actor to play the wife. Love Jason Bateman!

Good point, I tend to agree. I was trying to think of who could pull the role off besides the top actresses in the biz. For some reason, Ashley Judd came to mind.

What if they structure through various bank accounts? I know it's illegal but I'm guessing someone like Marty knows how to do it.

Or couldn't they deposit it in a foreign bank account? All you have to do is report the account to the IRS but that foreign bank doesn't do SARs.

Hole isn't the exact right word, there's some stuff we don't know yet...they may be filled in for sure. I'm honestly thinking about getting that much cash out that fast in small sums...I've got questions, not holes. I'm not finished yet either:)

Last edited:
I like the show so far (in it 4 episodes) but I am not buying Marty and Wendy as a couple at all. Needed a different actor to play the wife. Love Jason Bateman!

I hear all of that. Even though she just had an affair and things are fubar, they just don't seem like a couple at all.

I agree with you. I like both Jason Bateman and Laura Linney, so I hate to say that she has to be the one to go, but I can't see anyone else in the Jason Bateman role.

DH and I are enjoying the series too, only one episode left to go! I hope they won't make us wait too long for season two. It does remind me a lot of Breaking Bad, which was a very well written and well acted show, but after awhile I couldn't stomach the violence in BB. So far Ozark has had its share of violence too, but maybe not quite as bad, so I hope they can keep that...I don't know...subtle? and continue to keep the majority of focus on the suspense and character development

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter