NetFlix series Ozark

Anyone watching? It stars Jason Bateman and Lauren Linney.
/
We just watching the first episode right now. So far I've not found any of the characters too sympathetic or the plot very compelling. We'll give it another hour and see where it goes, I guess. (And it's Laura Linney ;) .)

We just watching the first episode right now. So far I've not found any of the characters too sympathetic or the plot very compelling. We'll give it another hour and see where it goes, I guess. (And it's Laura Linney ;) .)
I dont care what her name is lol I got pretty close that good enough for me but thanks for pointing it out to me ;)

Idk what to make of this show. Dh and I are on episode 5.

It's compelling enough for me to stay interested, but yet I'm not completely engrossed in the series as I usually like to get.

Although there have been some great one liners that we have chuckled about.

I live in the Ozarks. It will be interesting to see how they portray us. I imagine it won't be pretty.

If you like Ozark, check out Winter's Bone. A much less funny portrayal of the gritty lives of the Ozark Mountains.

Last edited:
I live in the Ozarks. It will be interesting to see how they portray us. I imagine it won't be pretty.

Sorry @rastahomie, from the episodes I've watched it's not pretty. However, keep in mind the show itself is very dark. A glowing portrayal wouldn't fit the storyline.

(I'm only on episode 5 so it could change)

Sorry @rastahomie, from the episodes I've watched it's not pretty. However, keep in mind the show itself is very dark. A glowing portrayal wouldn't fit the storyline.

(I'm only on episode 5 so it could change)

It's pretty gritty in real life down here, too. For some, anyway, not everyone. My friend the high school art teacher estimates that 20% of her kids don't have running water.

If you like Ozark, check out Winter's Bone. A much less funny portrayal of the gritty lives of the Ozark Mountains.

The show is based at Lake Of The Ozarks, as opposed to your area, though most of it was filmed in Georgia LOL.

It's on my list (love Laura Linney). Just started binge watching Arrested Development so when I'm done with that, Ozarks is next.

Wow! That's a high percentage. I had no idea.

To be fair, I don't know if it's true or not. I'm sure there's some government document buried on the web that can answer that question, but I don't care enough to look it up.

I do know that a lot of, shall we say, "off-season hunting" goes on around here. Several families rely on that to literally put food on the table, and the Game Warden generally looks the other way.

To be fair, I don't know if it's true or not. I'm sure there's some government document buried on the web that can answer that question, but I don't care enough to look it up.

I do know that a lot of, shall we say, "off-season hunting" goes on around here. Several families rely on that to literally put food on the table, and the Game Warden generally looks the other way.

I'm very glad they do. Sport is one thing, food and survival is another!

DH and I are on episode 5 and we are loving it. I love Jason Bateman so anything he does, I usually like. I've been finding each episode suspenseful so I'd call it a good binge-worthy show. If you're a fan of Breaking Bad, I think you will like this show. We loved Breaking Bad too.

We still have 5 episodes to go, but so far, they've not really addressed how or why Marty and his partner came to be involved with the cartel. I assume we'll learn that at some point, but it's hard for me to have sympathy for Marty or Bruce at this point not knowing how this all started.

A coworker just recommended this show to me yesterday, so glad to see some positive reviews before I get started.

Episode 5-6 and I'm in anit-money laundering. There are a metric poop load of holes, mainly around their deposits. Cash businesses are under HUGE scrunity, if there are vast, non seasonal disparities, they will be investigated upon deposit via a SAR - Suspicious Activity Report. Not nearly as easy as it seems, especially given the time line, but I'm still entertained...and I think more will be better explained...Very encouraged.

I like the show so far (in it 4 episodes) but I am not buying Marty and Wendy as a couple at all. Needed a different actor to play the wife. Love Jason Bateman!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter