Need help with DDP and Sales Tax.

Amy5000

Mouseketeer
So I know that DDP both this year and next includes sales tax when using it to purchase your meal. So at a CS meal or a TS meal there will be no additional charge for tax. What I can't seem to get a clear answer to (as I've never used the DDP) is whether the DDP $38.99 per day "plus tax".

I called the WDW reservations, but they just do DDP as part of a package so tax is not broken out and they couldn't tell me if there was tax on the $38.99. I called Member Services and asked and they told me "no" tax was included. I clarified three times that I was not asking if tax on the meal was included, but whether tax was included in the price of the plan. So call me anal, but even though I got a definitive answer from MS, I still didn't believe that if I checked-in and went to pay for the DDP, that they wouldn't charge $38.99 plus tax. (I recently bought annual passes and they charged tax on those).

I guess I don't buy it b/c it makes the DDP a better deal. I assume the DDP is subject to tax (as prepared food is subject to a 6.5% tax in most of WDW) so if Disney didn't add tax on they would have to take it out of the $38.99 they are getting, cutting their revenue by 6.5%. (Unless there's some sales tax exemption for meal plans).

Can anyone either confirm the answer from Member Services or tell me that MS has it completely wrong? Where you charged tax on top of the price of the meal plan when you checked in?

TIA. Amy

You pay only $38.99 for the DDP. You pay no additional taxes when you eat CS or TS.

You pay only $38.99 for the DDP. You pay no additional taxes when you eat CS or TS.

Spaddy: I feel like you missed my question. I didn't ask if I pay additional taxes when I eat and CS or TS. I know that it is included on the meal plan. What I am asking is...when I purchase the DDP...do they charge me $38.99 for one night...or $38.99 plus $2.53 tax. (Sales tax at SSR is 6.5%).

When you paid for the DDP was there tax on the bill?

Thanks again. Amy

No the final price is 38.99

Wow. I'm surprised. Not that it changes it by soo much, but it's another small savings I can add to the DDP when doing my comparison. Not sure if I'll do it anyway....but it's interesting.

Don't forget that nothing has been announced for 2008. Rumors abound about it being $37.99, but not including Tip or TS appetizer in 2008.

Don't forget that nothing has been announced for 2008. Rumors abound about it being $37.99, but not including Tip or TS appetizer in 2008.

Right. I've been reading about those threads. The DDP would be a no brainer for me if it stayed the same. I'm doing more number crunching (based solely on the rumors, of course) b/c it's not a clear cut yea or nay. (Of course, the kids DDP is a bargain for us... But for the adults it wouldn't really save us much (if any) money vs. the DDE. Why I'm doing this 8 months in advance? Well, I have some reality that I'm avoiding by hangin' on the DISBoards and overplanning a distant vacation. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter