need help identifying a plant

the100acrewoodcc

Earning My Ears
Okay everyone,

Last year I was driving through a nearby town in the fall time and saw a plant that I have not been able to find since. I live in CT but I have never seen anything like it before. I didnt have a camera to take a picture and I know nothing about plants so description is not the best. All I can say is it looked like two scoops of ice cream. A purple scoop on top of a white scoop. I dont think it was any kind of mum. Any ideas?

Sounds like it might be a hydranga (sp?). As the blooms die off they turn a reddish purple. The blooms are about 5-6" in diameter.

Nope. The whole plant looks like two ice cream scoops (one on top of the other). The whole plant is shaped kind of like a triangle or pyramid from the ground up but the bottom half is one color and the top half is another color and looks like a bowl of 2 different scoops of ice cream (one on top of the other) without the bowl. I know I am probably making no sense.

It sounds more like a topiary or plants grown on a form rather than anything natural.

I agree with Mar. Topiary is my first thought, with just about any sort of plant grown in each part. Either that, or 2 hanging plants, one hung above the other.
planter.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter