My most embarrassing moment at Disney, share yours!!

I was one who learned to consider her clothing before riding the hard way. We were at AK in July 2009 and it was hot! I was wearing white pants and a new light pink GF shirt that I had just bought. DH talked DD, then 4 and just at 38" into riding KRR.

I didn't even think about what I was wearing until I got soaked and as I got of the ride DH and DS, then 18, began laughing so hard DS almost couldn't breathe. I was completely see through!:scared1: I had of course color coordinated and was wearing white undergarments. I was so embarrassed and livid at my family I stomped out of the park. As we walked out on man actually fell over his kids stroller and stumbled down the bridge on your way to the Tree of Life. All DH and DS did was walk behind me howling with laughter.

In hindsight I should have immediately bought new clothes but I was so upset and embarrassed all I could think was to get out of the park.

Even now when we get dressed to go to AK or MK they both ask me if I am going to wear my GF shirt.

:rotfl: the guy that fell over his stroller!:rotfl: Wish someone had a video of that happening.

~guy walking with stroller~ "do do do going to Disney do do do gonna see some Animals do do do"
~girl in wet see-through clothes runs by~
~guy sees girl losing muscle control~ "Whaaaa"
~guy falls over stroller and gets back up~ "do do do going to Disney...."

On our first trip at All Star Movies we came upon an armadillo. Our natural reaction (as anyone's would be) was to run around during the week, randomly chanting 'it's the Holiday Armadillo!' (Friends tv show reference). A few days into the trip we were getting back to the resort. My husband dropped us off and went to go park. As he was coming up to the building he saw the elevator closing and caught a glimpse of us. Being the oh so hilarious chap he is, my husband ran up the stairs and waited in front of the elevator. The moment the doors opened he did his variation of jazz hands and yelled 'IT'S THE HOLIDAY ARMADILLO!!!'

Sadly for him, we were already on our room. The poor father he had just accosted grabbed his young children in a mixture of fear and defense. Mortified, my husband just sprinted back to our room. We never did see that family again...

On our first trip at All Star Movies we came upon an armadillo. Our natural reaction (as anyone's would be) was to run around during the week, randomly chanting 'it's the Holiday Armadillo!' (Friends tv show reference). A few days into the trip we were getting back to the resort. My husband dropped us off and went to go park. As he was coming up to the building he saw the elevator closing and caught a glimpse of us. Being the oh so hilarious chap he is, my husband ran up the stairs and waited in front of the elevator. The moment the doors opened he did his variation of jazz hands and yelled 'IT'S THE HOLIDAY ARMADILLO!!!'

Sadly for him, we were already on our room. The poor father he had just accosted grabbed his young children in a mixture of fear and defense. Mortified, my husband just sprinted back to our room. We never did see that family again...

Hahaha!!! That would be so random and funny! Wouldn't have gotten the reference but would have cracked up.:clown:

Lmao!!!!! I would have loved to see that!!'

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Mine was this past April. At the drink vendor outside of Spaceship Earth, I bought a Coca-Cola in a bottle from a CM that was this little skinny kid that looked about 12. I couldn't open it and I asked him, "Would you please open this Coke bottle for me?" Only I didn't say "Coke"..... I said "C*ck." OMG!!! I am in my late 40's, and open Born Again and I don't even SAY that word in my worst moments!!!

The poor kid looked MORTIFIED!!!

My girlfriend burst out laughing and spouted, "Paging Dr. Freud!"

I'm pretty sure the CM is scarred for life.

BTW, it was at least a month before I could even look at a Coke bottle w/o laughing!

My poor dad got new swimming trunks for our trip and didnt realize he needed underwear!My DD at the time was like 10 yrs old and we all get into a big raft sit down and look over at my dad and his junk was hanging out the side of his trunks lol!My DD and I looked at each other speechless and about the same time my dad realizes and says OH MY Golly and fixes himself!Now everytime we go somewhere he says don't worry I've got my underware on lol!

I have not had time to read every post, yet, but so far this thread is great!!! I would have to say my most embarrassing moment was when I fell UP the stairs in Canada!!!!! Don't ask how I managed to do that, the best part, I had not even been drinking!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Back in the 70's, DH and I visited the World for the first time together and MK was the only theme park at that time.

We were in line to pay for some t-shirts and DH throws them at me and says, "I've got to find a bathroom!" He was having a severe gastrointestinal episode and if you recall, shorts were REALLY short back then. :faint:::yes::

Now we know where everything is but back then, NO IDEA where the restrooms were. DH practically tackled Chip & Dale begging for directions. They can easily see his distress and start to frantically point in the direction of the nearest restroom. Crisis averted(narrowly, whew!). Meanwhile, I'm still in line to pay for the t-shirts and imagining every possible disastrous outcome.

To this day, DH will seek out Chip&Dale and thank them for their help in avoiding what could have been a MESS. They pat him on the back and give him the thumbs up:thumbsup2like they actually remember.

HOW COULD THEY FORGET???? :laughing::surfweb:

My poor dad got new swimming trunks for our trip and didnt realize he needed underwear!My DD at the time was like 10 yrs old and we all get into a big raft sit down and look over at my dad and his junk was hanging out the side of his trunks lol!My DD and I looked at each other speechless and about the same time my dad realizes and says OH MY Golly and fixes himself!Now everytime we go somewhere he says don't worry I've got my underware on lol!

Oh poor granddaughter!!!! Lmao too funny

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

So, did you ask your DH which one you looked the most like ? The man or the young kids ? :rotfl:

LMAO no! I just like to pretend that he mistook the man for my mother (who was with us) and leave it at that!

That poor man had been through enough at that point. Earlier in the trip he put on a white T-shirt he had just purchased... CHILD SIZE!

Back in the 70's, DH and I visited the World for the first time together and MK was the only theme park at that time.

We were in line to pay for some t-shirts and DH throws them at me and says, "I've got to find a bathroom!" He was having a severe gastrointestinal episode and if you recall, shorts were REALLY short back then. :faint:::yes::

Now we know where everything is but back then, NO IDEA where the restrooms were. DH practically tackled Chip & Dale begging for directions. They can easily see his distress and start to frantically point in the direction of the nearest restroom. Crisis averted(narrowly, whew!). Meanwhile, I'm still in line to pay for the t-shirts and imagining every possible disastrous outcome.

To this day, DH will seek out Chip&Dale and thank them for their help in avoiding what could have been a MESS. They pat him on the back and give him the thumbs up:thumbsup2like they actually remember.

LOL that was a magical moment for everyone involved:wizard: Asking a character for directions to the restroom, especially non-face, I imagine would lead to a frantic series of pointing and confusion :bitelip:

These are so funny.:rotfl: I don't have any funny stuff that has happened but am enjoying all the other stories that I am reading. They're are good for a laugh on a quiet day.:goodvibes

Okay here goes. We were standing on the dock for the boat to DTD from OKW. Just standing there enjoying the breeze. I'm holding the stroller and my DH is standing next to dd in the stroller. All of a sudden a grackle (like a crow) lands on my head and starts pecking me! I was so startled I didn't move at first then I shoo'd it away. My DH just stood there at first then he lost it laughing so hard. I was hurt and embarrassed but I don't think anyone saw. That's the second time a bird at Disney has attacked my head! Lol

Okay here goes. We were standing on the dock for the boat to DTD from OKW. Just standing there enjoying the breeze. I'm holding the stroller and my DH is standing next to dd in the stroller. All of a sudden a grackle (like a crow) lands on my head and starts pecking me! I was so startled I didn't move at first then I shoo'd it away. My DH just stood there at first then he lost it laughing so hard. I was hurt and embarrassed but I don't think anyone saw. That's the second time a bird at Disney has attacked my head! Lol

Angry birds! My wife would have lost it.:hippie:

OMGGGG I'm crying laughing so hard at these stories!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I've got one. I've told it on the DIS before so sorry if you've already heard it.

This was 10 years ago I took my friend and my then 8yo DGD. We went to AK and got on Kali and needless to say I got totally soaked. Wasn't wearing white but was wearing some jeans shorts that did not dry fast. I got totally bad bad chaffed on my upper inside thighs from walking and the wet shorts. It was horrible. I could barely walk by the time we left. I was wide stepping ok.

We were going to MK that night to the (heck, can't remember the name. Like EMH but back then you paid extra.) I'd already bought the tickets to go so we were going no matter what. We got back to BWV and I was trying to figure out something to bandage my thighs so I could walk properly. Nothing was big enough. Then I got the idea to put moleskin on it. Not cut or anything the big full sheets on each thigh.lol It felt great and I felt sooooo smart for thinking of it!:rolleyes:

We get to MK before the extra hours started and found a spot near Pecos Bills to sit and watch the parade. We watch the parade and as I was standing up I felt pulling, you know, down there. I'm like what the heck. I tell my DGD and friend I need to go to the restroom. So I duck into the ones by Pecos and get in the stall and pull my shorts down and discover that moleskin had curled up around the edges and kinda scooted up too and my, um hair was all tangled up in it!!! :scared1:

I started trying to pull it out and yes it did hurt! lol Finally I had such a mess going on down there I decide to just pull the moleskin off altogether. OMG the whole top layer of my skin came off with it!!!! :headache:

I had raw meat inside thighs!!!! I couldn't walk. It was horrible!!! I had to go tell my friend and DGD to carry on without me as I walked wide stepping out of the park and back to BWV.

I get back to the villa and found some clean sheets in the closet and placed it between my legs and cried myself to sleep. lmao

The next morning we had EPCOT planned. I didn't know how I was going to do it. My friend said she'd go down to the gift shop and get some bandages. When she came back up she said she told the CM at the shop and they were sending a medical person up. I'm like omg really? You told this? lol

Well, I was back in the bedroom and still had my nightgown on and was sitting the only way I could which was with my legs spread when I hear a knock on our door out in the living room area. Next thing I look up and see this gorgeous LIFEGUARD standing there with a little bandaid in his hand. He took one look at me and said, "Oh, I don't think this will help." and made a very fast exit! omg

I ended up renting a scooter for the rest of the trip as I could not WALK. The nice nurses at EPCOT first aid station gave me a bunch of gauze and these sleeve like things that sorta kept the gauze and everything in place.

And I never ever ever showed my face at the pool for the rest of the trip for fear I'd see the lifeguard.

Moral of the story is do not under any circumstances put moleskin any place other than your feet!:sad2:

This sounds like a scene from Bridesmaids!
I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time , but at least you can laugh about it now, which is true for so many things.

disneynanacat said:
OMGGGG I'm crying laughing so hard at these stories!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I've got one. I've told it on the DIS before so sorry if you've already heard it.

This was 10 years ago I took my friend and my then 8yo DGD. We went to AK and got on Kali and needless to say I got totally soaked. Wasn't wearing white but was wearing some jeans shorts that did not dry fast. I got totally bad bad chaffed on my upper inside thighs from walking and the wet shorts. It was horrible. I could barely walk by the time we left. I was wide stepping ok.

We were going to MK that night to the (heck, can't remember the name. Like EMH but back then you paid extra.) I'd already bought the tickets to go so we were going no matter what. We got back to BWV and I was trying to figure out something to bandage my thighs so I could walk properly. Nothing was big enough. Then I got the idea to put moleskin on it. Not cut or anything the big full sheets on each thigh.lol It felt great and I felt sooooo smart for thinking of it!:rolleyes:

We get to MK before the extra hours started and found a spot near Pecos Bills to sit and watch the parade. We watch the parade and as I was standing up I felt pulling, you know, down there. I'm like what the heck. I tell my DGD and friend I need to go to the restroom. So I duck into the ones by Pecos and get in the stall and pull my shorts down and discover that moleskin had curled up around the edges and kinda scooted up too and my, um hair was all tangled up in it!!! :scared1:

I started trying to pull it out and yes it did hurt! lol Finally I had such a mess going on down there I decide to just pull the moleskin off altogether. OMG the whole top layer of my skin came off with it!!!! :headache:

I had raw meat inside thighs!!!! I couldn't walk. It was horrible!!! I had to go tell my friend and DGD to carry on without me as I walked wide stepping out of the park and back to BWV.

I get back to the villa and found some clean sheets in the closet and placed it between my legs and cried myself to sleep. lmao

The next morning we had EPCOT planned. I didn't know how I was going to do it. My friend said she'd go down to the gift shop and get some bandages. When she came back up she said she told the CM at the shop and they were sending a medical person up. I'm like omg really? You told this? lol

Well, I was back in the bedroom and still had my nightgown on and was sitting the only way I could which was with my legs spread when I hear a knock on our door out in the living room area. Next thing I look up and see this gorgeous LIFEGUARD standing there with a little bandaid in his hand. He took one look at me and said, "Oh, I don't think this will help." and made a very fast exit! omg

I ended up renting a scooter for the rest of the trip as I could not WALK. The nice nurses at EPCOT first aid station gave me a bunch of gauze and these sleeve like things that sorta kept the gauze and everything in place.

And I never ever ever showed my face at the pool for the rest of the trip for fear I'd see the lifeguard.

Moral of the story is do not under any circumstances put moleskin any place other than your feet!:sad2:

I'm crying and snorting!!! LOL!
You poor thing.
How long did it take to heal??

I'm crying and snorting!!! LOL!
You poor thing.
How long did it take to heal??

It took my thighs a few weeks but mentally I'm still trying to heal!! Lol

Of course the mere mention of moleskin in my family brings it all back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter