My husband's journey with brain cancer...update

Lisa, I just found this thread and wanted to send you vibes of strength and peace. If you do choose to look into Hospice, I think you'll be pleasantly suprised at how many of the medical professionals who work in that speciality are so kind and dedicated.

I am very happy for you both that you chose to take a wonderful vacation at WDW and so glad that the staff helped it be that way.

Lisa, You and your family will be in my continued thoughts and prayers. So glad that you were able to get your vacation in Dec though. :hug:

I just cry when i hear your story, It is so hard knowing you are going to lose your Loved ones, and there's not a thing we can do. My Dear Sandi was on the same Meds, plus all of the Herbs, and they just didn't work.
I can remember, while i was driving Sandi to one of her appts in July, and she looked at me and said, Mom, let me go ! I was so stunned, that i didn't know what to say, except you can't give up, me being selfish, and not really realizing the terrible pain she was going through, I, as her Mom just wanted her to live. 3 months later , she passed away.
It is so hard to watch what those awful Brain Tumors do, it is Hell. My Dear Sandi was so full of life up to the end of June, her 3rd surgery, I wish to God now that she hadn't had that 3rd surgery, and it is possible she may have lived a little longer, but then again, i 'm being selfish, not enduring her feelings and pain, just wanting and hoping that a Miracle would happen.
I , have tried to be a Good Christian, but still question God as why he let her get such a terrible thing in the first place, there are so many evil people out there, why not them, why her ? My husband is really have a hard time w/ the God issue, he refuses to go back to church .
I Pray for your Dear Husband, and you, to get through this ordeal, and if you ever need to talk i'm here, even though i'm still having a hard time. I did get up and go to the Sunrise Services at the cementary yesterday, and it was hard.
God Bless you guys !!!1
Nana:grouphug:

Words are so difficult to find for someone who is dealing with a situation where little hope is offered. Please know that I'll be praying for you. :hug:

So sorry to see the update. Our prayers continue to be with you and your family at this difficult time. I am so sorry Lisa.

Lisa - continued prayers for you and Ben. :hug:

May the Lord bless you and send you his peace and comfort during this time.

I had some of the talk too with my dh, he didnt want to hear me but I made him listen. We both didnt stop crying, but I told him it was something that needed to be done, now or later etc.

My heart goes out to the both of you. Cancer is so tough.

I am also so happy you got to enjoy disney in december, we were there then too, the next day we came home I found out I had cancer. So memories are so precious for sure.

Lisa, I just read your update & I'm so very sorry. I'll continue to keep you & Ben in my prayers. I know how devastating it is to watch your DH suffer through cancer. Wishing you both all the best. God bless.:grouphug:

Thinking of you all as you battle this dread disease.. I try never to go into the what if's with my husband, I take his battle, he does too, one day at a time as what choices are there? To Sandi's Mom and Dad, I wish peace and love, I am sorry that all of have to go through this..

I am so sorry that you and your husband have to experience this. I truly wish the best for both of you. I am a hospice nurse so if you have any questions feel free to ask here or send me a PM. My thoughts are with you both.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and continued support. For the first time in my life I am emotionally numb. I have cried so much that my tear ducts are dry, if that's possible.

Since Friday's incident, I have noticed even more changes in my husband, he seems slower cognitive and physically. He told me at dinner tonight that he is so tired after a four day stay at the hospital. My father in law took him to Duke today and they have decided to try another oral form of chemotherapy. Unfortunately, my FIL was not very forthcoming with details, so I put a call into the doctor's office tonight and I hope they can enlighten me as to what the protocol is about. I am trying to remain cautiously optimistic but it's hard.

There was a lady who came into my office today who knows of my husbands condition and talked to me about an herbal drink called Mangosteen. It is supposed to be helpful for many conditions including tumor shrinkage for cancer. Of course many products make this claim, has anyone heard of this product? There are so many on the market and I always worry about side effects and drug interactions. She left me several samples. I am curious but don't know whether to trust it.

Again thank you all so much for listening. This battle is tough but my DH is a fighter and I will honor his wishes until he says otherwise. I will keep you all updated as to his progress.

God Bless You All~ Lisa and Ben:grouphug:

Dear Lisa,

:sad1: I am so sorry and saddened by your story. I pray that the dark places in your life will be filled with God's light, and that He will bring you both peace and strength for the days and challenges ahead. I pray that His will be done in your lives and that He gives you strength to accept it. I pray that all of your needs are met today and always.

Dear Lisa,

Although I read this forum often, I've never posted. I do, however, say a prayer for all.

I just wanted you to know that I'm praying that God give you and your husband the strength you need to get through this difficult time.

I lost my mom to breast cancer three years ago and hospice was wonderful. The support they offer is like no other for all family members. If your husband is open to the idea of hospice, please consider having them come now. It doesn't mean he's giving up, it's just another layer of support and they truly are wonderful.

Hugs and prayers to all of you.
Kathy

We just lost my daughter's friend to Glioblastoma as well a week ago yesterday. She turned 16 april 2nd and that was the day she slipped into a coma , she fought hard for 15 months.
I hate cancer and what it does to people.
My prayers are with you .

My prayers are with you and I am going to walk to church tomorrow and say an extra prayer. Diane.

Good Morning,

I just wanted to say thank you for your prayers and continued support. My DH has started a new chemo regimen; a combination of two drugs-Etoposide and Cytoxan. Thus far he has not had any side effects but I never get to excited as the side effects start appearing after a week. Of course he is tired, but has a positive attitude. He has to see his Oncologist today to get blood work done so I always hold my breath on Thursday's. I keep praying he will continue to sustain.

Mskanga, I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's friend passing away. She was so young and such a tragedy.

Please take care and I will update soon.

Lisa

Continued prayers that this new treatment brings positive results. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter