My first ever pre-trip Report! *UPDATED* Proposal Pics added 09/10/08

Sounds like a fantastic trip. Can't wait to read all about it.

Wow, i'm impressed! Right down to sorting the time off work too :woohoo:
I hope the proposal goes fantastically, I have no suggestions unfortunately but i'm sure however you do it will be 'right' ::yes::
MNSSHP is great fun, we didn't get as much candy as Laur's though (I think I heard they're more generous towards the end of the night ;))

*Update*

The ring has now been ordered :)

I'll be sure to post pics once it arrives :)

I'm so excited reading this. I can't wait to see how you get on. You just have to come back and give us a full trip report.

You are going to have such an amazing time. What a lucky lady. Will you show her this thread once you get back?

Have a great time in France looking forward to your surprise.

Susan

Wow, what a romantic trip, sounds as though you have it covered :thumbsup2 Bet she will say yes :)

Sounds like such a romantic trip im sure she will say yes. Looking forward to seeing the ring and for the trip report. :)

What a fantastic trip you have planned! Looking forward to reading all about it on your return. Personally I would pack what you think she'll need and then Em can always buy anything you've forgotten. If you live together already then it should be easy!

I would keep it a secret until the very last minute if I were you!

Have a lovely holiday!

Plus you can always buy in Florida if anything is forgotten dbf plans to buy most his things there although with me i have brought a whole new wardrobe and don't plan on not shopping there either. I cant wait to see the ring I definatly have to sub this report.:)

WOWWOWWOWWOW

What a fantastic thing to do.. DH is playing footie right now.. but the second he gets back i'm gonna show him this!!
I even had to make sure he had booked my birthday surprise tea at the ritz:rotfl2:

I'm undecided on whether you should wait until the last minute to tell her about the trip.. I agree it would be a fantastic surprise to be told on the way to the airport.. I guess only you will know if she would like that kind of surprise!!
BUT from reading these boards, a lot of people get sooo much fun from the planning/looking forward to going, that it maybe seems a shame that she wil miss out on that?
Maybe you could introduce a few hints in the week leading up to the trip and like someone else suggested I'm sure presenting the tickets.. with a bottle to champers in celebration:cheer2: ... a few days before you go will give her the opportunity to really get into the trip before you go?

Anyway whatever you decide i#m sure you will have just the most fantastic time:cool1:

Sounds like such a romantic trip im sure she will say yes. Looking forward to seeing the ring and for the trip report. :)

Oh don't leave us in suspense.x.

Was thinking the same :rotfl: :rotfl:

What a fantastic trip you have planned! Looking forward to reading all about it on your return. Personally I would pack what you think she'll need and then Em can always buy anything you've forgotten. If you live together already then it should be easy!

I would keep it a secret until the very last minute if I were you!

Have a lovely holiday!

WOWWOWWOWWOW

What a fantastic thing to do.. DH is playing footie right now.. but the second he gets back i'm gonna show him this!!
I even had to make sure he had booked my birthday surprise tea at the ritz:rotfl2:

I'm undecided on whether you should wait until the last minute to tell her about the trip.. I agree it would be a fantastic surprise to be told on the way to the airport.. I guess only you will know if she would like that kind of surprise!!
BUT from reading these boards, a lot of people get sooo much fun from the planning/looking forward to going, that it maybe seems a shame that she wil miss out on that?
Maybe you could introduce a few hints in the week leading up to the trip and like someone else suggested I'm sure presenting the tickets.. with a bottle to champers in celebration:cheer2: ... a few days before you go will give her the opportunity to really get into the trip before you go?

Anyway whatever you decide i#m sure you will have just the most fantastic time:cool1:

Thanks for all the kind comments guys :)

Okay, so I tried to take a pic of the ring last night for you all - and it turns out that our 5 million mega pixel camera can't focus when you zoom in too much!! Gutted.

I'm sorry to say it looks like there won't be any ring pics until I get myself a new phone, which will hopefully be in a month or 2.

In the meantime, here is a pic of a pic of the ring -

RG00001000_PR_100_zoom.jpg

hope this works - i'm not too good at posting pics!!

Its a Tiffany style 4 claw solitaire platinum ring with a Princess Cut diamond.

Hopefully you can get an idea of what it's like from this pic :)

Its beautiful- shes def one lucky lady!! I can wait to hear all about your trip when you get back- i'm sure she'll will love every second and disney will become a very special place for you both!!

OK, slight change of plan, on reflection, I decided I wanted a nicer setting, so the original ring has gone back and I'm now stuck between the following 3 settings:

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

Which do you prefer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter