My 14 yr old daughter has been diagnosed with osteosarcoma and I need help

I just read it is 4 hours a day of chemo.. God Bless her, and you too.. It is not easy sitting in there and watching all the pain and suffering....so keep yourself up as well Kanga....I actually use to knit, and made some incredible scarfs for my kids, mindless stuff to just keep busy. Tom's chemo was approximately 2 hours a week, after he finished the 24 hours a day 5 days a week regime.. Sounds like they are going after her aggressively....good, that is the only way to go after this horrible disease..

More prayers said for all of you.....take care of you too..

Hi,
Just wanted let you know that I am thinking about you and wanted to give you a big:grouphug: I have kept you iin my prayers.
I am a third generation Disboard member along with my daughter( who is a
moose) and my 7th grade grandaughter. It is good to have words of encouragement and friends at times like these. May God give you the
wisdom you need everyday to do what you have to do!

:grouphug: Hi Mom,
Just checking in to say your not forgotten. What four languages can
you speak? Wow! Talk about a major feat! Hope your day is going okay.
Love and Prayers coming your way.

I left Sonia's message on the caringbridge page; but this was the only way
I could see to let you know that your not forgotten. :grouphug:

Thinking about you Kanga and your sweet daughter. Hope treatment is going well and she is tolerating it without too much difficulty. Please know we are here for you when you have a second to update us..

Keep the faith.

:grouphug: and prayers as you travel to Philly today. May God's grace sustain you and strengthen you this day. May He fill you with His perfect peace and all your needs be met.

Actually we did , she felt up to going out and doing things so we did , we went for the haircut , to the mall after that ( but were not there too long as she was getting tired ) and then we went to the movies to see the simpsons movie , all that with her friend and her sister for the movie as well. After that she asked to sleep over her friend's ( four houses away from home ) so that is where she is spending the night , hanging out with her friend. I figured plenty of bad days will come , let her enjoy the good ones.
OOppssss , this is Mskanga , but Sonya was logged in on my laptop.....LOL

I am so happy for you! It is good to be able to spend time with family and friends and to be able to do the things that her friends are. Being able to go to the mall, the movies and do a sleepover are the joys of being a teen. This
should be an encouragement to her that she is overcoming! A big:grouphug: to all of you. Keeping you in my prayers.

Hi,
I would use the social workers on the unit for a starting point. They have resources that you would never think of. A lot of times they can lead you to organizations that will assist you at discounted cost.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Andi

Just letting you know that I have not forgotten you. payers and hugs coming your way. Hope you had a good day!:wizard: :grouphug:

Still around on and off , thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear your hanging in there. This is tough!
Good to see you getting lots of support from friends
and family members. You will make it!:grouphug:

I know one thing , I got one amazing daughter !!!!

I agree that Sonia is amazing! It is that positive
attitude which will bring you ALL through it!
I'm glad she found a cute wig to wear. I' m
glad to see you getting lots of love and support from friends
and family. It will give you the strenght you need to cope,
and knowing someone cares lightens the load. You are also
a remarkable Mom, so let's not forget that either. My office
now resembles a diaster area as I get ready to go back to work.
I teach middle school and were are getting a new science textbook,
so I'm now cleaning out stuff, figuring what can still be used;
and passing on stuff to be used by others. It never ceases to amaze me how
one person can collect so much stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:grouphug: and prayers coming your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter