music at Jellyrolls

olena

<font color=green>Emerald Angel<br><font color=mag
Has anyone gone to Jellyrolls? I read an opinion somewhere that it was a cheesy piano bar. When I first learned of it, I wanted to find out more. I'm especially interested in the kind of music they play. Anyone know? I know some poeple think that anything besides 'hit' music is cheesy or lame. I'm of the mind that if it sounds good, I'll like it. Admittedly, I am a big fan of the music of the Jazz Age and old time blues, especially Gershwin and Arlen. If this is the kind of music they play at Jellyrolls, then I'd be very interested. Any info would be appreciated...:)

Wow, I'm really surprised someone would call Jellyrolls a cheesy piano bar. I absolutely love it there; it's a blast, and those guys are SO talented. The music they play is mostly rock and roll classics, and people sing along. The only complaint I usually hear about the place is the cigarette smoke, which can be pretty bad.

I like a short visit to Jellyrolls, too. It's what makes the Boardwalk one of the great places to visit at night.

Go and enjoy.

The Jazz Club at Pleasure Island has some great guest artists.
:D

Sit up at the front, request your favorite song, and sing along as loud as you can! I LOVE IT (and I don't even drink!)
MickeyJuly4.gif

Oh no. He's more Jazz Age than blues. What I meant is that I like both kinds. Gershwin and Arlen are two of my favorite songwriters. But then there's so much great music from that era that was solely instrumental. That's a whole other list for me. Probably too long to post here....:) I doubt I'd hear those songs at Jellyroll's though. I'm sure it will be a blast though.

We did Jellyrolls for the first time in September of 1999. We LOVED it! What a blast!! I can't wait to go back this September (60 days!!!).... The piano players are so talented and they seemed to play everything! We heard everything from classic rock, to hard rock, to country, to tv themes, to commericals to jazz, to soft rock to rap. Put a request in the glass with a dollar and they will almost always play it. I was very impressed. As I always say... "don't knock it till ya try it!" HAVE FUN!!!

We heard a great variety of music at Jellyrolls. It was alot of fun, request whatever you want. My only complaint is that they need to show the words to the songs on a big screen or something. So many of the oldies, I recognized the tunes but didn't know the words to sing along.

WHERE IS JELLY ROLLS?
WE TRIED TO FIND IT LAST TIME WE WERE THERE, BUT COULDN'T.
WE WILL BE GOING AGAIN IN APRIL...
THANKS!

We visit JellyRolls every trip. Very fun. Great atmosphere.

Anther very cool piano player is at the Dixie Landing (it will always be Dixie Landing to me). I don't know his name but we have seen him on our last 3 trips. Let me warn you, there is a lot of audience participation. Its worth the trip over.

I hope he is still there this Aug.

:)

the atmosphere at jellyrolls seems to be better the more people there are there trying to sing and dance. try a tuesday night (its cm night) its draws in larger crowds looking to have fun. it was kinda a tuesday night ritual :)
mike

Jellyrolls is certainly NOT cheesy!!!!It's a blast!!!They play a wide variety of music, and they're good! if you're interested in jazz, try the jazz club at PI. But don't miss spending some time at Jellyrolls!

How's Jellyrolls for solo travelers? Do they have a bar or counter to sit at or are there just tables?

Yes, there are stools available at the bar, and there is also a railing kind of around the perimeter with stools behind it.

I LOVE Jellyrolls - it's one of my favorite nightspots!! :)

DH and I went there for the first time in June. I loved the music and sang along....DH wasn't thrilled with the whole thing but went because I wanted to go, which I thought was very sweet of him. Well he's not one to jump up and down and sing along, and he smokes a pipe (which drives me nuts, but who am I to judge). The guys at the piano spent more of their time making fun of my husband for just sitting at the table and went on and on about how bad the pipe smoke was than they did playing their pianos. Mind you people all around us were smoking cigarettes, but that didn't seem to bother them. It got so bad that I finally just told my husband we could leave. After all, he was doing this for me and so I thought I should return the favor and get us out of that bad situation. It just really was a disappointing end to a wonderful vacation. After all, we paid the same cover charge that everyone else did and if my husband wanted to enjoy the bar by sitting quietly, listening to the music and smoking he should have been able to.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.
I fear the same thing would happen to my DH. He's quiet...not very animated, etc. He certainly doesn't sing or dance. I'd absolutely hate for him to get picked on. He'd have fun though....just in his introverted way...:)

Does anyone know the cover charge?

When we were there in April we had a group and sat on the stool over to the side and it was far less smoky than other times we had been there. Not sure if it was just cause we got lucky and there were no other smokers in that area or not.

I love the idea of having the words but don't know how they would do that as they take requests. We always enjoy it. My sister, who lives in FL, comes over on a weekend while we are there and we always go to Jellyrolls. They play a lot of Buffet which I enjoy. Salt, salt - - - !! LOL There is quite a bit of audience participation. It seems to be better on nights when there are a lot of noisy interested customers. Well worth the $5 cover.

BTW, if you go over to Dixie to eat it is worth a stop afterward to hear the piano player there. If you do not want to be too 'involved' sit over in the lounge area rather than in the bar. You can hear fine even though you cannot see much but you will not have to do the dorky dance thing if you don't want to. I miss the piano player over at PO. We stay at the AS now as none of the moderates have anything worth spending the extra dollars for IMHO.

Slightly Goofy

If you're worried about getting "picked on" at Jellyrolls I would recommend sitting at a table in the middle or back of the room. If you're up front, or in an elevated position like along the bar or the railing in the back, the performers can see you better.

We got there early one night, before people "got into it," and I was the only person singing. We were at a table towards the back of the room and the guys couldn't even tell I was singing along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter