Mousesavers reporting a huge deal for first half of 2009 coming tomorrow!

We have a trip coming in mid-December and unfortunately the deal was not a good enough deal to convince DH that we needed to go again. I don't even think a free trip would have convinced DH that we needed to go again! :rotfl: Myself on the other hand, doesn't even need a deal to think we need to go again!!!!

OK...you all need to talk me down (or not!).

We're DVC members....and yet, I find myself contemplating a trip this June (or possibly over one of the kids school breaks..though I'd guess availability might be limited) sans DVC, using the deal being offered.

We've got a September trip already booked...and we leave in 26 days for our December trip.

What do you all think??? ONE more??

Question: On the packages, does it have to be room and tickets for the whole stay? Or can it be rooms for 7 days and 1 day tickets for all 4 (youngest is under 3) of us?

ONE more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Pilferk! What Diana said! :rotfl:

This thread is so long, these ?s may have been asked already but here goes--

first of all, it says the weeks before & after easter (4/12) are "blackout dates" but I was able to get the package when I called - 4/9 thru 4/16 @ Poly Garden View 2 adults & 3 kids w/ 8 day base tix for $3900 - does that sound like the package discount?

next question - we are going at the end of this month for Thanksgiving - am I better off upgrading my Nov trip tix to AP then rebook April package w/ I day only tix & using AP

this is all so confusing to try and get the best deal!

Tess-- I wish I could give you an award. You've read through all the pages! That's truly amazing! :)

And thank you so much for the response. That sounds right.

no kidding. I think she deserves a gift card.... :cool1:

An award of a gift card would be great. . .could you put that in written form and send it off to the Mouse? :rotfl2: I really need to back away from the computer for a bit. . .:surfweb:

I was able to add the code to my existing reservation and saved $400+. Add that $200 gift card and it sure seems like we got a great deal this trip!!!

does anyone know if you can buy 1 day passes, and get 3 free, because when I put that inn online, it says nothing about getting 3 free?

DH and I are thinking about using this deal and going in January. We are interested in buying APs. I understand if we buy 4 a 4 day PH, we get a 7 day PH. Disney is really only giving us about $17 here, right? Is there a way I can use this deal to my advantage when I buy the AP?

I asked a CM this morning and she said if I take the 7 day PH pass to guest relations I can upgrade to the AP, but the price will be the standard AP cost minus the cost of a 4 day PH. This makes sense I guess since I only paid for a 4 day pass. Is there a way to get a credit for the full 7 days when I buy the AP? Does anyone have any ideas?

Oh, the CM said I could also apply the $200 gift card to the price of the AP. I wonder if I can apply an old unused single day ticket as well.....

does anyone know if you can buy 1 day passes, and get 3 free, because when I put that inn online, it says nothing about getting 3 free?

This isn't true! If someone is getting that deal, then they were super lucky.

You can buy 1-day passes and still get 3 nights free on your hotel charges, but not 3 days free on the pass. Unless someone made a mistake, but that just doesn't make sense.:confused3

All I have to say is YAHOOO! I am finally booked!! Let the countdown begin! Not to sure what else I will do when not waiting for this code! :lmao:

I haven't tried this as we need the full 8 days, but this does not seem to make sense with the package. The deal is specifically listed as 7 days for the price of four with a package plan (room and tix). I can see them letting you only buy a 1-day ticket (and I know lots of AP holders are doing this), but it seems unlikely that if you do that you get the three free days also. Perhaps they just are giving the extra days to people on the room? Otherwise how can Disney require the purchase of four days to get 7 (3 free), but then let people buy only 1 day and still get three free?

Now again, I am not actually trying this so I have no first-hand knowledge. I am just speculating that there is a difference between buying 1 day tix and still being allowed to get the buy 4/get 7 room deal, versus buying 1 day tix and just being given 3 more ticket days for free.

if you only buy the one day base ticket with the package, you will not get the 3 free days of tickets.

you have to include the 4 day tickets in the deal for the package to get the 3 free day tickets.

DH and I are thinking about using this deal and going in January. We are interested in buying APs. I understand if we buy 4 a 4 day PH, we get a 7 day PH. Disney is really only giving us about $17 here, right? Is there a way I can use this deal to my advantage when I buy the AP?

I asked a CM this morning and she said if I take the 7 day PH pass to guest relations I can upgrade to the AP, but the price will be the standard AP cost minus the cost of a 4 day PH. This makes sense I guess since I only paid for a 4 day pass. Is there a way to get a credit for the full 7 days when I buy the AP? Does anyone have any ideas?

Oh, the CM said I could also apply the $200 gift card to the price of the AP. I wonder if I can apply an old unused single day ticket as well.....

If you use the MYW ticket once, it will become the full gate value of 7 day PH. But you must first use the ticket. Upgrades must be done within 14 days of first use. You may only upgrade one ticket to an AP.

You can buy 1-day passes and still get 3 nights free on your hotel charges, but not 3 days free on the pass. Unless someone made a mistake, but that just doesn't make sense.:confused3

Thats what I thought. It still has to show as a 7 day pass. If it shows as a 1 day pass, that is what you are getting, not 4 days.

This is so exciting! I did save over $600.00, including the $200.00 GC for my trip in Jan. Now DH said we may be able to go back in May! I hope so. I am happy this deal lasts as long as it does!!!

Does anyone know if the $200 gift card can be used to purchase food? The first CM I talked to last night said that it could not be used for food but for souviners, booking a future trip, etc. I called back a little later to make one change on my reservation and that CM said that the gift card could be used to purchase food.

It can be used for food! It just can't be used to pay for your Dining Plan, maybe that is what they thought

We saved $1692. Woo-Hoo!!! We were going to go in Dec 2009, but we decided to go this summer because of the big savings. I'm just excited to see a discount code in June.

"If you cancel 45days + before you leave you get everything back
45-7 days before you leave they keep $100
6-1 days before you leave they keep $200[/QUOTE]"

thanks--- so if a great AP deal comes out-- I could switch over? though I priced it out--- WL in June 7 nights, Woods view, minus the 2 one day passes value ($75 right?) is $1400- about a 40% off discount.
I couldn't go earlier as we are still in school until 17th-18th---
Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter