Mosquito question

traveler_t

Earning My Ears
My 5yo daughter is terrified from Mosquitos. We will be in Aulani at early April, doing activities such as beach+pool (in the resort), Kualoa Ranch, PCC. How bad will Mosquitos be in any of those places? What hours of the day should we avoid being out to minimize the chance to see them? I've seen contradicting info online (some say avoid early am, some say it's better). Thanks!

Mosquitos love my husband and son, yet I cannot think of a time when they were bit at Aulani. Never been to PCC or the Ranch, but definitely been to nearby areas and it has never been an issue.

There are mosquitos, but it's not bad. I never saw one on our trip last month. My wife got bit once on the last trip though. They're there but it's not like Long Island in July (where I've been eaten alive)

We just returned and I consider myself a mosquito magnet. I did not notice any mosquitos the entire trip. Some activities we did where you might think you would encounter mosquitos were Diamond Head (12PM), Golf (9AM), Kualoa Ranch (8AM), Waimea Valley (11AM), Luau(7PM). I was equipped with bug spray/wipes but never needed them.

My son is a mosquito magnet and never had any problems at Aulani/surrounding areas. Kauai was a different story though...

We didn’t get a bite from mosquitos in previous August Oahu trips, but I didn’t go hiking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter