More results of cutbacks at WDW

I get it now!

But I don't know if I'm really car 4. I suppose I'm more car 3.

But then again this whole car system is rather like bi-partisan politics; nobody really fits completely into any of those molds either.

I don't think anybody who reads/posts on these boards are really in car #4.

Why would they waste their time unless they are looking for some ray of hope, some golden nugget to renew their faith in Disney.

When I was reading about the cuts in air-conditioning, I was reminded of a cut I noticed on our trip last November. I am a member of DVC and enjoyed the pool at OKW even swimming at night. We also stayed at the Boardwalk and pool-hopped to the Polyand Beach Club and the water was noticibly colder, to the point where I had to inch my way in. (I hate that!) :(

BTW, IMO some posters take liberties with the definitions of each car. Some who say they are in car #1 and complain about problems sounds like they should really be in car #2 according to "Carpools Defined".
And some that claim the #2 mode of transportation are really riding shotgun with the Baron!!!

MR. MATT!! You listening!! ;)

Originally posted by DVC-Landbaron
And some that claim the #2 mode of transportation are really riding shotgun with the Baron!!!

You seem to have a lot of problems with Michael Eisner (or Ei$ner, as you call him). How can you be within the definition of the first car if you have such problems with him?

I'm not questioning your stance, I'm just seriously trying to understand these cars!!!!! :)

My personal belief is that Disney is still magic. The items they produce have some fragment of the "magic" that they used to have, but it will not be to the level it was once upon a time until Eisner resigns or is ousted. If you'd care to "car" me from that, please feel free to do so! :D

MY FAULT!!! :eek:

You seem to have a lot of problems with Michael Eisner (or Ei$ner, as you call him). How can you be within the definition of the first car if you have such problems with him?
I thought it was pretty common knowledge that I built Car # 3!!! And by the leave of other car three-ers, I am the designated driver!!

And you can join my car anytime!!!! :crazy:

MR. MATT!! You listening!!

Well, before the frozen one clarified the definitions, I claimed 1, and various increments between 1 and 2. That was mainly based on my belief that the Magic at WDW hasn't faded that much, even though it is going in the wrong direction. So I realized that if things stayed on the current course, my trip would be one of increasing car numbers...

However, with the Head's clarified definitions being taken as gospel (they must be, it says "important" in front of them!;) ), I find that I am somewhere between 2 and 3.

If I knew current management wasn't going anywhere within the next, say 2-3 years, I'd be riding along in #3, hanging out the window like a dog on his first car ride...

What makes me more positive about the outlook for the parks is I don't think current management will last that long.

Then again, I am prone to prolonged periods of extreme delusion... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

As I mentioned before. The only way Disney will pay attention to our complaints is not to go there. I used to go every year or two but now I go to Universal. It is not as big but the service and quality is great. The only complaint I have with Universal hotels is that food is very expensive.
Abandon the place for a couple of years and at the same time write to them.

Originally posted by DVC-Landbaron

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that I built Car # 3!!!

I just misread one of your posts. I got it now, and I think I'm in Car 3 also. Consider yourself joined.

Originally posted by nats
As I mentioned before. The only way Disney will pay attention to our complaints is not to go there. I used to go every year or two but now I go to Universal. It is not as big but the service and quality is great. The only complaint I have with Universal hotels is that food is very expensive.
Abandon the place for a couple of years and at the same time write to them.

There are two ways to respond to a downturn in revenue (guests)--try to attract the guests back OR cut expenses by reducing service....there is little evidence from recent management behaviour that any "boycott" or whatever you want to call it will do anything but prompt further cuts in the Magic.

Paul

I just misread one of your posts. I got it now, and I think I'm in Car 3 also. Consider yourself joined.
Why!! Was I falling apart!! :crazy:

But seriously folk!!

WELCOME!!!

Ladies and gentlemen of the Rumors and News Board.

May I introduce you to my new best friend!!!

SnackyStacky

I'm in shock over the butter/cream issue. I guess I better bring my own. I hate that fake stuff.
Is that little butter Mickey Mouse at Cinderella's Royal Table made out of margerine now.???..YUCK!:mad:

We only visit Disney every two or three years so we can do Deluxe. Sure, we could go every year and stay at the value or moderate but we choose not to. If you're going to go to Disney and b**** the whole time, what's the point? For Disney to attract people in the higher income levels they need to have Deluxe Resorts and lots of perks. That's just a fact of life. Face it, you get what you pay for, even at Disney. I have no illusions about that. If I'm at the YC maybe I'm not as pampered as I might be at GF. If I'm at PO I'm not as indulged as I might be at YC.
Good Lord, if the AC isn't high enough, don't go to Disney in July. I never would!
If you don't like the bus service, hire a Town Car...only kidding!!

Good Lord, if the AC isn't high enough, don't go to Disney in July. I never would!
And how would you suugest I do Disney with five kids and three different school schedules?

However, with the Head's clarified definitions being taken as gospel (they must be, it says "important" in front of them! ), I find that I am somewhere between 2 and 3.

That damned popsicle seems to have had an effect on a lot of people, if we are to believe the gospel. However, I find that we might be communicating just a little bit better since he shook things up. So time for me to come out of the garage - and admit that under the chilly definitions I might be more prone to the second vehicle. However, I don't see how anyone with eyes could be unwavering car #1 under the clarified definitions. (Whew, feels good to get that off my chest)

Now for this whole thread. Probably a dozen posts dealing with complaints about AC. Puh-leeeze. Since I have outed the mini me to the Baron I guess I have to now refer to the Baron as 'Dr. Baron von Evil'. And as Dr. Evil should say............

'It's frickin' Florider in the summer Scott, don't bother me now. Shus, shhh, talk to the hand' ;)

'It's frickin' Florider in the summer Scott, don't bother me now.
And if I had never enjoyed the magic Disney could spin with simple A/C in the summer, I might have agreed with you. But even during those crazy Carter years, when the USA was frozen with fear about the energy crisis, Disney still kept pumping out the A/C! It is different now. And that is the truth! How many testimonials will it take to convince you?

Nats, that just might be what is happening right now. Disney attendance is down and Universal is going up. It is tne most logical thing you have said.

It is different now. And that is the truth! How many testimonials will it take to convince you?

What was it some pretty wise dude told a fellow Disneyite making a trip to the mother ship...........?

oh, something about not letting anything little bother him ;).

oh, something about not letting anything little bother him
And what did some equally wise man say in reply? Something about, "Not unitl you get home!!"

And that is exactly what happens. When I am there, I am very happy, very vacation-like and very... well... DISNEY!!!

But when I get home I remember all these little things and ask - Why? And the answers lead me to the philosophy of the company and where current management has taken it.

AND THAT'S WHEN I GET MAD!!! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter