More price increases coming

Every year we see the same thing from Disney Parks repeat repeat and REPEAT many times about more price increases like a record stuck on skip. And to put it simple there really isn't no answer why every year this becomes a habit that Disney Parks in general like to do. Because now that it will be fall and Thanksgiving and Christmas are three months away this time is the time that Disney Parks announce their Holiday deals and the resorts begin debuting their Holiday packages. Because starting with Halloween with the debut of the Oogie Boogie Bash in August to October and the Mickey's Not-So Scary Halloween Party that's when prices really increase the most because families often go to these events the most because most families consider these an annual family tradition for years to come. And it's no wonder why the Oogie Boogie Bash and Mickey's Not-So Scary Halloween Party sell out quickly. And once Halloween's over Disney Parks raise the prices for Thanksgiving and Christmas in November and December because during Thanksgiving and after Thanksgiving that's when the parks get busy and crowded and it's repeated during December till Christmas Eve and once Christmas is over and January begins Disney announces new ticket pricing for it's Parks in the new year until the prices decrease in the springtime because Spring is the less busy time for the parks. But I think what has stopped people from visiting Disney parks even before the pandemic began was actually the cost of the park tickets and resort packages and with the added choices of the Genie+ system and Lightning Lane system doesn't really help. But the Disney park that has always struggled with price increases and developing things that keep people from coming is Disneyland and I think Disneyland has started to lose visitors due to their park reservation system that they should do away with in the first place because people used to be able to walk straight into Disneyland with no reservations only their park tickets but now it seems like you're visiting a wholesale club store like Sam's Club with a membership and when Disneyland started doing this when it reopened after the pandemic people just cancelled their trips to Disneyland because by developing new things such as Magic Keys it made planning a Disneyland trip impossible now these days. And another thing that's happening with Disney Parks that may be responsible for these price increases is in the restaurants department because it always seems that the most expensive restaurants are the ones that offer character breakfasts and I think the reason the restaurants increase their prices is so they can keep bringing in more customers but if I was gonna eat at a character breakfast with a family of my own I would skip it. Because it seems that character dining at Disney Parks is what makes the restaurants more money and they continue to increase the prices to get more people in to dine. Finally what Disney Parks should do to lower their prices is try to improve their rides and get some work done on them because I cannot figure out why Disney Parks increase their prices when a family wants to ride a certain ride only to find it broken and down for refurbishing and for the price people pay they should begin fixing broken rides because there is nothing worse then going to any Disney Park to ride the ride you want only to have it broken and out of service and for the price you pay to visit the parks Disney should do something about it

Alarmist. Yes WDW is expensive. Does that need doom music and almost screaming to report?

More than half the stuff listed is 100% unnecessary to a successful trip. You don’t need $135 fireworks cruise; you can go stand on Poly beach for free. You don’t need a $1500 no blockout pass. And if you’re lucky enough to get $450 Florida Pixie and use it more than 10 days that year? You’ve won this game. $40 CHILDREN’S BREAKFAST?!!! You don’t need that either. It is a character breakfast buffet. While I’d rather buy a bag of spiced pecans over a Mickey pretzel, that pretzel would feed 2 or 3 people cause it’s huge. You are not stopped from bringing your own pretzels.

Price increases happen every year. Offers get released. With the cost of grocery shopping and service employees, is it at all surprising prices are raised before the almost certain return of free dining?

This guy is laughable though. Since when did average families expect to purchase all the upgrades at an expensive tourist destination. Never. But yet he’s listing them all like they are some kind of budget necessity.

Pure clickbait.

Total nonsense to suggest large price hikes are coming at the resorts -- that would be possible only if people were willing to pay more and it's pretty clear at this point that demand is softening. Airfare and hotel prices for fall/ early winter are falling, including around the Holidays. Airlines and hotels are hoping for a spring rebound and are offering more generous cancellation policies in lieu of discounts at this point, but I'd handily bet they'll come.

While Disney's list prices will always increase, I'll bet that discounts will make it cheaper (in general) to visit in 2024 than in 2023. Maybe not much cheaper, but at this point I doubt we'll see major price increases.

Clickbait.

Regardless if this is true or not about the "big increases" at Disney resorts we should remember everything goes up over time.

Social Security is planning their 2024 COLA Adjustment.

Sales managers everywhere are setting rate cards for 2024 and CFOs are budgeting for 2024 factoring in wage and COLA increases.

If WDW were contemplating raising hotel rates that would imply they have excess demand that they need to address.

Prices are how the capitalist world rations goods and services amongst competing purchasers. There are infinitely more people who want to stay at Universal or WDW than can afford to.

If WDW were contemplating raising hotel rates that would imply they have excess demand that they need to address.

Prices are how the capitalist world rations goods and services amongst competing purchasers. There are infinitely more people who want to stay at Universal or WDW than can afford to.
I'm in the WDW is trying to price things for the top 10% incomes so they can pull the same revenue with less staff expense and fewer operating hours conspiracy camp.

Call it the Las Vegas strategy. Cater to the bigger spenders. Lightning lane purchase anyone?

Last edited:
The problem with most of these analysts and reporters is they are not familiar enough with WDW to come to accurate conclusions. Talking about 4th of July attendance and drop from summer ‘22 to summer ‘23 without any real clue means making generic assumptions, no better than you’d get from striking up a conversation with some random guy on a 7-11 checkout line.

Clickbait.

Regardless if this is true or not about the "big increases" at Disney resorts we should remember everything goes up over time.

Social Security is planning their 2024 COLA Adjustment.

Sales managers everywhere are setting rate cards for 2024 and CFOs are budgeting for 2024 factoring in wage and COLA increases.

Disney never makes standard cost of living increases and they almost never exceed demand.

It needs to remain affordable for park and resort guest that come back year after year. These are Disney's best customers.
The company should research all that data they collect to figure out how not to raise prices too much for these guests.

Egads! Clickbait or not. I started to read the OP or should I say tried to read the OP and it was like being in a hurricane. My head started spinning and it wasn't from the Old Fashioned I just consumed.

Yearly price increases is the norm with DL. Vote with your wallet if you so choose

I am in the 5th stage of grief. Acceptance. We will go to DL regardless of the price is we choose to vacation there

Egads! Clickbait or not. I started to read the OP or should I say tried to read the OP and it was like being in a hurricane. My head started spinning and it wasn't from the Old Fashioned I just consumed.

Yearly price increases is the norm with DL. Vote with your wallet if you so choose

I am in the 5th stage of grief. Acceptance. We will go to DL regardless of the price is we choose to vacation there
Believe it or not the video was worse lol

I guess I don't understand why they don't increase prices for the holiday parties if they sell out quickly?

It needs to remain affordable for park and resort guest that come back year after year. These are Disney's best customers.
Yes, take 9 trips and get 10% off the 10th trip. Just joking! I think the bounce back and AP discounts are helpful right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter