For the Garden View attendees, do they allow you to bring some of the desserts/drinks out with you to the Garden View area? Was there a lot left over after the fireworks?

Also, are you able to stick around and watch Once Upon a Time?

It would be a little awkward to carry a plate of desserts to the Plaza Garden viewing area (in my opinion). They might stop you, not sure? I have not seen people doing that in the parties I have done.

Although nothing is stopping you from making a little "stash" of cookies in your purse for later, I suppose. :goodvibes

One time I did start to walk out to the garden with a coffee cup in my hand. A CM (politely) scolded me and offered to get me a to-go cup. :mic:

I can't answer if "there is a lot left over after the fireworks" as I've never walked back over to the dessert area afterwards. I suspect they start packing everything up during HEA and it's pretty much closed at that point, but not sure? :confused3

As for OUAT (assuming OUAT is after HEA on your night), yes, you can stay in the Plaza Garden to watch - although after the fireworks it is no longer a reserved area. Although it's not like people will floor in at that point - most folks are generally trying to leave and/or go ride some rides.

Hope that helps!

So we have the garden view booked for our last night and are looking forward to it.

My question though is for the night we are in MK and aren't doing the party. The impression I have is that the dessert party area which is CM-controlled during the fireworks is not controlled leading up to and during Once Upon a Time but still sort of gives the impression that it might be so is still a little sparse. So, is that true? If it is would it be worth moving from our fireworks spot (we aren't going to really camp out for fireworks spots since we are doing the dessert party later in the trip) to this spot for OUaT? Alternatively, does it thin out enough between HEA and OUaT that it just wouldn't be necessary?

When OUAT is after HEA, my take is that it thins out enough that worrying about a spot for OUAT isn't really necessary. A good chunk of people don't even know what OUAT is, so I have generally found it easy to move around the hub once the HEA crowd clears out.

That being said, either the east or west garden areas would be good spots to pop a squat and wait since you have the fake grass, you can stretch out, etc.

Hope that helps!

For the Garden View attendees, do they allow you to bring some of the desserts/drinks out with you to the Garden View area? Was there a lot left over after the fireworks?

I haven't done this myself, but I believe others have said that they asked about this and were given a container to take some treats with them to the viewing area.

Thanks for the pics and review. We've visited WDW many times but our next trip will be our first dessert party. I didn't realize MK had 2 different options until I started digging. My kids are 7 & 10. I'm only 5' 1" and I've never particularly enjoyed the nighttime shows, partly because I end up behind tall people.

My question is: What's the best way for us shorties to have an unobstructed view of MK's nighttime show? It seems like Plaza Garden viewing might be better than Tomorrowland Terrace, as it's closer to the action. I'd love to hear the opinions of others who have done either or both. Thanks!

For desserts, the CMs working don't really care if you bring out some. You can't do a plate or cup, but anything disposable would be fine (maybe a plastic cup if you have one). And don't make it too obvious!
You can stay for Once Upon A Time and many do; I saw lots of families hanging out with kids running around the grassy area (not getting in the way, just burning off sugar)

So we have the garden view booked for our last night and are looking forward to it.

My question though is for the night we are in MK and aren't doing the party. The impression I have is that the dessert party area which is CM-controlled during the fireworks is not controlled leading up to and during Once Upon a Time but still sort of gives the impression that it might be so is still a little sparse. So, is that true? If it is would it be worth moving from our fireworks spot (we aren't going to really camp out for fireworks spots since we are doing the dessert party later in the trip) to this spot for OUaT? Alternatively, does it thin out enough between HEA and OUaT that it just wouldn't be necessary?
You are correct that the dessert area is no longer reserved once fireworks are over. They open up the gates/remove ropes and anyone can come in/out. It is definitely still sparse, so you can go in if you want (I did and found a back railing spot to lean against). Though the whole Hub does clear out after fireworks, as not everyone knows about OUAT, and some that do, don't care to wait around for it. So it's not necessary, but is available if you want more of a "sheltered" area as opposed to in the street/walkways.

Thanks for the pics and review. We've visited WDW many times but our next trip will be our first dessert party. I didn't realize MK had 2 different options until I started digging. My kids are 7 & 10. I'm only 5' 1" and I've never particularly enjoyed the nighttime shows, partly because I end up behind tall people.

My question is: What's the best way for us shorties to have an unobstructed view of MK's nighttime show? It seems like Plaza Garden viewing might be better than Tomorrowland Terrace, as it's closer to the action. I'd love to hear the opinions of others who have done either or both. Thanks!

I would vote the Plaza Garden version and either go to the very front or very back of the garden area. At 5’ 1” there’s no guaranty someone might not get in your direct line of sight, but it is generally easy to move around/shift a bit if needed to get a better view.

I would vote the Plaza Garden version and either go to the very front or very back of the garden area. At 5’ 1” there’s no guaranty someone might not get in your direct line of sight, but it is generally easy to move around/shift a bit if needed to get a better view.
I agree, but would opt for the back against the railing. You should have lots of space in front of you. If you are at the front railing, a taller person may come up on the other side of the railing and block your view.

Just wanted to offer a brief report from party season.

My mom and I did the plaza view last Wednesday where the MK was open until 11:00 and then 1:00 am for the EMH. The MK was packed that night, so much so that there was even a line for the People Mover at 7:00 that extended out of the queue and around the lunching pad. They opened the Terrace around 7:15, and we went in early and got a nice table for two near the desserts. We actually liked the spread very much. They're not the best desserts the World has to offer but everything was very good and fresh. My favorites were the macarons and the strawberry tarts, and mom really liked the s'mores too.

The party was sold out that night, but it didn't feel crowded on the Terrace at all and there were even empty tables. Lots of room to walk around and get to the desserts. We were done eating early and went out the plaza garden before 8:00. There were maybe ten groups already out there. I did see a few people carrying some desserts out with them - no plates but some napkins and singular items. I don't know if they'd asked about taking them out or just snuck them out.

We snagged a spot in the back so we could lean against the fence as we waited. We're big on back support. Even with a sold out party, the area never felt like it really filled up. There was plenty of space even when everyone was sitting, and there was probably about ten to fifteen feet between us at the fence and the group in front of us all the way around the garden. When the fireworks started, everyone stood up and stepped forward, so we ended up with an even better view. But there was plenty of room to move around if we'd needed to.

We stuck around after the fireworks to watch Once Upon A Time. Most dessert party goers left but some stayed. Some more guests came in, but it was even less crowded than the fireworks, and we had a perfect view for that as well.

I'm very happy I spent the money on this for the party season. It was worth it for us to have a place to sit down and relax with some drinks and desserts before the show and to not have to fight that crowd for a viewing spot.

Well to report back, we are thrilled we purchased the terrace party! I realize we are in the minority on this thread but the fact we had a great seat for the fireworks was wonderful. I will say we couldn't see a lot of the castle projection but that didn't stop the enjoyment. As for the desserts, we loved them as well. It was a great time to sit, relax and enjoy the dessert options. My husband commented he would do this again and not do a MVMCP. Now we are two middle aged Disney lovers so that may make a difference to some. We've enjoyed MVMCP multiple times in the past but for the cost, we'd choose the terrace party again!

Thanks for your thoughts on this because that's the version of the dessert party that I've reserved for our trip (the seated version at my husband's request)!

Just wanted to offer a brief report from party season.

My mom and I did the plaza view last Wednesday where the MK was open until 11:00 and then 1:00 am for the EMH. The MK was packed that night, so much so that there was even a line for the People Mover at 7:00 that extended out of the queue and around the lunching pad. They opened the Terrace around 7:15, and we went in early and got a nice table for two near the desserts. We actually liked the spread very much. They're not the best desserts the World has to offer but everything was very good and fresh. My favorites were the macarons and the strawberry tarts, and mom really liked the s'mores too.

The party was sold out that night, but it didn't feel crowded on the Terrace at all and there were even empty tables. Lots of room to walk around and get to the desserts. We were done eating early and went out the plaza garden before 8:00. There were maybe ten groups already out there. I did see a few people carrying some desserts out with them - no plates but some napkins and singular items. I don't know if they'd asked about taking them out or just snuck them out.

We snagged a spot in the back so we could lean against the fence as we waited. We're big on back support. Even with a sold out party, the area never felt like it really filled up. There was plenty of space even when everyone was sitting, and there was probably about ten to fifteen feet between us at the fence and the group in front of us all the way around the garden. When the fireworks started, everyone stood up and stepped forward, so we ended up with an even better view. But there was plenty of room to move around if we'd needed to.

We stuck around after the fireworks to watch Once Upon A Time. Most dessert party goers left but some stayed. Some more guests came in, but it was even less crowded than the fireworks, and we had a perfect view for that as well.

I'm very happy I spent the money on this for the party season. It was worth it for us to have a place to sit down and relax with some drinks and desserts before the show and to not have to fight that crowd for a viewing spot.

Thanks for sharing, really appreciate the detailed report! Sounds like a great night!

Quick dumb question just for clarity, was HEA at 9PM your night?

I'm 5'1 and was fine in the garden viewing. This was my wishes view. That's my 5 year old laying down. I'll have a HEA report after our dessert party on Saturday night.

Attachments

• IMG_2698.JPG
    IMG_2698.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for sharing, really appreciate the detailed report! Sounds like a great night!

Quick dumb question just for clarity, was HEA at 9PM your night?

Yep. HEA was at 9:00 and OUaT was 9:45. The official listed start time for the plaza dessert party was 7:45.

We'd already done MK briefly on Monday (with a far more crowded HEA viewing in the garden in front of Casey's) and hit MNSSHP on Tuesday, so we left after OUaT.

Yep. HEA was at 9:00 and OUaT was 9:45. The official listed start time for the plaza dessert party was 7:45.

We'd already done MK briefly on Monday (with a far more crowded HEA viewing in the garden in front of Casey's) and hit MNSSHP on Tuesday, so we left after OUaT.

Cool, thanks. So they opened the party 30 minutes early on your night?

So they opened the party 30 minutes early on your night?

Give or take. We'd arrived at MK around 6 and rode a very crowded train the full circuit, then walked down Main Street and into TL to see if we could maybe jump on the PM, but after seeing the line, we decided to head back to the terrace to wait for check in. Walking over, we saw people already at the dessert tables, so we checked in and got seated.

It was a very crowded night. And one of the castmembers did say they liked to get everyone out to the garden by 8:30 because it gets increasingly difficult to maneuver people through the crowd.

Give or take. We'd arrived at MK around 6 and rode a very crowded train the full circuit, then walked down Main Street and into TL to see if we could maybe jump on the PM, but after seeing the line, we decided to head back to the terrace to wait for check in. Walking over, we saw people already at the dessert tables, so we checked in and got seated.

It was a very crowded night. And one of the castmembers did say they liked to get everyone out to the garden by 8:30 because it gets increasingly difficult to maneuver people through the crowd.

Cool, thanks! That was definitely early. But yeah, when PM has a long line, I’m sure it was not a pretty night! :goodvibes

So is OUaT typically after HEA? If it is before what time would it be? Does this impact the party start time?

Thank you for the review. Sorry if this was answered already, but are strollers allowed into the garden? Or do we park outside the restaurant and retrieve later?

So is OUaT typically after HEA? If it is before what time would it be? Does this impact the party start time?

I think it depends on the park hours. When MK is open later than 9:00, HEA has been happening at 9:00 and OUaT happens after.

Thank you for the review. Sorry if this was answered already, but are strollers allowed into the garden? Or do we park outside the restaurant and retrieve later?

I can't give a definitive answer since I don't have any kids to worry about, and I really didn't notice that many stroller-aged kids at my party. But I'm fairly sure I saw one or two parked in the front of the garden for the fireworks viewing.

Has anyone had any success getting a reservation for this dessert party the day of or the day before due to people cancelling? My wife and I would really love to go to the dessert party but it's currently sold out for every night of our trip. Is it worth it to keep checking? Is it worth it to check the day before to see if anyone has cancelled? Is there a place we can walk up to in MK on the day of and ask if there have been any cancellations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter