I understand we won’t know more until more “after” parties occur, but here are my questions/speculations:
- in the fall, HEA often occurs very close to(or at) park closing time. For example, end of August is 8:55 for 9pm closing, end of September is 8pm for 8pm closing, end of October is 9pm HEA for 9pm closing. Disney could always extend closing times, but if not then the after fireworks dessert party would effectively happen after closing time?? I know Main Street stays open at least an hour after closing, but still I think I’d feel rushed to eat my dessert and move out so I’m not overstaying my welcome with the CMs who want to clean up and go home. I see this as a negative, BUT I guess it could be a special after hours feel (for those less anxious) while you await the park to clear out.
- why is the checkin time SOO early for the after party? If the goal is to save time and not have to camp out early in the hub, then why is check in ONE HOUR before HEA?

I'd be interested to see what check-in times means. My experience with the parties is that you can START checking in at that time, but you're not required to. So you could wait until 5 mins before the show starts and check in then. I've gotten to the pre show party as late as 8:30 and was still allowed in. So for the people doing the after show, they'd have to make a choice between the bestest possible seats, or spending more time not waiting.

But if you're waiting, take warning. Since they've moved the check-in to the front of the Terrace, I've had a devil of a time getting to it once any of the shows start.

I'm also eagerly awaiting input from those with garden viewing as to how crowded the viewing area feels. Pictures please!

My experience with "standing room" has only been at Disneyland for viewing F! and we've never had to actually stand so I'm hoping it will be the same when we see HEA in November.

This is a long thread, but has it been confirmed that the before and after dessert party people will be in the same garden area? Or is that what we’re waiting to hear?

Oh the first night is tonight? I don't expect it to be much different because I am sure a majority of people have not even realized you can do the after party.

Not everyone comes to boards like this and discusses

I am curious though how it will be

Potentially stupid question but here goes...

What is the cancellation policy for the dessert parties?

TIA!

Well, today's the day or tonight's the night.

Excited to hear back from folks.

If the menus are not the same, though, I'll be canceling ours in June. I'm not interested in the After Party and I prefer the new menu.
::yes::

Those of you attending, have fun, and please let us know how it goes!

So, without even waiting for tonight's feedback, I decided to bail. I've cancelled the dessert party and will instead leave the park for ...

... a late dinner reservation at California Grill. I've never been there either, and can take advantage of just having to go down in the elevator to be in for the night. I'll avoid the crowds and stress, and save the dessert party for another time, maybe with DD.

So I’m here at the after party tonight. Booked it last minute today. Both parties sharing the same Garden. Check in time is 8:15 for after party and people headed right into the Garden. Same menu for both parties. It’s 8:45 now and the garden is starting to fill up. Not mobbed but the front half is full. Neither party was sold out when I booked this afternoon.

So I’m here at the after party tonight. Booked it last minute today. Both parties sharing the same Garden. Check in time is 8:15 for after party and people headed right into the Garden. Same menu for both parties. It’s 8:45 now and the garden is starting to fill up. Not mobbed but the front half is full. Neither party was sold out when I booked this afternoon.

So you were let in before the people from the first party? Or were you held back by the restaurant and able to go over at the same time they could have started going over?

Can you tell us about the new menu items?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter