MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Push comes to shove, what about valet parking at the Contemporary and walking over??? Is that allowed without and ADR?

That's actually a great idea, and not a whole lot more than a minnie van but no timing issues other than us not running late! I thought you could valet without an ADR, but I'm interested in if anyone knows for sure?

It’s allowed, but it’s expensive (33 plus tip I believe).

Thanks! Sure, that's expensive but a Minnie Van is $25 plus tip and if there aren't any available an additional $8 to avoid the TTC and/or the stress of busses not coming, etc could be worth it. I'm just glad I asked, I hadn't thought of that. I was just thinking Uber or Taxi to CR, bus, or drive to TTC if no Minnie Van. This gives a fourth option.

Now that I successfully (for the most part) secured all of our FastPasses this morning, my next thing to panic about is transportation for EMM, especially since reading the last few posts.

We're staying at Pop Century. We have EMM on my daughter's last day and are planning to head to AK for a while after EMM. She is due on Magical Express at 6:05pm. Do you think driving (and hoping for no issues at TTC) is the best in our case? I figured with the park hop and then not having to worry about timing on the bus back to Pop in time for her to get Magical Express, driving would be the best.

Honestly...I think the worry about transportation is (usually) unnecessary. Yes, there are anomalies with the tranportation, but most of the time, taking a bus is not going to be an issue. People do it to get to PPO ADRs all the time. We took the bus to get to EMM with zero issues when we went last year.

It’s never a bad idea to have a plan B, but most of the time, you’ll be just fine taking Disney transport.

It’s allowed, but it’s expensive (33 plus tip I believe).

I thought you could only Valet if you had a breakfast reservation? Are you saying you can Valet anytime you want as long as you pay, no ressie needed? If so that would be awesome! We stay on site, but drive and hate the parking lot/ferry step.

I thought you could only Valet if you had a breakfast reservation? Are you saying you can Valet anytime you want as long as you pay, no ressie needed? If so that would be awesome! We stay on site, but drive and hate the parking lot/ferry step.

Generally, yes, anyone can pay to valet.

we're going on June 17th from the BC, and I had been thinking of using a Minnie Van but after reading that we might have trouble with availability I am wondering if we would be better off driving to the TTC or taking a bus? I'm leaning toward driving, since if we just miss a bus there will probably be a long wait for the second bus and it is going to be a hard morning getting two 15 month olds ready and situated with a sitter and getting 2 older kids, my DH and myself ready and to the bus stop on time. Plus I'm definitely not a morning person (except at Disney :P)! Being at the bus stop by 6:45 is probably impossible with the sitter coming at 6:30, it would be more like 6:55. Ugg, why is this so difficult? What's annoying is that we'll be at the perfect resort for this event, the CR, June 18-22, but there was no EMM those days! So close!
Resort bus will usually be faster than driving to MK.

Now that I successfully (for the most part) secured all of our FastPasses this morning, my next thing to panic about is transportation for EMM, especially since reading the last few posts.

We're staying at Pop Century. We have EMM on my daughter's last day and are planning to head to AK for a while after EMM. She is due on Magical Express at 6:05pm. Do you think driving (and hoping for no issues at TTC) is the best in our case? I figured with the park hop and then not having to worry about timing on the bus back to Pop in time for her to get Magical Express, driving would be the best.
Honestly, I find the bus transportation to be so much better at the Values than at the Deluxes. I've never had a problem at a value.

I'm curious about all those wanting EMM on Tuesday 12/11. Disney has already scheduled MVMCP for that evening. Has Disney ever scheduled EMM *and* a nighttime special ticket event on the same day?

I'm curious about all those wanting EMM on Tuesday 12/11. Disney has already scheduled MVMCP for that evening. Has Disney ever scheduled EMM *and* a nighttime special ticket event on the same day?

Yeah, as the PP’s have noted, it’s not all that uncommon. If Disney doesn’t have plans to make it an 8am opening, it pretty much seems like EMM is fair game.

I did both EMM and MVMCP the Sunday after Thanksgiving in 2016. Talk about a LONG day! :-)

Not complaining though, it was great!

They did all of October and November. There’s an EMM practically on every MNSSHP and MVMCP day in those months. They also did it in 2016 in the month of December.

Well, no, that’s not exactly true. EMM is offered, at most, 2x per week. There are a lot more Halloween parties than that. In October, there are 18 party dates and 9 EMM dates.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, I admittedly didn't read all 51 pages, haha. But is tipping expected at the breakfast? Do you have an actual server? Just trying to figure out the total cost. We are looking at doing CP breakfast, and after factoring in a 20% tip, the price difference to do EMM wouldn't really be THAT much more. Trying to justify it to DH here.... :rolleyes1

I apologize if this has already been discussed, I admittedly didn't read all 51 pages, haha. But is tipping expected at the breakfast? Do you have an actual server? Just trying to figure out the total cost. We are looking at doing CP breakfast, and after factoring in a 20% tip, the price difference to do EMM wouldn't really be THAT much more. Trying to justify it to DH here.... :rolleyes1

No, there's no server.

It’s a buffet. There’s no server.

For folks following along for December dates, those in a +10 window can see through Sunday 12/16 and there are still no EMMs showing up for December so far.

We'll have to wait to see if this in fact means no December EMMs (like last year) or if they add dates later on.

Thanks for posting this. I was hoping for the 11th dec so appreciate the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter