MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to EMM on 6/24 thinking about trying to share a Minnie Van if I find anyone around who would be interested. That way could be dropped right at MK entrance.

We went last June 16th (I believe) and are going June 17th this year. We stayed at Pop and drove to TTC last year. We are staying at Pop again and considering bus or Minnie Van this time. Would love to know about buses leaving that early from Pop for EMM or if you've used Minnie Vans. Thanks!
We are going to use a Minnie Van in August. They drop you off close to the entrance at Magic Kingdom so it’s much better than Uber or worrying about the buses that time in the morning

We are going to use a Minnie Van in August. They drop you off close to the entrance at Magic Kingdom so it’s much better than Uber or worrying about the buses that time in the morning

Thanks for the reply. I've not used the Minnie Vans before - is there an app or do I ask concierge to reserve one? Night before or morning of? Thanks again.

I think Minnie Van is a good choice for some folks who are so inclined as it gets you right to the MK bus stop and is usually stress-free.

BUT - the service is growing more and more popular and there are times when supply can't keep up with demand. A lot of other people with PPO ADRs, EMM, or other special early morning events all have the same idea as you do - "use a Minnie Van and avoid worrying about the bus."

I'm a Minnie Van fan.. but ALWAYS have a backup plan and leave yourself extra time in case Minnie Van availability at that particular moment you are trying to get one doesn't cooperate with you. We ran into more Minnie Van availability problems this past April than we had on any previous trips combined.

We are booked for EMM in Nov. It wasn’t planned since I didn’t think it would be offered in November.
We are scheduled to switch resorts that morning. We will be moving from Pop to Poly.
What time do we need leave Pop? My plan is to dump are bags at Poly after driving our car there (online check in) and use whatever transport is open at Poly to get to MK.
Does 630 sound ok to leave Pop?

Sadly, doesn't seem like that's the case since they didn't open it for 12/9 either. So bummed! Pirates & Pals, etc. is open in December.

So, I have another theory, and maybe someone can test. I've been checking other events for December. When I look up the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party (I know nothing past August is scheduled right now) and Happily Ever After Dessert Party, the calendar doesn't even load for me past November. So, I can't even scroll to December. I'm just wondering if this is an issue with my browser (I use Chrome), or that I'm just not in a 180+10 window that includes December, or maybe hope that Disney just hasn't loaded December into their calendar for these types of events??? i know I might be grasping at straws, but still hoping for some December EMMs![/QUOTE

Can anyone tell me about check in for the event? is it just the reservation holder name that’s checked or all names? I’m planning to switch people I take with me and wonder if I need to officially change my reservation to swap out the names? It made me select names for each reservation in MDE when I first booked. It appears as a dining reservation so I’m thinking it’s just the reservation holder that matters...

For those considering Minnie Van...this is probably going to come off blunt, but I’d save your money. We did this event last year...hopped on a bus shortly after 7 and ended up standing around at MK for awhile, waiting for the gate to open. I’d seriously just take the bus.

Can anyone tell me about check in for the event? is it just the reservation holder name that’s checked or all names? I’m planning to switch people I take with me and wonder if I need to officially change my reservation to swap out the names? It made me select names for each reservation in MDE when I first booked. It appears as a dining reservation so I’m thinking it’s just the reservation holder that matters...

I’ve done it enough that I should know this, but I’m not really sure? I want to say they check off all of our names on their clipboard list, but I’m not sure I have ever paid close enough attention to know for sure. Morning adrenaline/excitement is ususally taking over at that point I guess. :-)

Other than when you have scan your park admission at the tapstyles, they otherwise don’t scan you in or anything - it’s only that “clipboard list” of names.

Maybe someone knows for sure.

I know we already expected this to be the case, but no EMM on Tuesday 12/11 either (at least at the 180+10 mark). Major bummer-- 2nd trip in a row my EMM plans appear to have been thwarted!

I know we already expected this to be the case, but no EMM on Tuesday 12/11 either (at least at the 180+10 mark). Major bummer-- 2nd trip in a row my EMM plans appear to have been thwarted!

I liked your post. But of course I don’t “like” it for you. :-)

Appreciate you reporting in. It’s looking more and more like no EMM at all in December. (Unless they add dates later)

Just be warned, trying to find a Minnie Van in the morning is difficult. We've done EMM twice and both times were unsuccessful in getting a Minnie Van. The second time, it took 40 minutes for a bus to come to our resort (tried to get a MV the entire time) and we got to the park at 7:55am.

Yep! Sadly I think this will be the case. I'm going to email Disney just so they know people do want it, though not expecting it to make a difference.

I did make a PPO reservation at Be Our Guest, though I do expect the hours to change to 8am, at which point I will cancel my reservation.

That's what I did too, emailed Disney and told them I was disappointed with the lack to EMM in December. It's odd timing they just opened up the Minnie Van service to all the resorts when they are still having kinks with not having enough vans at certain times of the day. I hope they continue to add more vans since with all the resorts having the service, the demand is going to explode especially at park opening and closing times.

Question:
We are staying off site. Thinking of booking EMM on Nov 13. We are also doing the Luau at the Poly that night.

To get to MK by 7:30 am, should we:

1. Park at the TTC and take the ferry (what time do they start?)
If we do this we will probably walk back to the TTC from the Poly after dinner

2. Park at the Poly (valet I guess?) and do the resort monorail to the MK (what time do they start?) and then after dinner our car will be right there.

Thanks!!!

Booked for 7/22! For an extra (almost) empty 75 minutes in the park plus breakfast this seems like a great deal and works perfectly with our upcoming trip schedule. Two quick questions:

Is Starbucks open when EMM & PPO ADR people are let in?

Do they hold you in fantasyland until 9:00 am?

Last edited:
Booked for 7/22! For an extra (almost) empty 75 minutes in the park plus breakfast this seems like a great deal and works perfectly with our upcoming trip schedule. Two quick questions:

Is Starbucks open when EMM & PPO ADR people are let in?

Do they hold you in famstasyland until 9:00 am?

I am pretty sure Starbucks is open - because regular guests are let on Main Street at/shortly after the EMM/PPO guests so it's all pretty much open/starting to open at that point. I've never actually looked over to see if I could stop at that very moment though - usually focused on getting back to Fantasyland stat. (I coffee up before I get to MK)

Yes, you're held in Fantasyland roughly between PP/IASW, BOG, the castle, and Tea Cups. CMs stop you from going any further. Once the castle show ends at close to 9AM, they'll let you by.

Have fun!

I am pretty sure Starbucks is open - because regular guests are let on Main Street at/shortly after the EMM/PPO guests so it's all pretty much open/starting to open at that point. I've never actually looked over to see if I could stop at that very moment though - usually focused on getting back to Fantasyland stat. (I coffee up before I get to MK)

Yes, you're held in Fantasyland roughly between PP/IASW, BOG, the castle, and Tea Cups. CMs stop you from going any further. Once the castle show ends at close to 9AM, they'll let you by.

Have fun!
Perfect! I’m worried in our rush to get on the monorail we won’t have time to grab coffee so just want to know the options. Would rather not waste time though, good point.

:rotfl2:Glad you were able to decipher famstasyland

Question:
We are staying off site. Thinking of booking EMM on Nov 13. We are also doing the Luau at the Poly that night.

To get to MK by 7:30 am, should we:

1. Park at the TTC and take the ferry (what time do they start?)
If we do this we will probably walk back to the TTC from the Poly after dinner

2. Park at the Poly (valet I guess?) and do the resort monorail to the MK (what time do they start?) and then after dinner our car will be right there.

Thanks!!!

I think Valet Parking at Poly is up to $33 these days. MK parking is $22. So you'll have to pick your poison. :-)

Both seem valid to me. I can see how it'd be nice to have your car right there at Poly after the Luau. But it's not a terrible walk over to the TTC if you want to go that route.

Poly Valet would be your only option to leave your car there all day. If you do this, just take the Resort Monorail to MK.

If you park at the TTC, the Ferry and monorail should be running. Sometimes it's just the Resort monorail and not the Express at that hour, but that's not the end of the world. If neither the Ferry or Monorail were to be running (rare, but it happens), there would be buses. Personally, I'd over-allocate travel time - the worse thing to happen is you arrive at the MK entrance way early and wait for awhile. It's better than running late and the stress meter instantly going to high.

Hope all of that made sense.

Perfect! I’m worried in our rush to get on the monorail we won’t have time to grab coffee so just want to know the options. Would rather not waste time though, good point.

:rotfl2:Glad you were able to decipher famstasyland

FWIW, I have found coffee-only and 8 rides on 7DMT does not go over well with me. Not that 7DMT is bad at all... but over and over with no breakfast and summer heat... yeah... I start feeling it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter