~ Mickey's Magical Matey Tour ~ November 6-13, 2010 Eastern Magic

I think the Bernards webiste mentioned car seats. The vans are equipped for them but they are not required by law. Maybe you could email him and ask if they could provide a car seat?

I've been going back and forth on what to do pre-cruise. We haven't bought airline tickets yet - waiting on Southwest to open up.

I'd like to do MK for the day on Friday with a Cindarella breakfast or lunch. I was looking at the cost of park tickets for one day, and add the character meal, and it's really out of site for a family of four.

Right now I'm just booked at the Holiday Inn by the airport for Friday night. I've also thought about staying out by the port in Coaco Beach.

Has anybody else firmed up thier pre-cruise plans?

Our pre-cruise plans are generally pretty set. We get in on the 2nd and have a local friend bringing dinner (and my groceries). Then MK the 3rd, Epcot the 4th, MK on friday (just like you!) with the other family arriving the night before.

I thought is was kinda quiet so I decided to check the boards and found this new link ;)

JORo
Greg and Lisa
dd Josephine 4 ds Robbie 2.5
early seating

This is our first disney cruise - first cruise with kids actually - I was worried about them being pretty young but I think that is why we are going with Disney

• When to book Palo
  • When to book child care
  • Better to book through Disney cruise for the Hyatt or separately?
  • Any recommendations on tours with small kids, or just enjoy the towns/beaches - might be easier?
  • Bring a stroller?
  • Bed rails for the bunk - for small kids or just put them on the floor?

We are flying in on Friday from Seattle (arrive 5-6PM) and then when cruise is over we are going to WDW DVC for 3 nights because we just cant get enough disney. I am thinking the Mickeys Christmas Party might be going early Nov so we hope to do that one night and if not that is ok too...

Looking forward to meeting some/all of you!

Just reading more - looks like we would need carseats for the little ones on tour too - ;( hmm well I will have to do a litte more "port" research too - and see what is walking distance and just enjoy the boat. When they are older we can do more in ports .....hmmmm......

I thought is was kinda quiet so I decided to check the boards and found this new link ;)

JORo
Greg and Lisa
early seating

This is our first disney cruise - first cruise with kids actually - I was worried about them being pretty young but I think that is why we are going with Disney

• When to book Palo
  • Any recommendations on tours with small kids, or just enjoy the towns/beaches - might be easier?
  • Bring a stroller?

We are flying in on Friday from Seattle (arrive 5-6PM) and then when cruise is over we are going to WDW DVC for 3 nights because we just cant get enough disney. I am thinking the Mickeys Christmas Party might be going early Nov so we hope to do that one night and if not that is ok too...

Our kids are a bit older, but we probably still just do some basic tours. I've read good things about Bernards Tour on St. Maarten. It's only $35/person, and I believe it's for six hours. It includes touring, shopping, and a beach stop. On St. Thomas I think we will do the Magen's Beach day.

JORo
Greg and Lisa
early seating

• When to book Palo
  • Bring a stroller?

Welcome!

our little ones will be 4 and 19 mo on the cruise, so we are there with you. Funny enough, we will be flying Tuesday out of Seattle (after a commuter from PDX). Do you have the alaska direct flight? Time sounds right...

We aren't sure when we are going to book palo or babysitting yet. I'm thinking a brunch would be easier since I want to experience all the dinners. We don't really see ourselves using much babysitting for the small one beyond palo time and some spa time IF we both go.

Our tours we are looking at right now are both on st. thomas: butterfly farm and skyride to paradise point. Both have open times, so we can go as necessary based on the kids' schedules. We will probably wander around port in St. Marten and then hang at the beach at CC.

We will have our stroller because we will be at disney world prior but I don't anticipate using it much on ship - especially since it is a double and there isn't much room! When wandering around, I'll probably pop the little one in the carrier (highly recommend an ergo/beco) even on the ship... since I am less off balance than just carrying him.

I would be apprehensive about the 4 yr old on a top bunk personally... but your comfort is what is important. There is a rail on it already. I'd much rather put the older on the couch one with a rail and put the younger in a pnp. You *should* be able to still do this at 2.5.

Hope that helps some!

Hi,

We're on this cruise too :banana:

Lisa (43) and Darrell (45)
Late seating

We live in Jacksonville, Fl so will probably just drive down the morning of the cruise.

This will be our 8th cruise - all have been Disney :cool1:

This is our first Eastern so all new ports for us (except CC).

Looking forward to it :)

Hi everyone!
My husband Don (47) and I (younger than him, but not by much:rolleyes1) will be joining everyone on the cruise! We just booked yesterday so of course I had to look for the thread!
This will be our second cruise and we will be joined with some friends (actually our dinner mates) from the first cruise!:woohoo:
Kind of in a hurry today but I look forward to chatting with everyone over the next 8 months!
Have a Magical weekend all!:grouphug:
Amy

We will have the late dining.

Hey Everyone,
Just checking in while I have a minute...DS#2 made his debut during a blizzard on 2/10 and has been a handful ever since...I can't even remember what sleep feels like:confused3 I was able to check and our cabin is 8518 everything else is the same. So much to do in the next couple of months it's gonna be crazy...we will really need the relaxation of the cruise. Hope to get to know everyone a bit before the cruise.

So curious - I was probably looking in the wrong place but how did you see where your cabin was assigned? Dont see anything on the disney cruise planning page about cruises or available tours/times.

Maybe just need to dig around a bit more!

David - Coco so fun to have neighbors with small kids going on the cruise with us - Yes we only do direct flights to FL - some think its easier to have a stop over but we like to just get there!!

We are really excited about our first disney cruise! A little shakey about leaving the kids with the disney care - I am sure its safe but I worry about our 4 year old off playing around the boat (if that is what they do) at least the little one would be confined to one big room. We are not plainning much except maybe one dinner at Palo - the rest of the time we are looking forward to playing with the kids!

Ok MIL decided she wanted to go, this was a free incentive cruise for buying DVC last summer so I called to see how much to add her and got two different prices about a $400 Difference between the two cruise sales folks - but we got upgrade to verandah room about $175 pp plus cost of extra person and its assigned we are so excited now...

Of course I was mama bear and was asking all kinds of questions about the locks on the sliding door (for our crazy 2 year old ) and about the employees in the kids club - so feeling pretty good and really excited so I thought we would share...

Hi, Everyone
I'm usually the first one to join or start a DIS cruise list, but "missed the boat" on this one.

DH and I are taking this cruise alone, sans our teenagers. This will be our 12th Disney Cruise. We've also been on the Norwegian Pearl once, to Alaska, last summer (with kids). We tend to take the Wonder cruises with kids and the Magic ones without.

Cruise 11 is coming up this July...a four night Wonder with the kids. We also have a 5 night booked on the Dream in June of 2011 to celebrate DD's high school graduation.

We are looking forward to this Eastern itinerary...we've been on it once before, and then tried again in 08 but at the very last minute (literally morning of departure) our itinerary got switched to a Western to avoid fallout from a hurricane. So we've been on three of those.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Here's our stats for the list:

Skylynx
Chicagoland and Storm Mountain, Colorado
Denise (50) John (54)
Cabin 6078 Second seating

Hi, Everyone
I'm usually the first one to join or start a DIS cruise list, but "missed the boat" on this one.

DH and I are taking this cruise alone, sans our teenagers. This will be our 12th Disney Cruise. We've also been on the Norwegian Pearl once, to Alaska, last summer (with kids). We tend to take the Wonder cruises with kids and the Magic ones without.

Cruise 11 is coming up this July...a four night Wonder with the kids. We also have a 5 night booked on the Dream in June of 2011 to celebrate DD's high school graduation.

We are looking forward to this Eastern itinerary...we've been on it once before, and then tried again in 08 but at the very last minute (literally morning of departure) our itinerary got switched to a Western to avoid fallout from a hurricane. So we've been on three of those.

Skylynx
Denise (50) John (54)

Weclome aboard!:goodvibes

Hi, Everyone

Skylynx
Denise (50) John (54)

Hi Denise!
This is only our second cruise and we are doing as you are....just hubby and me! We will be meeting our table mates from our last cruise who also are leaving their daughter behind for the first time. It sounds as if the adults may out number the kids on this cruise! ;)
We took the Western last May and are in love with DCL now. My husband put off a cruise for years and really wasn't very excited last time but now he's a cruise junkie!
Look forwarding to meeting you!:goodvibes

Well purchased the airline tickets today:banana:. Amazing how much you have to spend on airfare (almost as much as the vacation). Flying Jet blue non-stop. We're flying down on the 5th and wondering if we should just stay at the Hyatt at the airport again, or maybe book a one night stay at the Nick hotel :confused3. I know it's still a half a year away, but really excited to be working out the details already.

I was beginning to wonder if we were going to be the only ones without kids...just me and DH. We are just as excited about the cruise as two kids could ever be. We will be flying down on the 3rd and going to Epcot on the 4th. We haven't booked air yet, waiting patiently :rolleyes1 on Southwest.

Welcome aboard!

We love our cruises with and without the kids...they are "differently wonderful."

On our adults only cruises, we dress up a lot. The tux and gown come out more than once, along with the rhinestones and glam shoes that hurt ;-) We stroll on the deck at night. We drink a glass of wine on the verandah before dinner. And sometimes after dinner. We rocket straight for Serenity Bay and the hammocks on Castaway Cay day, never looking back at the family beach. We go to the late night shows, and hang out in the sports bar. We have room service coffee and croissants on the verandah most mornings (ok, before heading up to the "real" breakfast with Mickey waffles and bacon!) We drag along our Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel white bathrobes that make us feel like millionaires even though they take up half a suitcase each. We do a Palo dinner and brunch. We go to the wine tasting. We'll get free stuff at the DVC member event. We bring our elaborate pirate gear. And we STILL line up for pictures with the characters even though we sometimes get strange looks.

When we are feeling lonesome for our own kids, we'll go to the atrium during a meet and greet and watch the interactions between the characters and the smaller children. Even though ours are teenagers now, we still love to watch the 3-6 year old set in awe of the princesses or Goofy or the main mice. Once we were lucky enough to see a photo shoot of Cinderella cozying up with someone's golden retriever guide dog. Those pictures are still floating around the Disboards someplace, but watching Cinderella in her immaculate white gloves cuddle this gorgeous dog was a true Disney moment!

In contrast, on our upcoming July cruise with kids, we'll dress up less, and probably spend an inordinate amount of time waiting for them to come in at night before we can really fall asleep! We'll set up "pirate camp" on the family beach as a rendezvous point, but still sneak off to Serenity Bay and the Castaway Air Bar for some Jimmy Buffett music and Landsharks! The big bulky bathrobes will stay home as the room is crowded enough. We will all dress up as pirates. We'll still have a Palo dinner. And we'll probably coerce the kids to at least a Jack Sparrow photo. We will enjoy spending time with them with no Xbox or texting. Probably will still have to endure the iPods.

The best tradition of all on either cruise is meeting with the onboard rebooking lady to book another one, no matter how far in the future. It takes all the sting out of walking off the ship when you have another cruise booked on the horizon, even if you know you are going to change the date.

We'll be delighted to meet everyone! Let us know if anyone is looking for two well-behaved tablemates for second seating...

Hello everyone!

My family and I will be on this cruise and my Fiance and I will be getting married! Woo-hoo! Just wanted to chime in for roll call! Any plans for this cruise for FE or meets, etc?

Stacy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter