Member Services Breaking 11 Month Rule!

Sometime in the last year it seems to have changed for me. You used to be able to search before 8:00:00 and be looking at the availability calendar and right at 8 et you could hit continue. Now I need to actually wait to search until 8:00:00 then quickly open the detailed calendar and hit continue. If I do the search before 8, I can wait a minute to hit continue and it is still “too early”. I think refreshing the results is the same as doing a search AFTER 8:00:00.
This is what I've found as well.

Sometime in the last year it seems to have changed for me. You used to be able to search before 8:00:00 and be looking at the availability calendar and right at 8 et you could hit continue. Now I need to actually wait to search until 8:00:00 then quickly open the detailed calendar and hit continue. If I do the search before 8, I can wait a minute to hit continue and it is still “too early”. I think refreshing the results is the same as doing a search AFTER 8:00:00.
Just my own personal experience, but when I've tried recently to hit Continue just after 8 I never seem to get it...when I refresh first then continue I've been able to get both even though it takes an extra second. I even had a couple of times where I hit continue just after 8, got an error, then refreshed and the room was still there...by the time I continued the room was then gone. No idea why but it works for me lol It may just require waiting a couple of seconds after 8AM to make the Continue option work though.
What browser are you using? I seriously had this problem until I switched browsers. Once I started using Safari, I didn't get the error message.

That's what I thought. I've always hit continue right at 8am and had success but not this year. Looks like it now entails one extra step. Thanks for the data points!

So I spoke with MS and explained what happened. She was polite and said it was because the 6th was unavailable. So I retold what happened. Same answer from MS. I asked three times to speak to a manager.. she basically said they would tell me the same thing. my wife was next to me and the whole. If it wasn’t for my wife, I’d gone off on the lady. the MS booked a waitlist for 1-6 Oct for me. So I went back on line at 09:25 this morning. It’s funny how the 5-6th are available now.
Did I mention i have a great wife.? She said, since we are not going to Hawaii next year, (our b2b DCL where canceled And now rebooked for 2021) let’s get a CCV cabin. since the cabins are taken for the 1st. ( yea right) I will book for 2-6 with a waitlist.
rant over.

So this morning at 07:00 CST I went and tried to get 1- 6 October 2021. 2 bedroom at CCV. Everything was availabl. But it said I was outside my window. Which is bs. I have CCV as my second resort. Plus I have plenty of CCV points for 2021.So I went back to try again and everything was gone. Now I am pissed. now I have to wait an hour to chew on people. I will be nice but this is beyond bad.

Here is what happens. When you click book, the system checks again to make sure the room is still there, in those few seconds, others snagged the room for check in on the 1st and the system now looks at your search to be the 2nd to the 6th, which is of course, outside the window....that is why you got that message.

Honestly, when things are this popular it is a matter of nanoseconds, and if it was there right before you hit book, it simply means other owners go it first.

So sorry.

I don’t want to get into argument. The issue is I was able to get my dates. There system says I’m outside the window. It wasn’t. The nano second arguement is also wrong. i Don’t hit until I’m a second out side the 08:00 time hack. i Have played this game enough to know when to hit the return button.
Most the time MS will agree and fix the issue i encountered. This time she didn’t care. Thats now my issue.

i wish everyone the best in getting what they want. God Bless.
wash your hands, stay out of the damn lakes. And go vote!

Here is what happens. When you click book, the system checks again to make sure the room is still there, in those few seconds, others snagged the room for check in on the 1st and the system now looks at your search to be the 2nd to the 6th, which is of course, outside the window....that is why you got that message.

Honestly, when things are this popular it is a matter of nanoseconds, and if it was there right before you hit book, it simply means other owners go it first.

So sorry.

I don’t want to get into argument. The issue is I was able to get my dates. There system says I’m outside the window. It wasn’t. The nano second arguement is also wrong. i Don’t hit until I’m a second out side the 08:00 time hack. i Have played this game enough to know when to hit the return button.
Most the time MS will agree and fix the issue i encountered. This time she didn’t care. Thats now my issue.

I am just sharing the experiences of many of us and this is a common occurrence for hard to get rooms.

Feel free to ignore, but for others who want to understand it, that is the way the system works. The room is not yours until you get to the screen with the names..prior to that, doesn’t matter what the calendar says.

Last edited:

No dog in the fight here but the nanosecond argument...it doesnt matter when you click, it matters how your computer and isp submit and receive data, in addition to how the receiving server submits and receives data. You and I can submit at the exact same time but the data will be sent and received differently.

No dog in the fight here but the nanosecond argument...it doesnt matter when you click, it matters how your computer and isp submit and receive data, in addition to how the receiving server submits and receives data. You and I can submit at the exact same time but the data will be sent and received differently.
Yup. We see this all the time, which is why often people will pull up different systems using different connections to attempt to reserve coveted tickets. Look at the folk trying for the Rise of the Resistance virtual fast passes... it's been found that using your own cell data is preferable over going on Disney's wifi which slows you down.

The real problem is that there are a whole lot of DVC members who want to stay at WDW for the 50th, and a whole lot who want to stay over Columbus Day. (Many of the latter are walking reservations. Some rooms over the 1st will open again once they walk past). But there just aren't enough rooms to accommodate everyone who wants a room next October.

It's worse than usual for 2021 due to all the extra points in the system due to the closures and the many trips postponed due to the pandemic. We're going to see the same problem for November and December 2021 reservations.

So this morning at 07:00 CST I went and tried to get 1- 6 October 2021. 2 bedroom at CCV. Everything was availabl. But it said I was outside my window. Which is bs. I have CCV as my second resort. Plus I have plenty of CCV points for 2021.So I went back to try again and everything was gone. Now I am pissed. now I have to wait an hour to chew on people. I will be nice but this is beyond bad.

The website messages are not always correct and are applied generically. That happens when you see the availability and attempt to move forward but someone else has beaten you by a split second. I've had it happen more than once. Of course it should tell you that the inventory is now gone because all you were doing is looking at availability and did not have a lock on the room however the system shows an incorrect message.

Last edited:

That seems like what I'm seeing too.

The real problem is that there are a whole lot of DVC members who want to stay at WDW for the 50th, and a whole lot who want to stay over Columbus Day. (Many of the latter are walking reservations. Some rooms over the 1st will open again once they walk past). But there just aren't enough rooms to accommodate everyone who wants a room next October.

It's worse than usual for 2021 due to all the extra points in the system due to the closures and the many trips postponed due to the pandemic. We're going to see the same problem for November and December 2021 reservations.

Bingo!! I genuinely feel for people who have their hopes set on these dates and don't get them. Waitlist and hope for the best. Everyone and their mother seems to want those dates...when OKW and AKV don't have studio's available at the 11-month mark, that tells me all I need to know. It's a perfect storm in the system, end of September is part of the lowest point season...beginning of October is part of the next lowest season, so these are popular times as it is, throw in a birthday celebration and its a bloodbath.

If DVC was smart, they would have made the 29th of September through October 12th premier season for 2021 and shortened some of the points in other season so the math worked out. They would have made a killing, in terms of getting members to burn through some of their excess points during a normal low point season, as I don't think it would deter most from wanting to be there for the 50th or Columbus Day weekend right after the 50th.

Last edited:
I am very surprised that a CM would explicitly tell a member that they have actually booked a room outside the 11 months window. Unless they're 100% sure this is legal, it's a risky move. I think it would be better to contact the Regulatory Affairs department; its manager was involved in the 2020 point charts fiasco that endedn with a rollback. If one wants to contest the legitimacy of some actions, she's the right person to contact.
https://www.stetson.edu/administration/trustees/yvonne-chang.php

Bingo!! I genuinely feel for people who have their hopes set on these dates and don't get them. Waitlist and hope for the best. Everyone and their mother seems to want those dates...when OKW and AKV don't have studio's available at the 11-month mark, that tells me all I need to know. It's a perfect storm in the system, end of September is part of the lowest point season...beginning of October is part of the next lowest season, so these are popular times as it is, throw in a birthday celebration and its a bloodbath.

If DVC was smart, they would have made the 29th of September through October 12th premier season for 2021 and shortened some of the points in other season so the math worked out. They would have made a killing, in terms of getting members to burn through some of their excess points during a normal low point season, as I don't think it would deter most from wanting to be there for the 50th or Columbus Day weekend right after the 50th.

A day cannot have more than a 15% change I believe from year to year. I haven't looked at what something like that would have done but especially for the Sept dates it would not be possible. Plus it's too nickel and diming to really be worth the outcry.

A day cannot have more than a 15% change I believe from year to year. I haven't looked at what something like that would have done but especially for the Sept dates it would not be possible. Plus it's too nickel and diming to really be worth the outcry.

Is that true on the 15% change? Would seem to not work as Easter changes quite a bit in terms of specific dates, and those changes definitely eclipse 15% threshold if we are just looking at actual dates. (Maybe Spring Break regardless of dates is the exception to that rule?).

I hear you that its not worth it for 1 year though, they also couldn't have predicted the excess point issue based on when the charts came out/pandemic occurred.

Is that true on the 15% change? Would seem to not work as Easter changes quite a bit in terms of specific dates, and those changes definitely eclipse 15% threshold if we are just looking at actual dates. (Maybe Spring Break regardless of dates is the exception to that rule?).

I hear you that its not worth it for 1 year though, they also couldn't have predicted the excess point issue based on when the charts came out/pandemic occurred.

I'd have to read thru the POS about it again but I'm fairly certain it's an restriction to the day and wasn't for seasons. I think they may have an exception for the Easter and Thanksgiving holidays since they move.

I'd have to read thru the POS about it again but I'm fairly certain it's an restriction to the day and wasn't for seasons. I think they may have an exception for the Easter and Thanksgiving holidays since they move.

That makes sense then...learned something new today!

Plus they would have had to predict the 10/1 popularity and the impact of the closures (which hadn't even been thought about in December of 2019 when the charts came out). Plus I don't recall ever hearing about any of the parks closing for capacity during any previous anniversaries and don't ever remember seeing all the studios gone for all the WDW resorts at 11 months.

I'm sorry brand new owner here trying to keep up. This comment:

It’s one of the reasons a member can not book and travel in the last 4 months of a UY.

caught my attention. Could someone explain what this means? I have a June UY, does this mean I cannot book a trip from Feb 1-May 31 and take that trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter