"medical items"

I take loads too - sudocrem, hyrdocortizone, vaseline, afterbite, sudafed (sinus trouble common with air-con) ... must checking packing list and post back.

I know you can get it all over there but I don't want too!!!!!

I am so glad it is not just me - few good things on your list that not thought of :lmao:

I am so glad it is not just me - few good things on your list that not thought of :lmao:

You all got big suitcases then, lol? I hope you aren't going to pack your park bags like you do your luggage - you'll be knackered by lunchtime. On little tip: let the kids carry their OWN stuff. After the first day you will see how careful they are about what they take. Small packpacks or those hipsacks (I don't like them, but I can see many benefits) are fine.

Thanks all, the way I see it, this is a holiday of a lifetime, we will not be able to do it again for many years (if one goes, we all go) - we are staying on site and have free dining - I do not intend to spend my holiday shopping for toiletries which I do every week at home :goodvibes - we do not have to take everyting to the parks, but at least it will be back at our room, rather than having to go and find a walmarts etc

My DW and I both have lengthy prescriptions but love the medicals in Walmart - we spend quite a bit buying from there. :thumbsup2

David

Yes that is the reason why I am taking items, even though we have a car, we are not intending to visit walmarts etc - esepecially not the first few days.

When we went to disneyland paris last year, I took ibrofen and par/codeine, my niece had a bad headache but asmathic (could only take paracetamol)- they could only give her two tablets, so now I make sure I have everything for everyone - do not want to have to leave the park to go to the shops to buy anything :goodvibes

:eek: codeine is on the controlled substance list in France You need to declare it, and be aware that driving with any in your system could be an offence.

I take plasters with me too, ever since DD fell over at MK and cut her leg pretty badly, I went to the POTC gift shop and hoped that they would give me a plaster from their first aid kid and they tried to charge me for it - for a 2 year old with blood pouring out of her knee! I was not very impressed with their Disney spirit that day! :mad:

I bought 200 from our local chemist for £1 so that will do us! :rotfl:

Oh no - I do not have a prescription - just buy them boots own make - find the other makes space me out - do find I need them though at certain times - not sure what to do now

in all the times i've traveled into the US (and it's zillions of times as i'm an american), they have NEVER ever ever ever ever looked at my medication...
and i always have a complete suitcase full of medication that cannot be purchasd in the US at all....medicine which i have to take that is not approved by the FDA at all...so i have to bring tons of it, just in case i end up being stranded in the US....i can't live without it...so i bring about a 6 month supply even when i visit for 2 weeks.....that's lots and lots of boxes....

they couldn't care less what you're carrying as long as it's not cocaine or the like..

if you have one bottle of cold medicine with codiene they're not going to think twice about it.....it's not illegal (it can be purchased, albeit with a prescription)..

if you buy it over the counter in the UK, why would the americans care?

they care about trafficking opiates like codeine.... it is a controlled substance.

You are allowed up to 50 doses for personal use - in its original packaging - or with a prescription. You also need to declare you are carrying a controlled substance. The UK is one of the few countries worldwide which does not control the use and personal import of codeine.

Over the counter condeine preps are a lot weaker than prescription, my paracetamol and codeine that I buy from Boots is 8/500 meaning 8mg CO and 500mg Paracetamol. My mom is prescribed the same for her back condition and hers are 35/500! A big difference!

i just filled out the customs form 2 weeks ago - i don't recall even seeing mention of drugs on it...

they're concerned about farm products and soil and produce and meat...

as far as i remember, there was nothing about drugs at all on it (though i might just have ignored it :) ).....otherwise i might have been nervous about bringing so much medicine that's not approved by the FDA (it's approved everywhere else in the world, but not the US - having to do with the stupidity of the FDA system, not to do with any problem with the drug itself)...

while codeine may be controlled, one bottle of cold medicine containing it isn't going to raise their eyebrows....
it's not as if they pick up all your bottles of medicine and read the ingredients...

i'm the first to admit that american governmental authorities sometimes act like nazis, but i really don't think the customs officers are all that concerned with your personal use medicine...

now if you're carrying medical use marijuana, you most definitely need to have a prescription for it, as that is an illegal drug, not just controlled...

Does anyone know where I could find a link to see what we are not allowed to take into america???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter