Mears Connect Experience

Does Mears always stop at terminal C? When we used them in June, we did not stop at terminal C and honestly I forgot there was one until I read your post. I wonder why our bus didn’t go there?
I would guess because they didn't have any passengers arriving/departing from C. You enter your flight info when you make your reservation.

We've been using Mears for a while now, well before ME was discontinued, and - so far🤞- no issues. When staying at a Disney hotel we used ME and the last few trips were just horrible. I have always assumed ME purposefully gave horrible service because they wanted everyone to have that memory - LOL.

We used Mears for our recent trip (8/8-8/16). Arrival was fine, we waited for a little while on the bus but it was air conditioned so we were good. The Mears area was empty when we checked in- maybe one or two other families (midday on a Tuesday).

Leaving AoA Mears unfortunately didn't seem to account for traffic + security. Our pickup was on time at the 4:55 scheduled time for an 8:15 flight, which seemed like plenty of time to me but I did wonder about the traffic variable being a weekday during rush hour. We went to Pop next where there were 25+ people waiting. Bad news is it took quite awhile for one person to check everyone in and stow the luggage. Good news is we couldn't fit anyone else on the bus so off to the airport we went. We hit traffic and then had to go by Terminal C for drop offs, then got dropped at B and had to walk all the way over to A. Went straight to check our bags (line was 5 minutes max), quickly used the bathroom and then spent over an hour in the security line, getting out of it after 7:30. Had our flight been on time, we would have barely had time to use the bathroom before boarding, forget about grabbing any food. I know plenty of people think 3 hours before a flight is way too early but in this case, we had almost 3 1/2 hours and it would have been cut uncomfortably close had our flight not been delayed almost an hour...

We used Mears for our recent trip (8/8-8/16). Arrival was fine, we waited for a little while on the bus but it was air conditioned so we were good. The Mears area was empty when we checked in- maybe one or two other families (midday on a Tuesday).

Leaving AoA Mears unfortunately didn't seem to account for traffic + security. Our pickup was on time at the 4:55 scheduled time for an 8:15 flight, which seemed like plenty of time to me but I did wonder about the traffic variable being a weekday during rush hour. We went to Pop next where there were 25+ people waiting. Bad news is it took quite awhile for one person to check everyone in and stow the luggage. Good news is we couldn't fit anyone else on the bus so off to the airport we went. We hit traffic and then had to go by Terminal C for drop offs, then got dropped at B and had to walk all the way over to A. Went straight to check our bags (line was 5 minutes max), quickly used the bathroom and then spent over an hour in the security line, getting out of it after 7:30. Had our flight been on time, we would have barely had time to use the bathroom before boarding, forget about grabbing any food. I know plenty of people think 3 hours before a flight is way too early but in this case, we had almost 3 1/2 hours and it would have been cut uncomfortably close had our flight not been delayed almost an hour...
This has been our experience as well. 3.5 hours but running to get to the gate despite using ClearMe (also took a while; saved about 20 mins). Even the bathrooms inside had long lines (staffing issues so one bathroom was closed but the one next to the food court was open).

We had one flight where spirit didn’t even have water. They said there was miscommunication and catering didn’t give anything! Wondering how that was legal. Take your own water bottle and refill. We had 3 kids with us. Fortunately we had 1.5 water bottles (for 5 of us).

We decided to take an Uber back to the airport from AKL and I was happy with our decision. For $39 bucks we were there in time to check in and didn’t have to worry about the bus.
As a solo, that's what I'll be doing also. Trying Mears to my resort for the first time for $16.50, will definitely Uber or Lyft back to MCO. If there were 2 of us traveling it would be rideshare both ways!

As a solo, that's what I'll be doing also. Trying Mears to my resort for the first time for $16.50, will definitely Uber or Lyft back to MCO. If there were 2 of us traveling it would be rideshare both ways!

That’s what we did. We did Mears going to the resort and an Uber back. I’m happy with our decision. We got to experience the bus one way, and didn’t have to worry about the bus on the way back and them picking us up too early or too late.

Posted this a month ago on the AKL thread:

“From MCO, AKL was the last of what I think was 5 resorts. As we were pulling into AOA, the bus died… yup, coasted to a dead stop. Driver got it to turn over and nudged to the loading area then it died again. Everyone off the bus along with luggage. Called for another one and waited for that to arrive. When it finally came, AKL was still the last stop. Can’t remember how long the trip was… I’ve blocked that memory but it was long…. and hot. Had to reschedule scooter drop off since I had no way of knowing when I’d get to the resort.”

It happens… was I happy? Nope! But at least it was just me… felt really bad for families on the bus. Mears handled it as well as they could. And it wasn’t on the highway. And mercifully, the return trip to MCO was perfect even though I left at the crack of dawn.

I’m landing at Terminal C again next month and will probably book Mears again… figure I can’t draw the short straw twice, right?

Last edited:
I’m landing at Terminal C again next month and will probably book Mears again… figure I can’t draw the short straw twice, right?
That's how I always look at it. Like last week watching the news the night before our SW flight - to see a SW jet engine catching on fire in the air. Figured less chance that would happen to us if it just happened somewhere else!

That’s what we did. We did Mears going to the resort and an Uber back. I’m happy with our decision. We got to experience the bus one way, and didn’t have to worry about the bus on the way back and them picking us up too early or too late.
Did you reserve your departure pick-up time in advance? We have a very short trip coming up and decided to use uber/lyft from MCO but departure has us debating whether to use Mears or ride share.

Did you reserve your departure pick-up time in advance? We have a very short trip coming up and decided to use uber/lyft from MCO but departure has us debating whether to use Mears or ride share.

No I didn’t reserve it and I swear our car literally came in 1 minute. Our flight was at 3:00pm I called from AKL at the 1:00pm. Our flight ended up getting delayed by almost two hours (thunderstorm), but we were there with time to have lunch.

Any recent experiences with Mears Express? Trying to figure out if it's worth the extra cost or not. We're staying at Boulder Ridge Villas if that makes a difference at all. Any thoughts?

Arrived at Terminal C last Friday about 1 pm heading to GF. Trip was completely flawless… WL was the second stop.

Wonderful driver… couldn’t have asked for a better experience!

No I didn’t reserve it and I swear our car literally came in 1 minute. Our flight was at 3:00pm I called from AKL at the 1:00pm. Our flight ended up getting delayed by almost two hours (thunderstorm), but we were there with time to have lunch.
We didn't reserve in advance either (arrival around 1pm on a weekday) and a car was there immediately. I believe they stack up outside the arrivals terminal and just pull up as soon as a ride is requested - much like taxis do.

How much do you tip for that $250 (round trip) express ride?

(Added “round trip”)

How much do you tip for that $250 (round trip) express ride?

(Added “round trip”)
All the “express” option means is that you’re the first stop coming from the airport and the last stop heading back. For that price book private car service. You’ll be much happier.

The problem with private car service is my ECV. I don’t know any that have that option. So far, I’ve been taking a ADA taxi each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter