Mears Connect Experience

Took Mears Connect - Standard today (1/3). I always have taken Magical Express for all of my previous trips.

Timeline:
1:11am - Checked in at Mears (same location as old Magical Express)
1:13am - Got on Mears bus (same layout as magical express busses/all luggage went underneath per usual)
1:30am - Bus leaves Airport (about 10-15 passengers)
2:01am - Bus arrived at Pop Century (second stop after AoA)

Overall, pretty much same experience as Magical Express (without the fun Disney videos). Wait time is on par with what I’ve experienced with Magical Express though keep in mind, I tend to arrive late night hours so the crowds/frequency of busses are different. The number of hotels per queue seems to infer that on a busy day, a bus would stop at ~5 different resorts for one bus. My flight arrived 3 hours after the expected time and I had no problem checking into Mears. While checking in, it showed my return bus pickup time from my resort to the airport would be 3 hours prior to the flight (about the same as Magical Express).

Took Mears Connect - Standard today (1/3). I always have taken Magical Express for all of my previous trips.

Timeline:
1:11am - Checked in at Mears (same location as old Magical Express)
1:13am - Got on Mears bus (same layout as magical express busses/all luggage went underneath per usual)
1:30am - Bus leaves Airport (about 10-15 passengers)
2:01am - Bus arrived at Pop Century (second stop after AoA)

Overall, pretty much same experience as Magical Express (without the fun Disney videos). Wait time is on par with what I’ve experienced with Magical Express though keep in mind, I tend to arrive late night hours so the crowds/frequency of busses are different. The number of hotels per queue seems to infer that on a busy day, a bus would stop at ~5 different resorts for one bus. My flight arrived 3 hours after the expected time and I had no problem checking into Mears. While checking in, it showed my return bus pickup time from my resort to the airport would be 3 hours prior to the flight (about the same as Magical Express).
How much did it cost?

Thought I'd add my experience.
Took Mears Connect - Standard today (1/4).

Timeline:
2:05 pm - Checked in at Mears
2:07 pm - Got on Mears bus
2:37 pm - Bus leaves Airport (about 20 passengers)
3:25 pm - Bus arrived at AKL Jambo (4th stop after Coronado and 2 All Stars)

Not great, but not terrible. I had similar experiences with Magical Express.

I am only taking the bus from the resort to the airport this weekend. I put in my flight time (domestic) and was given a receipt that showed a pick up time of 4 hours prior to my flight. (The receipt states I will be given an exact time 24 hours prior to pickup) This was actually a flight change and my pick up time for the original flight was 3 hours prior to flight time.

I wrote to them yesterday because I could not find a phone number. I didn't get a response so I wrote again this morning. The website says 3 hours prior to domestic flight and 4 hours for international flight. I am not leaving 4 hours prior to my flight so if they do not respond or say it will be 4 hours early I will be cancelling.

Anyone returning to the airport that had a 4 hour pick up prior to a domestic flight?

I am only taking the bus from the resort to the airport this weekend. I put in my flight time (domestic) and was given a receipt that showed a pick up time of 4 hours prior to my flight. (The receipt states I will be given an exact time 24 hours prior to pickup) This was actually a flight change and my pick up time for the original flight was 3 hours prior to flight time.

I wrote to them yesterday because I could not find a phone number. I didn't get a response so I wrote again this morning. The website says 3 hours prior to domestic flight and 4 hours for international flight. I am not leaving 4 hours prior to my flight so if they do not respond or say it will be 4 hours early I will be cancelling.

Anyone returning to the airport that had a 4 hour pick up prior to a domestic flight?
Did you ever get this worked out? I have EXACTLY the same issue with a reservation for tomorrow. I've emailed and been on hold for a very extended period of time . . . so frustrating!

I don't think 3 hours is enough time. MCO wants it timed so passengers should be at the airport 2 hours before departure. DME used 3 hour, 30-40 minutes to drive and 20 minutes to pick up at the resorts.

Some Disney guests used RAC to check luggage, Mears will have to handle all luggage. Disney tried to limit buses to 3 or 4 resorts. Mears seems could be double that.

Did you ever get this worked out? I have EXACTLY the same issue with a reservation for tomorrow. I've emailed and been on hold for a very extended period of time . . . so frustrating!
Nope. Still no response. If your pick up is tomorrow, did you get your 24 hour pick up time sent to you? Is it still 4 hours?

I don't think 3 hours is enough time. MCO wants it timed so passengers should be at the airport 2 hours before departure. DME used 3 hour, 30-40 minutes to drive and 20 minutes to pick up at the resorts.

Some Disney guests used RAC to check luggage, Mears will have to handle all luggage. Disney tried to limit buses to 3 or 4 resorts. Mears seems could be double that.
We have used ME for years. Been there 5 times since Covid and never got picked up earlier than 3 hours. as a matter of fact, usually they were later and made stops.
Never been late.
Having said that, Mears website specifically says 3 hours in advance of flight time for domestic travel and 4 hours for International travel. That is why I booked with them. I have no desire to be in MCO any longer than necessary.

My res shows 3 hour pick up from Poly prior to my flight on Feb 5. My guess is your resort is one of the first stops on the route so the extra hour is for stopping at the other 3+ hotels, to load luggage and so on. Just a guess though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter