May 26, 2007 (5/26/07) "First Magical Med Cruise!!" (The M&M's!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LegalBriefs said:
I'll start the info off...
Ron with Monica (gf), 8530, Late, LAP
[/SIZE][/B]

Ron,

You are dating my wife???

David and Monica (wife), 8530, Second, LAP (I assume).

Count us in for the wine exchange! I don't think NC is a premiere state for wine production but the Biltmore Estate produces a line that is fairly decent.

Question: Does anyone recall what the port taxes are per person? I just got the combined total and I'm trying to figure out if I got Tier 1 pricing. I know the insurance was $338. Will the insurance cover the airfare also? It seems a little high and I'm wondering if I could get similar coverage on my own. Any thoughts or suggestions?

We're:

Ellen, Bob, Kate 12 (missing 13 th birthday by 4 days) & Brett 9 Cabin 2030
Bob, Helen, Linda & Colleen (all adults) Cabin 2032

We have main dining

Count us in for the wine tasting.

I'm going to start a thread for the teens and tweens on this cruise. Kate and Brett will be looking to get a head start on meeting friends for this trip.

Poconoboatniks

jeanneg said:
Question: Does anyone recall what the port taxes are per person? I just got the combined total and I'm trying to figure out if I got Tier 1 pricing. I know the insurance was $338. Will the insurance cover the airfare also? It seems a little high and I'm wondering if I could get similar coverage on my own. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Go to www.insuremytrip.com to compare insurance prices. DCL insurance won't cover your airfare unless you buy it from them.

Taxes for 2 adults are $118 (total) - at least in a category 11. Category 11 cabins were still selling at the lowest price when I checked this a.m.

Oh - as of right now (subject to change) - my DH and I will be on this cruise in #7119, with late dining. How do you find out your dining rotation?

poconoboatniks said:
We're:

Ellen, Bob, Kate 12 (missing 13 th birthday by 4 days) & Brett 9 Cabin 2030
Bob, Helen, Linda & Colleen (all adults) Cabin 2032

We have main dining

Count us in for the wine tasting.

I'm going to start a thread for the teens and tweens on this cruise. Kate and Brett will be looking to get a head start on meeting friends for this trip.

Poconoboatniks

Hi Poconoboatnics,

I'm an East Stroudsburg State Univ alumnus. :) Love that part of the country.

My DS (age 10) is chomping at the bit to post on the Disney boards so he will be really interested in a teens and tweens thread.

Marie

littleowensmommy said:
I'll go next:

Kathy and Ted, DS8 Owen and DD5 Amy, 6054, Early, LAP

Ron, I decided to do APL on the repo and LAP on the Med. Do you think we'll be able to find out about special theming and formal nights ahead of time?
We should be able to get that in advance, I had pretty good luck finding that out in the past, but it will likely only be a month in advance... Ron

NancyIL said:
Oh - as of right now (subject to change) - my DH and I will be on this cruise in #7119, with late dining. How do you find out your dining rotation?

cat 1-3 can select their dining rotation. We'll be in a cat 3 on the repo so I'm planning to select my dining rotation for both cruises at the same time.

littleowensmommy said:
cat 1-3 can select their dining rotation. We'll be in a cat 3 on the repo so I'm planning to select my dining rotation for both cruises at the same time.

Thanks!

Add us to the List

Sandy and Sharon (7619 I think - it was 7119 but we changed to the other side of the ship) - both adults - late seating hopefully LAP

Michigan has some great wineries - how many bottles can we take out of the country? take into Spain?

Add us to the list:
Kelly, Jonathan & Zoe (4)

We run a drug education program in CA... hence the name Miles To Go Drug Education. DH is a recovering alcoholic, so we'll bring some of the best non-alcoholic wines & sparkling ciders from CA. Also, will pick up some of our famous CA wines as we travel past many of the best vineyards on our lecture tours. Don't worry everyone we're not anti-alcohol... our program doesn't scare off mom & dad from drinking alcohol (or coffee for that matter), we teach kids about parents who demonstrate moderate and healthy drinking patterns. Unfortunately, it just so happens that with our family history there is no healthy drinking - bummer! Too bad we won't get to enjoy the Italian & French wines.

Can't believe it's 13 months away,
Kelly

sweetsue said:
I am really looking forward to it! If you were to hit just one or two of the "must sees" on the Rome list, what would you recommend? I'm not sure my DD6 will be up to visiting everything in one day. Instead, I'd rather spend more in-depth time getting the flavor - and having an excuse to return on another trip to see the rest!

Sweet Sue

Sweet Sue

The Vatican/St. Peters would be first choice. A mix of paintings, statues, tapistries, and history the basis for modern day religions. Alex

If we plan to bring wine from the US are there any Customs regulations we should know about?

Hi All,

Count us in (Bob and Dale (wife)). We're doing the repo and 1st Med. to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. :banana: :banana:

Anybody else having trouble sleeping from excitment like those kids (& parents) in the Disney World tv commercial? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Bob

LegalBriefs [COLOR=DarkRed said:
Sue :love: , know what would be a BIG help? Could you keep a list of everyone who comes on, their travelling party, cabin #, ages of children (so kids of like ages can play together), and dining rotation? I am horrible with that stuff and if you could post it periodically, that would be great! :hug: [/COLOR]

I'll start the info off...
Ron with Monica (gf), 8530, Late, LAP
[/SIZE][/B]

Consider it done! I'm great at Excel spreadsheets. I'll get one started and post the info a bit later. DD5 just doesn't seem to understand that there isn't any Mommy time at the moment because we're going on a Disney cruise to the Med!

Sweet Sue

wrabitdad said:
Hi All,

Count us in (Bob and Dale (wife)). We're doing the repo and 1st Med. to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. :banana: :banana:

Anybody else having trouble sleeping from excitment like those kids (& parents) in the Disney World tv commercial? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Bob

I think that would be a wonderful way to celebrate your 20th anniversary! I wish we could do both the Transatlantic and the Mediterranean, but my DH doesn't have that much vacation time, and it would interfere with paying for college! ;)

Okay all - I have made my first crack at the Inaugural Mediterranean cruise spreadsheet. We need a name that is a lot easier to type! I have columns for names in party with screen names, category booked, stateroom, dining seating, rotation, hometown and hometown state. As I post on here I will blank out stateroom numbers and hometowns. If you see a ? in the category or hometown state number it means I don't have the detailed hidden info. This'll keep it more secure if there are people concerned about posting their stateroom number on the DIS (this concern exists on another cruise I am on). I'll be happy to email anyone that is booked on the cruise with the detailed info.

Here goes (hope this cuts and pastes well): EWWW - It didn't.... Will work on cut and paste tactics...

Sweet Sue

Traveling Cabin Category Seating Rotation Home State
"Ron (LegalBriefs)
Monica - GF" Cat 1 Late LAP NV
"Alex (first timers)
Carolyn" FL
"Kathy (littleowensmommy)
Ted - DH
Owen - DD8
Amy - DD5" Late VA
"David (Disneynut1955)
Monica - DW (not the same as Ron's GF)" Cat 1 Late LAP
"Kim (bettemom)
Bette - DM" Cat 9 - ? ? NH
"Deb (DebWills)
Linda" Cat 7 - ?
"Jeanne ? (jeanneg)
John - DH" NC
"(Hygiene99)
Peter"
"Ellen (poconoboatniks)
Bob
Kate DD12
Brett DS9
Bob
Helen
Linda
Colleen" ? Cat ?
"Ken (kpros)
Shari (spros) - DW" Cat 11 - ? Main CA
"Sandy (figment52)
Sharon - Cousin" ? Cat Late MI
"Marie (meb51)
DH
MIL
StepD (Adult)
DD15
DS11" 3 Cat 11 - ?
"Kelly (milestogo)
Jonathan
Zoe - DD4"
"Sue (sweetsue)
Barbara - DM
Christina - DD6" Cat 6 Late FL
"Nancy (NancyIL)
DH" Cat 11 Late IL
"Bob (wrabitdad)
Dale - DW" MA

poconoboatniks said:
Hi Ron, Deb & Linda,

As of now, all 8 of us from the Calif trip are booked on this trip. We'll be celebrating Mom's birthday again!

Poconoboatniks

PS Deb, Are you going to the Dis Meet in Allentown this year? We're planning on attending the event. We had a good time last year.

Hey! It sure looks like old home week on the Med Cruise now doesn't it!! Several Inaug West Coast Cruisers. Maybe this time we can actually get together on board and yack.

And yes, I'll be at Allentown again this year. Look forward to seeing you all again!!!

Deb

figment52 said:
Add us to the List

Michigan has some great wineries - how many bottles can we take out of the country? take into Spain?

I'd like to know how many bottles we can bring BACK to the US from Italy! hehe

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter