May 26, 2007 (5/26/07) "First Magical Med Cruise!!" (The M&M's!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
first timers said:
Sue-
There are three stops in Italy on the cruise and the things you can see will be something a 6 year old will remember for a lifetime. We just returned from a week in Rome. A trip to the Vatican is unbelievable. The Cistien Chapel, the Piata, St. Peter's basillica. What a great opportunity to study the history with children and then see it in person. The stop in Naples should allow for a trip to Pompei. And doing all that with Disney! This is going to be a great cruise.
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Alex

I am really looking forward to it! If you were to hit just one or two of the "must sees" on the Rome list, what would you recommend? I'm not sure my DD6 will be up to visiting everything in one day. Instead, I'd rather spend more in-depth time getting the flavor - and having an excuse to return on another trip to see the rest!

Sweet Sue

Sweet Sue

Please add 2 of us to the roster for this cruise. Myself (Kim) and my mother
(Bette). This will be our 7th Disney cruise. Last May we were able to go on the panama repo cruise which was fantastic.

We will be cruising alone since none of the other families members like to cruise. We will be in a cat 9 which we have come to really like.

Bye, Kim

Hi Everyone,

Please add me to the May 26th 11 night cruise. I am SO excited. We were also on the first West Coast Cruise out of LA a number of other Disney Cruises.

It's my first trip to Europe.. Cat 7!!

There are 2 of us (Deb and Linda) and hopefully the others in our group got their cabins too!

Deb

Please add us to the ever-growing list:

DH(John) and I are confirmed in stateroom 6128! We're delighted to be sailing with Kim and Bette again and look forward to meeting all of our new fellow cruisers. Let the celebrating begin!

Woo-Hoo!! Hi everyone! Add Peter and I to the list! I am just so excited I could bust! So happy to see so many friends, and looking forward to making lots of new ones!

Hi Ron, Deb & Linda,

As of now, all 8 of us from the Calif trip are booked on this trip. We'll be celebrating Mom's birthday again!

Poconoboatniks

PS Deb, Are you going to the Dis Meet in Allentown this year? We're planning on attending the event. We had a good time last year.

DW Shari (spros) and I will be on board - we are doing the repo and this cruise back to back in a Cat 11 on deck 6.

Ken

DebWills said:
Hi Everyone,

Please add me to the May 26th 11 night cruise. I am SO excited. We were also on the first West Coast Cruise out of LA a number of other Disney Cruises.

It's my first trip to Europe.. Cat 7!!

There are 2 of us (Deb and Linda) and hopefully the others in our group got their cabins too!

Deb

HI Deb -

Glad you are going to be on this cruise too . We had a blast with you last year on the Ing. Mexico. Cousin Sharon and I have our confirmation for this one too. It is going to be so much fun.

I had to make a count down ticker for this one. But I have to concentrate on Alaska for the next few months lest my travel group will think I lost interest in it - lol.

We are going to have so much fun.

I'm seeing a lot of familiar names from the May Repo cruise to California. :) We didn't get to know many of you very well (there was just too much to do on that cruise :goodvibes) but I really enjoyed following the precruise discussion on the cruise meet thread and look forward to all the good information for this cruise. There are six of us in 3 cat 11s. Me, DH, MIL, Adult stepdaughter, DD (age 15 at time of cruise), DS (age 11).

Marie

Posted this earlier on another thread:
Hi everyone,
After a long phone wait (1:15min.), we booked online and then got all the details we wanted taken care of over the phone. We were lucky to get the repo 5/12 then the 11 night med. with the rooms we wanted. Is anyone else doing both cruises? We wanted to make this the big trip before our DD heads off to Kindergarten. I'm curious how many others are able to do a May trip before school is out? I heard that the Panama repo in May was not as crowded as the August - anyone know if that is true? Hope to see you there and we can't wait to eat the food in France and Italy - good thing the gym was expanded!
Now that I found the cruise meets thread, I'm getting goose bumps at how many of you were on the first west coast cruise. We went 5/28/06 and loved it so much that we went again while it was on the west coast on 7/17/06. This is very exciting!

Did you find there were a lot of "kinks" to be worked out, since it was the first time DCL had sailed to some of those ports? I'm asking because I would love to sail on the May 26th Med. cruise, but am nervous about it being the "guinea pig cruise"!

Yes, there were a few glitches. When we arrived at the terminal the computers crashed and it took them about 3-4 hours to get us through the line and on the boat. We arrived at 10:45am missed the lunch and barely got around before the very exciting departure. By our second cruise a month and a half later, it was smoooooooooth! People were very understanding about it.

There was little confusion about all the time changes and some missed there excursions.

Everything else was a dream come true, obviously.... since we booked two!

My concern is where will the luggage go if we are on the repo and the first med cruise? We don't want to carry it around Barcelona for a few hours (ha-ha) Any thoughts on how that works for those of you who took the Panama repo and inaugural cruise?

4fosterkids said:
Hi Ron
We met you on the 7/2 West Coast cruise, and enjoyed our tour and party in the suite on the 4th of July! Ahh...great memories!
Congrats on your new bookings. I'm very bummed we cannot do either repo cruise this time. My teacher friends cannot get that time off. We are hoping to get on one of the late June or Mid July cruises. I look forward to hearing all about your ventures...you guys know how to do it up good!
Take care
Jill and family/friends from the 7/2/05 cruise
Jill, great to hear from you! :yay: I wish you could join us... we had fun on that cruise, :banana: didn't we! I hope you are able to make one of the Med cruises... we'll miss you on this one! :guilty:

AnnaS said:
Ron -

What happened/where is Barb (Barb & Tony)? I don't see her name listed on the moderator list either. I was just wondering if she booked one of the the repo cruises or one of the med. cruises.
Anna, I am not sure about that... :confused3 I'll ask around and see what I can find out...

Sue :welcome:
Deb :welcome:
Kim :welcome:
Jeanne/John :welcome:
The "Pocono Crew" :welcome:
Ken/Shari :welcome:
Sandy :welcome:
Marie :welcome:
"milestogo" :welcome:

Did I miss Anyone??? :confused3 I hope not! Wow, I had a busy day at work and the board has truly grown!! :thumbsup2 It is GREAT to see quite a few familiar faces!! :woohoo: Now, I must ask, if any of you are ORGANIZED please take control of keeping the lists, as I am not really skilled in that area... :badpc: We should also plan some fun events... The obvious ones are a DIS meet on Embarkation Day :grouphug: , a gathering in our Roy Disney Suite party: , and a Pirate Get-Together... but, we could also think about a wine mixer (where everyone brings a wine native to their state :drinking1 , though, I'm not sure a Las Vegas wine would taste very good... lol) and I generally like to plan 3 nights of meetings where we get out and dance, the typical ones are 70's night, 80's night, and Kareoke night.... :dancer: please share your ideas...

I made it! :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

I didn't quite get that fancy suite. Someone else seems to be booked in the Roy - now who could that be? Hmmm, guess I'll just have to dress up as a DIS'r and crash the party. :rotfl2:

It'll be me, DM and DD5 (6 by then). I got my rebooking credit and discount too! :cool1:

I love the idea of any kind of wine party. But let me tell you - you do NOT want wine from the state of Florida. :sick: :headache: :crazy: However, I might be persuaded to bring a bottle out of my Florida version of a wine cellar.

Sounds like we'll have lots of things to do and lots of fun. I'd love to help out howeer I can.

Sweet Sue

Sign us up for all of it, Ron. Since we'll be in the process of moving from Virginia back to California during the cruise, we'll bring a bottle from each state to the wine mixer.

Ron,

I am coming to visit you tomorrow (Wed.). I will save a case (or two) of champagne for this cruise and smuggle it aboard during the repo. I have six bottles of Cristal for us...Do we need one each night? Remember buying them in port while in Mexico? I am planning ahead this time!!

Disneynut1955 said:
Ron,

I am coming to visit you tomorrow (Wed.). I will save a case (or two) of champagne for this cruise and smuggle it aboard during the repo. I have six bottles of Cristal for us...Do we need one each night? Remember buying them in port while in Mexico? I am planning ahead this time!!

Hey buddy, I recall that... For those of you not privy to the story, we heard that you could get good deal on alcohol in one of the ports we visited in mexico, so, with this in mind, and at the behest of a Disney server (who asked us to get a fancy bottle of Champagne that he could share with his fiance' :love2: ala Dom Perignon) we set out in a taxi :crazy: to find a few bottles, and well, long story short, after $50 in taxi fare and 4 liquor shops we came back empty handed :confused3 ... the prices were ridiculous! But, that does make for some funny stories! :rotfl2:

Sue :love: , know what would be a BIG help? Could you keep a list of everyone who comes on, their travelling party, cabin #, ages of children (so kids of like ages can play together), and dining rotation? I am horrible with that stuff and if you could post it periodically, that would be great! :hug:

I'll start the info off...
Ron with Monica (gf), 8530, Late, LAP

I'll go next:

Kathy and Ted, DS8 Owen and DD5 Amy, 6054, Early, LAP

Ron, I decided to do APL on the repo and LAP on the Med. Do you think we'll be able to find out about special theming and formal nights ahead of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter