May 20th, 2023 - 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona (Toulon, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples, Palma de Mallorca)

Since we had such an active thread here on the DIS for this cruise, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a DISboards Meet & Greet? If yes, what time do you think would work well?

Thanks for the thought @Flossbolna but I think we are going to stay anon on this cruise. My husband has been really busy at work and we haven’t spent a lot of time together recently due to this so going to take this time to really enjoy a nice week just together.

I’m getting excited now, we did our last bit of planning and a lot of clothes shopping the weekend :)

We decided to cancel the ‘Florence on your Own’ DCL tour and just take the train as it works out a lot cheaper. Also that tour doesn’t begin until at least 90 minutes after docking.

Thanks for the thought @Flossbolna but I think we are going to stay anon on this cruise. My husband has been really busy at work and we haven’t spent a lot of time together recently due to this so going to take this time to really enjoy a nice week just together.

I’m getting excited now, we did our last bit of planning and a lot of clothes shopping the weekend :)

We decided to cancel the ‘Florence on your Own’ DCL tour and just take the train as it works out a lot cheaper. Also that tour doesn’t begin until at least 90 minutes after docking.
I totally understand! It was just a thought I had and decided to see if there is any interest. Hey, I am on the DIS and not Facebook because I like the anonymity, so I totally get it!

We decided to take Livorno easy and just go to Pisa for a couple of hours. I was dreading the amount of travel involved to get to Florence…

I’m normally up for a Disney meet too! We’ve had such a busy year already and it’s only May 1st :surfweb: I’m not sure we are going to manage another vacation this year too as we need to do some remodeling. I’d much rather spend the money on another trip!

I don’t blame you re Florence/Pisa. There seems to be so much to do in Florence too, I think it could be a trip on its own. I’m glad we are only going Pompeii in Naples as we are back on board at midday. So I feel like at least we are doing something we are interested in but having a bit of relaxation that day as this will be a busy cruise!

I’m normally up for a Disney meet too! We’ve had such a busy year already and it’s only May 1st :surfweb: I’m not sure we are going to manage another vacation this year too as we need to do some remodeling. I’d much rather spend the money on another trip!

I don’t blame you re Florence/Pisa. There seems to be so much to do in Florence too, I think it could be a trip on its own. I’m glad we are only going Pompeii in Naples as we are back on board at midday. So I feel like at least we are doing something we are interested in but having a bit of relaxation that day as this will be a busy cruise!
I hear you on the cruise being busy. I am really a bit sad about there only bring one sea day. It’s hard not fo something on land when we are in ports that are new to us!

I don’t need the stress with all the flight cancellations of Transavia.
I have a medical exam on the 17th. Hopefully nothing serious.

Hope everything goes well. The cruise will hopefully be a good break/distraction for you.

@fitnessmouse Sorry to hear you have unneeded stress! Hope it all works out!

No room here either so far.

We are go I get to start packing today! :cool1: We leave a week from today as we go first to Cologne for a few days before flying to Barcelona. We have tickets for an Elton John concert in Cologne which we bought in October 2019!! Concert was moved twice due to German Covid restrictions, so we are very excited that we finally - nearly 4 years later - are going to see him.

We also don’t have a cabin number yet (for GTY). Does anyone know if Disney sends suitcase tags overseas to Europe? Or do we have to pick them up at the luggage porter at the cruise terminal?

We are beginning to pack today too! We moved our son home from his first year at college so we are ready to go! I’m sorry do not know about luggage tags for Europeans!

P.S. If anyone has made definitive plans for Toulon please share we are still so undecided about doing Aix, Cassis, Bandol, or le Castellet!

We also don’t have a cabin number yet (for GTY). Does anyone know if Disney sends suitcase tags overseas to Europe? Or do we have to pick them up at the luggage porter at the cruise terminal?
They do send them. But with the slowest ship they can find. Many people report about getting them after the cruise….

We are beginning to pack today too! We moved our son home from his first year at college so we are ready to go! I’m sorry do not know about luggage tags for Europeans!

P.S. If anyone has made definitive plans for Toulon please share we are still so undecided about doing Aix, Cassis, Bandol, or le Castellet!
I think we will do the Aix excursion. My father who knows Provence well says it’s a beautiful place. We don’t like the long coach ride and the early start time (we like to sleep in on vacation). But we are at 90% likelihood of keeping the excursion currently.

We are doing a wine tour - we get to go to 3 wineries and get lunch at a Michelin starred restaurant. It was a little expensive for a day but we get picked up, visits to the wineries and then that gorgeous lunch so I’m hoping it will be worth it. Not sure if I can share the name of the tour but it’s not with Disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter