**May 2023 car rental**

Costco dropped to $468.40 for me through Alamo today...still not as low as car rental savers but much closer than it has been!

I've bought our plane tickets; so I used Autoslash to get a car through Hertz. I've got an intermediate SUV for $468 for 9 days. I'll check back at the end of the week and see if the price has gone down. My rates for my Feb trip went down up to 2 weeks before the start of the rental; so I'll be checking multiple times.

Mine also 5/1 to 5/8 midsize for $363 and mentions that I can pickup at Terminal C in the Location notes. Hopefully someone will verify that soon.

This was the response I got from Hertz

"Thank you for contacting us. I appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns.

We always strive to provide the best service possible and truly value your business. We apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for being a loyal customer and for showing interest in Hertz car rental. I can understand that you want your concern addressed properly. This is to confirm that our records indicate that the reservation number XXXXXXXX is booked under your loyalty account. Therefore, upon pickup, you may be eligible to skip the counter at the time of pickup."

"May be eligible"
So kind of a non answer 🤪

The rental I have through Alamo had me fill out the accelerated check in and skip the line process stating the van would be waiting for me and the keys would be in the vehicle...right now there is about a $35ish dollar difference between my costco rental and my carrentalsavers rental-which I did not expect considering the drastic difference when I first started looking!

Make sure you join Hertz’s reward program so you can skip the line when you get to the airport!
My first rental after joining the Hertz rewards program I did have to go to the counter to show my license and credit card in person but it's been super easy since. A previous trip to LAX last year, I even got a text while getting off the plane saying our car was ready, where it was, and to go directly there.

After standing in lines for over an hour for previous rentals with budget (even with their rewards program we waited 30-60 mins at the garage kiosk) I am hoping Hertz goes as smoothly at MCO. I don't think we've used them there yet but I honestly can't recall

I'd definitely go to a neighborhood location to see if they can help you set it up prior to your trip if possible!

I've already gotten a reduction and I switched to a compact SUV for even more of one. For May 11-20, I'm paying $420 through Hertz.

After standing in lines for over an hour for previous rentals with budget (even with their rewards program we waited 30-60 mins at the garage kiosk) I am hoping Hertz goes as smoothly at MCO. I don't think we've used them there yet but I honestly can't recall
Every time, my name is on the board telling me where to go for my car. Once, I went back in and asked to switch cars so we had more trunk space for my mom's ECV. They were very accommodating and it only took a couple of minutes for the switch.

I've already gotten a reduction and I switched to a compact SUV for even more of one. For May 11-20, I'm paying $420 through Hertz.

Every time, my name is on the board telling me where to go for my car. Once, I went back in and asked to switch cars so we had more trunk space for my mom's ECV. They were very accommodating and it only took a couple of minutes for the switch.
We've got our 9 day res (for April but I didn't see a thread and joined this one, lol) also through Hertz down to $389 for a midsize SUV. I will keep stalking but I'm happy since we started at over $600 initially.

Was that name on the board for Hertz? That's reassuring! Budget has a spot for fastbreak res but it never has the cars preassigned for most folks.

Was that name on the board for Hertz? That's reassuring! Budget has a spot for fastbreak res but it never has the cars preassigned for most folks.
Yes, though with Alamo it was done the same way if I am remembering correctly (it was April 2021). I won't do Budget at MCO based on reports here (and elsewhere) and seeing the insane lines. My time and sanity are well worth an additional bit of money to get the car much faster.

Last edited:
My compact SUV through Hertz (via Autoslash and Priceline) has gone down to $380 for 9 days. I'll check again on Friday to see if there is another reduction.

My compact SUV through Hertz (via Autoslash and Priceline) has gone down to $380 for 9 days. I'll check again on Friday to see if there is another reduction.
You may want to price out a midsize with Hertz and see if it's less. That would still give you access to the Gold aisle where I've always seen at least a few compact SUVs.

You may want to price out a midsize with Hertz and see if it's less. That would still give you access to the Gold aisle where I've always seen at least a few compact SUVs.
It's been more expensive every time by $20-30. There's only 3 of us; so it hasn't been worth it to change back to an intermediate since we don't need the extra space.

I think rental car prices have risen because of Spring Break and the Easter holiday even though we are renting during those times. I am planning on waiting until after Easter to start looking, hopefully they will come down.

I've noticed that the price seems to go up the day after I get a new good price. Usually it goes down again in a few days. But, that is why I check often as I want to know when I've reached the bottom price.

They're about $50 higher than my lowest prices on both costco and car rental savers right now-I'm happy with my current price...but I wouldn't be upset if it ended up lower lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter