**May 2023 car rental**

Probably a dumb question, but are the prices you’re getting including tax?

yes but watch closely. I think it's Budget that I search for rates on their website. The initial price doesn't include tax so it can look like a good deal but it actually isn't. Also, Dollar has this weird partial pay now and partial pay at the counter - it might be just if you use "pay now". In reading the terms and conditions, I was thoroughly confused if I could get a full refund or not so I have avoided them.

Hi all,
I recently reserved my rental car for May 2023 and thought I would start a thread with my experiences with prices etc so far.
The details:
Minivan rental from 05/05-05/12
Renting through Costco Travel

So far pricing has been as follows:
Started at $596 through Budget
Dropped to $583 through Budget (canceled and rebooked for this price)
Dropped to $575 through Alamo (canceled and rebooked for this price)

Carrentalsavers
Dropped to $507 through Hertz
Dropped to $424 through Hertz(canceled and rebooked for this price)

Hoping for some further drops!
Thank you! I didn't know about this website.

I was choking at the $600-700 tag on the rental cars for my May 2023 trip.

I just reserved on carrental savers for May 13-23 for $452.11 (all inclusive) with Hertz. It did not require a credit card, which is the only way I'll book a car through a 3rd party.

Thank you! I didn't know about this website.

I was choking at the $600-700 tag on the rental cars for my May 2023 trip.

I just reserved on carrental savers for May 13-23 for $452.11 (all inclusive) with Hertz. It did not require a credit card, which is the only way I'll book a car through a 3rd party.
Make sure you join Hertz’s reward program so you can skip the line when you get to the airport!

Following this thread now that Delta's flights for May are starting to come down in price. I used Autoslash in Dec and Feb with great results; so I'll start there once I get the flights.

Make sure you join Hertz’s reward program so you can skip the line when you get to the airport!

I have joined, added it to my reservation but it still says I need to go to the counter. I messaged them and was told that you can skip the counter after your first reservation - they need to see/scan your license and cc. I might consider stopping by my local Hertz rental to see if they can do that.

I have joined, added it to my reservation but it still says I need to go to the counter. I messaged them and was told that you can skip the counter after your first reservation - they need to see/scan your license and cc. I might consider stopping by my local Hertz rental to see if they can do that.
Ah...ok I did see that on one of the companies I looked at but not on Hertz(could have completely missed it) I thought mine said I could go straight to the car and that my name would be on some sort of board. I do know that they have a separate line for the reward's club members so maybe that will help keep things moving. I'd love to know if going to a local office helps!

That's strange. I was able to skip the counter with my first Hertz reservation and all since then.

@PrincesCJM did you join prior to your reservation being made?
Yes I did. I have made and canceled several reservations. Maybe because I'm not prepaying for them.

If the local office can't help, we've already decided that my husband and I will divide and conquer. He'll take our oldest to collect our luggage and I'll take our youngest to get in line for the car. (husband isn't very patient with the youngest so he'll do better with me)

Yes I did. I have made and canceled several reservations. Maybe because I'm not prepaying for them.

If the local office can't help, we've already decided that my husband and I will divide and conquer. He'll take our oldest to collect our luggage and I'll take our youngest to get in line for the car. (husband isn't very patient with the youngest so he'll do better with me)
I will probably take a similar approach when we go...send my husband off to get the luggage with my son and handle the rental process myself(if it comes down to it) I can't imagine he will enjoy waiting in line with me if I have to take that approach lol

I also did not prepay. I did add my license info when I joined the program (can't remember if that was required or if I did it for the sake of saving time day of) I am still not seeing anywhere in my reservation that I will need to go to the counter first. Here's to hoping that what I'm seeing is the truth. If not, I have a plan B ☺️

I was prompted to join specifically so I would not have to go to the counter. WEird.

This is what I see when I pull up the reservation. Now, I wonder if for some reason, I need to stop by the counter for the codes used on the reservation. Carrentalsavers got me the rate.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.42.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.42.05 AM.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.44.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.44.35 AM.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 6
I would guess that it's due to the discount code being used. I've not used any discount code like that because autoslash got my reservation through priceline each time.

This is what I see when I pull up the reservation. Now, I wonder if for some reason, I need to stop by the counter for the codes used on the reservation. Carrentalsavers got me the rate.
Hmmm I am going to reach out to them myself since I have the same coupons etc...I'll see if I get a different answer and report back!

I wonder if it IS because of having the new rewards program membership?

I have never used it before-so I wonder if I will end up being in the same boat

Last edited:
I’m guessing it’s because of the Visa promo code. Makes sense that they would need to see the actual visa. Report back!

I’m guessing it’s because of the Visa promo code. Makes sense that they would need to see the actual visa. Report back!
Awww crud...I have a MC on file with them...the only Visa I have is my debit card which I am not sure they even take

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter