May 2010 WDW DIS Meet...May 2009 was great let's do it again!

And by the way Amy, I'm in for the Biergarten-those are my people ya know! I gotta join in on that one.

Are you German? I am half German.

Yelp! I don't know how much, but I know that one part of my family came over at some point recently. My mom has the trunk they packed all their belongings in and the original family picture. I believe my great-great grandma was a girl then. Most of one side of my family is from Zelienople, PA/Butler, PA near Pittsburgh

Yelp! I don't know how much, but I know that one part of my family came over at some point recently. My mom has the trunk they packed all their belongings in and the original family picture. I believe my great-great grandma was a girl then. Most of one side of my family is from Zelienople, PA/Butler, PA near Pittsburgh

Biergarten smells like my grandmother's kitchen when she was cooking pot roast...it was the first thing I noticed when I walked in.

Biergarten smells like my grandmother's kitchen when she was cooking pot roast...it was the first thing I noticed when I walked in.
Awww how sweet! See I am not fond of bratwurst and all that crud, I am a sausage hater. lol But I can make a mean pot roast. My Great Grandma used to be a kick-*** apple pie maker, I know that. My Grandma said that she was a really good cook. Unfortunately she had Alzheimers when I was young but old enough to remember her so I don't remember her cooking much.

My Great-Grandpa was funny! Telling jokes all the time, I have a funny picture of them both in a frame I'll have to upload and show you.

Would have to bring her and the party of about a 100 hundred I think...lol

Between family and friends this is a big deal for her at 30!! She's going to disney with hubby and friends this Sept to party for one year anniv.

Wil have to see for May next year.

So who is jducky??

Patty

Ok...no big deal jducky..you are the mystery person and kinda like that!! New people are always welcomed. :thumbsup2

Slumming..is that me?? OHHHH like that too!!

Going to make May work one way or another!!

Patty

You always make it work to get your trip in somehow... and am sure there are other ops.

I thought you were in chat that one late night before the December meet with the first crawl (that never left the Poly), when I got picked on about having not stayed at a value and someone said I would be slumming :confused: No matter... it was awhile ago.

I have stayed at Pop and it was okay... I just like the deluxe and mods.

I think May is doable for me. And Biergarten sounds good too. I have a lot of nice memories from Germany. Also will be there in October but don't think the dates are the same.

I think May is doable for me. And Biergarten sounds good too. I have a lot of nice memories from Germany. Also will be there in October but don't think the dates are the same.

ok well I will take on the task of organizing a Biergarten dinner as it gets closer.

Not sure I can make it. It's kind of last minute, and a lot of travel arrangements would need to be made. I'll just have to say maybe for now...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I know who JDUCKY is. Just think of someone whose name starts with a 'J', who recently moved to someplace close to WDW, and who seems to know everyone here pretty well (some more than others). ;)

I hope you are joking...

I hoped it would be so obvious that you wouldn't have to ask. I even added "It's kind of last minute" for that very reason. Besides, has anyone here ever known me to joke? Or be sarcastic? Really? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I hoped it would be so obvious that you wouldn't have to ask. I even added "It's kind of last minute" for that very reason. Besides, has anyone here ever known me to joke? Or be sarcastic? Really? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm a little slow sometimes :)

Not sure I can make it. It's kind of last minute, and a lot of travel arrangements would need to be made. I'll just have to say maybe for now...

You have the year to prepare...you may need it LOL (not that we were a rowdy group at all..)

Hello Peeps!!! I miss you all dearly!! :grouphug:

The past few weeks have been a crazy whirlwind but I think things are starting to slow down a bit.

I am sooo on board for next May. The weekend of the 15th works great for me. My birthday is May 13th and I plan to be back at WDW next year to celebrate. I can't wait to see you guys again.

As far as accommodations go, I'm flexible. I want to stay wherever the group is...I felt so isolated this trip. I'm fine with whatever the group decides.

Hmm, I am interested in getting in on some of this May action! What's the weather like that time of year? It's been a long time since I lived in Florida. Gotta make sure I have enough money too!

Hey all,

I'm a newbie...saw this thread and thought it'd be a lot of fun to do w/o DH (who is def not a huge disney fan...and I need more dis in my life!). I've never been before tho (to a meetup) - what's the meet? who/how many usually go? Would i be the odd one out being there alone?

Oh and fyi - i'm 26, married, no kids (pets are my kids...) and wasn't allowed to love disney growing :confused3 up so i'm making up for lost time :woohoo:

-Lauren

Hmm, I am interested in getting in on some of this May action! What's the weather like that time of year? It's been a long time since I lived in Florida. Gotta make sure I have enough money too!

Hi Valree
the weather can varie a little from mild with little or no humidity to very hot. The last few years, May has been on the mild side with little to some humidity. When we went this past year, we missed the week of the almost constant rain that hit Florida. Normally neither stop the group(s) because they go back and cool off if needed at a pool or something.

Hey all,

I'm a newbie...saw this thread and thought it'd be a lot of fun to do w/o DH (who is def not a huge disney fan...and I need more dis in my life!). I've never been before tho (to a meetup) - what's the meet? who/how many usually go? Would i be the odd one out being there alone?

Oh and fyi - i'm 26, married, no kids (pets are my kids...) and wasn't allowed to love disney growing :confused3 up so i'm making up for lost time :woohoo:

-Lauren

Lauren welcome and sorry you werent allowed to love Disney when you were younger. The meets have different things that happen, and are optional to do what works for you. Last year there was a monorail crawl, dinners, think Kim Possible was done too. The original trip was just a couple people, then it was about 18, then last year was listed over 30 on the old thread. Some people stay close to each other (like at Pop) and others stay at their DVC or other resorts that they like. Most would be there alone and without their children, so you wouldnt be the odd one out at all. They are a nice bunch of people and will make you feel welcome! So start planning ;)

Lauren welcome and sorry you werent allowed to love Disney when you were younger. The meets have different things that happen, and are optional to do what works for you. Last year there was a monorail crawl, dinners, think Kim Possible was done too. The original trip was just a couple people, then it was about 18, then last year was listed over 30 on the old thread. Some people stay close to each other (like at Pop) and others stay at their DVC or other resorts that they like. Most would be there alone and without their children, so you wouldnt be the odd one out at all. They are a nice bunch of people and will make you feel welcome! So start planning ;)

Thanks for the welcome!! It sounds like it'd be SO much fun to have some people to meet up with. I've never gone solo so this would be a good place to start! :woohoo:

What's the age ranges for the ppl who usually come? Mostly women?

I'd prob either stay at a moderate or rent points for a dvc resort such as BCV, AKV, or BLT. After a letter to Disney regarding very good things I encountered and a couple not so good things, they actually listened so I have a free night at a moderate...:cloud9:

Also...what dates does everyone usually do? I heard something about 5-days long, over the weekend before Memorial day which totally works for me!! :cool1:

:goodvibes Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter