May 2009 WDW Meet. . .

Okay so here is the poll. . .which weekend in May?

• Weekend of 15th, 16th and 17th

• Weekend of 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th

• Weekend of 29th, 30th and 31st

Results are only viewable after voting.
Funny sounds like a place I grew up

What kind of ice cream?

As cold as it is up there where y'all are at it is the kind of cream that turns to ice cream before it ever leaves the cow !!!! Brrsy, dont know how y'all stand it....

As cold as it is up there where y'all are at it is the kind of cream that turns to ice cream before it ever leaves the cow !!!!

Now that's cold! Any the phrasing of it is funny. I sure hope everyone up in the frozen tundra are doing ok. I'm sure they are wishing they were in WDW today. Here in (North) Florida it got up to the 60's today. Started with a sweater and had to peel it off. There is a reason I live in Florida (and the weather is pretty good too - :goodvibes )

Now that's cold! Any the phrasing of it is funny. I sure hope everyone up in the frozen tundra are doing ok. I'm sure they are wishing they were in WDW today. Here in (North) Florida it got up to the 60's today. Started with a sweater and had to peel it off. There is a reason I live in Florida (and the weather is pretty good too - :goodvibes )

Which is why I am going to be moving to Fl within the next few years....:lmao:

Got a questions about the May meet as I've never done one before.

Is this type of meet one where we all hang out the entire time, or come and go as you please? I know someone talked about a monorail crawl (sounds great). What about any meals or rides or such? Do we all stay at the same resort?

I'm asking as I haven't done one before and I would like an idea of what to expect. Also, I'd like to make a hotel reservation and ADRs soon.

Thanks for helping out a "meet" newbie.

Is this type of meet one where we all hang out the entire time, or come and go as you please? I know someone talked about a monorail crawl (sounds great). What about any meals or rides or such? Do we all stay at the same resort?

I'm asking as I haven't done one before and I would like an idea of what to expect. Also, I'd like to make a hotel reservation and ADRs soon.

You can feel free to do whatever you want to do. Some people will do a large group dinner, others just make their own plans. Might be a plan to be in a specific park and go to different rides together or just meet up and have some drinks. Several have stayed at Pop and a few will stay elsewhere.

So stay where you like, and keep posted and you have a better idea of what might be planned. The monorail crawl starting at Tambu is still up in the air. I have a friend that works in Management checking on May hours as they arent posted yet. So will let everyone know soon.

Keep me posted too.. I'm still interested in getting together with everyone!:)

You can feel free to do whatever you want to do. Some people will do a large group dinner, others just make their own plans. Might be a plan to be in a specific park and go to different rides together or just meet up and have some drinks. Several have stayed at Pop and a few will stay elsewhere.

So stay where you like, and keep posted and you have a better idea of what might be planned. The monorail crawl starting at Tambu is still up in the air. I have a friend that works in Management checking on May hours as they arent posted yet. So will let everyone know soon.

Last year we had some "organized" events (be at the slushie booth in France on Thursday at 3 p.m.) and other days some "not so organized" events. Hey, are you up yet? Yeah, lets go to Animal Kingdom this morning. . .lol. My point being is that many of us stayed in the same hotel and even though there were organized events, most of the time life just happened. I can Type A plan but am not creative (used to have to be for work). Sha can do both. My life is in sort of a mixed bag of stuff right now so until after the last weekend in Jan I am not free to really plan anything. Last May was the first time I met dissers and I have been having a ball with disfriends ever since. Trust me, if you are a classic type A planner, JUST MAKE PLANS and tell EVERYONE (By plans I mean tell EVERYONE that you will be at Jellyrolls on "tuesday" at 8:30 p.m. and have RED hair and will be with a tall skinny blond and an EXTREMELY tall male. . .here is my picture, if you are there, say Hi - cause we would never miss that). Other than that, most meets are "conceived" cause "Carrie and Darcy" mentioned they would be at Tune In Lounge on Friday at 3 p.m. Next thing you know there are 20 Dissers at Tune In Lounge (by the way, this place holds 10. . .lol). Another popular meeting is at Teppan Edo. . .some solo disser makes ressies for 8 (a typical seating) then sends out an invite to friends. . .those that accept are added to the ressie until the table is full. Teppan Edo is a great place for friends to meet cause they bill each party separately. . .if you are a party of one, you get a separate bill.

I would be happy to put some planning together for the May Meet if some past May cohorts would help out (Sha, I can print and mail but not create. . .lol). . .I think starting a list now and setting a final date at 45 days and then starting the mailings would work. . .ya think?

I will talk to some of those interested and see what works. Then we will figure a poll closing date and an info gathering time. . .give me 24 hrs to wrap my head around this. . .

I am new to all this as well and I was kinda thinking the same things ....
hmmm monarail crawl or resort crawl would be kinda fun ya a thought ... I am new so what do I know LMAO

Thanks for the answers. I'm hoping to make a Le Cellier ADR as I still haven't been able to go there. I didn't want to make it on a day where other stuff is happening - esp. the monorail crawl. I'd be happy to include others in the ADR though. Not sure if I want lunch or dinner yet - have to go check out the menus first. The idea some of you threw out for Teppan Edo sounds interesting as well. The concept sounds similar to a place in my town on Kan-Ki (or something like that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter