May 2009 WDW Meet. . .

Okay so here is the poll. . .which weekend in May?

• Weekend of 15th, 16th and 17th

• Weekend of 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th

• Weekend of 29th, 30th and 31st

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wanted to try that Kona Longboard beer but I stuck to the coffee drinks trying to wake up. What kind of beer was it? May have to stop in the lounge next week and try one.

Longboard is a lager, they also have a pale ale, the name of which I do not remember. (Tracy knows about my loss of memory:)). I do know the Longboard is on tap at the lounge there.

Have a good time at the Poly that evening, but you are gonna love the BC!

Longboard is a lager, they also have a pale ale, the name of which I do not remember. (Tracy knows about my loss of memory:)). I do know the Longboard is on tap at the lounge there.

Have a good time at the Poly that evening, but you are gonna love the BC!

oohh pale ale. Ok well now that we are having dinner there I can have one with dinner and than get one at the lounge :). I think I'll have more fun at Poly that night with my daughter than going to Jellyrolls by myself. Plus I know she will be happy she isn't going to the Sandcastle Club...though I think she would have had a good time there.

I stayed at the Beach Club last year for a work conference and loved it! But I have to say I loved POP too...more than I thought I would. It's going to be a great trip!

That torte was to die for.

In fact I am seriously considering redoing our Saturday plans, cancelling Spoodles, childcare and Jellyrolls. I would love my daughter to see the Poly...may see if I can get a Kona ADR, wander around the resort and watch Wishes from the beach.

EDIT: I just called and changed it. Kona, Poly and fireworks on Saturday instead of Spoodles, childcare and Jellyrolls. I am so excited!

Yay!!! Enjoy the torte!!!

I am absolutely flabberghasted. Florida recruiters have been emailing me for the last year, but SERIOUSLY FOLKS. I am home a few days and they are CALLING now. I do NOT believe I did anything more than sign my name to a credit card statement all weekend. How is it that every local recruiter suddenly has my name and number? Believe me it makes me want to pack and go, but I am a realist. . .I will wait for the most fitting offer. Its kind of funny cause I haven't really decided where on the East Coast I want to move but hey, can't hurt to entertain the offers now can it?

RoseAnne and I had a wonderful trip and we have many of you to thank for that. As she's already posted, it meant a lot to both of us that she was made to feel welcome by you, especially those of you who had already embraced me and one another from previous trips and gatherings. The people I've been fortunate to come to know from the DIS are among the best people I know and I'm blessed to have you in my life.

Our trip began on Friday. After checking in at POP, our day began with lunch at the SSR Turf Club where we were joined by Angy, Mel, Carrie, & Bart. Having lunch only steps away from the clubhouse at Lake Buena Vista Golf Course tested my discipline a bit (I have a DVC golf membership that’s almost as vocal as my AP) but I resisted the temptation and we enjoyed a pleasant welcome to the World meal with good friends. Afterwards, we ran into Teresa and Sha which was a really nice surprise!

We made it back to POP for some pool time where we met up with Andrea, Darcy, Patty, Robin, Ken, and Corrina.. It wasn’t long before we organized a synchronized swimming team, and I thought we did a commendable job for not having much time to rehearse. Amy joined us after a short while and as she’s already reported, I couldn't resist giving her a big soggy hug! – Amy, I’m only a little sorry for getting you all chlorinated after you’d already showered and changed, but now that you know me you know to expect those kinds of things :).

Later on we arrived at the Poly and walked around the resort before having drinks at the Tambu Lounge where we met up with Carrie and Mel and were entertained by some dude who sounded like he’d been chain-drinking all day. That was followed by dinner at Kona with Tracy and her intimate gang of ..how many? 17? :). Anyway, what a fabulous meal and a fun time! Best memory of that evening was what I’ll call the Kona word game with Andrea. Those of you who know Andrea know that she has an amazing talent for word play, and well, the combination of that and Kona’s use of exotic words for its food and drink, like “lapu lapu” and “authentic poke” made for some hilarious group banter. Big thanks go out to Tracy for putting it all together and for tolerating my public shout out to you for organizing this gathering!

The next morning, we were determined to find a local Starbucks for some good coffee to start the day. So Carrie joined us on what turned out to be a frustrating search along Rte 192. We ended up at a McDonald’s where the breakfast sandwiches were fine, but as in trips past they managed to screw up my iced coffee order - not once, but twice! (is it really that difficult to fill a plastic cup with ice and pour black coffee over it?! LOL). Anyway, armed with coffee and food, we headed to AK for rope drop to begin what would be one of the best days I’ve ever experienced at WDW, and this despite a brief snafu at guest relations with our passes (eventually they replaced both my AP and RoseAnne’s unexpired park hopper ticket with 2 days remaining on it). The 3 of us made it to the rope and counted down to make our ways into Asia and Africa, with RoseAnne getting FP’s at Kilimanjaro Safari while Carrie and I went to EE where we would meet up with Mel and Charlene, and then saw Augie and corralled him for a group ride on EE. Then we joined Angy for a second turn on EE, and headed over to KS to meet up with RoseAnne for a beautiful 2-week trip through Harambe. We later joined up with Darcy, Patty, Bart, Andrea, Jerry, Corrina, and Ken for Lion King (did I miss anyone?..we were a formidable herd of elephants!). Love that show! ..brings out my inner tumble monkey LOL. Next, we managed to get RoseAnne onto EE and she loved it!! (thanks Augie for the FP’s!) After lunch at Flame Tree, we took a second trip to Harambe before converting RoseAnne’s park ticket into an AP and then we returned to POP for some relaxing pool time where Tracy and Andrea made fun of my skittishness over some menacing clouds overhead! (they were menacing I tell you! lol). Dinner at Citricos that evening was a delight. Jerry, Andrea, Corrina, and Amy joined us for a memorable meal and great conversation. Andrea was kind enough to thank our friendly and attentive waiter on behalf of the group and in her own appreciative way.

Amy covered the rest of the night really well in a previous post, so I won’t go into detail here. Just a few highlights - lawnchair sandwich, Wishes from the beach, goofy pics on the pier, “what happens in the front of the monorail, stays in the front of the monorail”, Spectromagic – up close and personal, and Splash Mt. at midnight. What a memorable day!

*to be continued with Part II*

Tom Tom Tom

Where to start.

Your just a rad dude. Now I do love Roseanne more but that is only because we are Tattoo Soul Sista's. Anywho.

Just a quick hi and I had a blast with ya'll. (2 words).

Highlights of my trip ..... The ice tea machine at POP seriously I still talk about it everyday and something else I can not mention on the boards.

Was great meeting everyone and seeing faces I already knew. Although I was there in body my heart was back home. Timing of the trip just was off. But still had a great trip.

Rock on peeps.

That torte was to die for.

In fact I am seriously considering redoing our Saturday plans, cancelling Spoodles, childcare and Jellyrolls. I would love DD to see the Poly...may see if I can get a Kona ADR, wander around the resort and watch Wishes from the beach.

EDIT: I just called and changed it. Kona, Poly and fireworks on Saturday instead of Spoodles, childcare and Jellyrolls. I am so excited!

You can get a Dole Whip downstairs and take out to the beach to watch the fireworks.

Amy, I like your new plans better. You will both share a great memory together of the Poly and Wishes!! Great job!!!

Carrie, Well sista...I miss you. I need another lunch at the Turf Club...that sandwich was great, not to mention the company and conversation...:hug:

Carrie, Well sista...I miss you. I need another lunch at the Turf Club...that sandwich was great, not to mention the company and conversation...:hug:

Ohhhhh the salmon was so good. I keep talking about that also.

Loved lunch there and of course the company. I miss you too! We will plan something for this summer for us northern folks

my daughter's drama club teacher just emailed me. The kids are being given an opportunity to do a theater workshop at Disneyland in October. It actually isn't that expensive and they need a parent to go. When I forwarded the email to my ex-husband I said "I'm going...I'll pay for it and I am going!!" LOL.

Waiting to get more details but it would be in the fall which is perfect since I was thinking of going next year around Halloween time anyway. This will just move that trip up about a year :lmao:

Aren't there some people going in October?

my daughter's drama club teacher just emailed me. The kids are being given an opportunity to do a theater workshop at Disneyland in October. It actually isn't that expensive and they need a parent to go. When I forwarded the email to my ex-husband I said "I'm going...I'll pay for it and I am going!!" LOL.

Waiting to get more details but it would be in the fall which is perfect since I was thinking of going next year around Halloween time anyway. This will just move that trip up about a year :lmao:

:cool1: Don't you just love an excuse to go to DL or WDW? I know I do!

What are the dates in Oct? I know there will be lots of Diser's there around Oct. 23 - 25 from a DisDiva group that I've joined. Some are married, some are single, some have DBF but they are a fun group!

Amy, I'm probably going to go sometime between late Sep-early Nov. There was some talk of October for food/wine. I want to take advantage of the free dining but its a little earlier than I wanted to go.

With that said, I need to run a comparison of what I would actually be saving doing the dining package during the non free dining and what it would be if I just paid OOP for everything. That may be the deciding factor for me. I love that the meals are paid in a sense 'up front' but I didn't always eat everything. Since I have my first trip under my belt I know more of what to expect so this one should be easier to figure out.
I first need to make sure my counter part at work isn't on vacation during the late Sep-early Nov time. I don't think she is but you never know with her.

:cool1: Don't you just love an excuse to go to DL or WDW? I know I do!

What are the dates in Oct? I know there will be lots of Diser's there around Oct. 23 - 25 from a DisDiva group that I've joined. Some are married, some are single, some have DBF but they are a fun group!

Amy, I'm probably going to go sometime between late Sep-early Nov. There was some talk of October for food/wine. I want to take advantage of the free dining but its a little earlier than I wanted to go.

With that said, I need to run a comparison of what I would actually be saving doing the dining package during the non free dining and what it would be if I just paid OOP for everything. That may be the deciding factor for me. I love that the meals are paid in a sense 'up front' but I didn't always eat everything. Since I have my first trip under my belt I know more of what to expect so this one should be easier to figure out.
I first need to make sure my counter part at work isn't on vacation during the late Sep-early Nov time. I don't think she is but you never know with her.

she mentioned the 2nd weekend, so 10/10-11. But I am still waiting on details, I'll let you know.

Hey Krista just want to make sure we are on the same page, this would be for Disneyland not DisneyWorld. You mentioned free dining and food and wine so I think you are referring to WDW.

she mentioned the 2nd weekend, so 10/10-11. But I am still waiting on details, I'll let you know.

Hey Krista just want to make sure we are on the same page, this would be for Disneyland not DisneyWorld. You mentioned free dining and food and wine so I think you are referring to WDW.

lol oops yeah I read that but you see where my mind is! :lmao:

Thanks Graeme, took me a while to get there! I missed getting to meet you I think you left before or the same day I arrived. But I'm certain there will be other trips, we will meet eventually.

I AM!! I AM!! Already have Hojo's booked for $59 a night!! :thumbsup2

Andrea

I hope you all don't mind my putting a post here as I'm new to this site. I just wanted to say how interesting it was walking into the Polynesian (my favorite) last Friday night (the 15th) after spending the day at the Magic Kingdom, finding your group comfortably ensconced in the lounge and wondering what am I missing here. With Disboards I realize there is another whole level to the Disney experience I knew nothing aboout. You all were obviously having a blast. What a smile. Cheers! Dave

I hope you all don't mind my putting a post here as I'm new to this site. I just wanted to say how interesting it was walking into the Polynesian (my favorite) last Friday night (the 15th) after spending the day at the Magic Kingdom, finding your group comfortably ensconced in the lounge and wondering what am I missing here. With Disboards I realize there is another whole level to the Disney experience I knew nothing aboout. You all were obviously having a blast. What a smile. Cheers! Dave

that is so cool!! You should have joined us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter