May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lisa - Prior to DCL 2005 all our previous cruises were balcony...and that was before kids so we lingered out there, etc, it was nice. I thought we'd miss the balcony when we did Mexico but to be honest, we were hardly in the room and we didn't notice. When we were in the room, the kids enjoyed being so close to the water, which is nice about Deck 2. Of course, that was a 7 day cruise and it was jam packed with activities. I've had concerns about the 15 day just because it's longer and my thoughts are there will be more down time (but maybe not-with all us DISers we may keep each other too busy ;) ) but at the time the rates came out, a Cat 9 is what we could comfortably afford, so I'm not going to regret our decision. I know it will be fun and in the end, I'm just happy to have a spot on the ship. Who knows, maybe the upgrade fairies will wave their wands our way.....:wizard:

After the 14 night trans atlantic there was no down time. The ship was packed with activities. They did many things that they only have done on the transatlantic and the PC last time like a princess tea. It was just great. I think there was maybe 3 hour time blocks the whole cruise that my navigator was not highlighted! Hence why I do not want to do a 7 day again. We were so spoiled on the 14 night that I can't turn back now!

Hello again-

I just wanted to say I am still working on a scanager hunt for on the ship and a smaller one to handout to those who want it for CC. I have already had a few people sign up for the ship scavanger hunt so anyone else who wants to join us can! I will also have copies of them incase some want to do it on their own.

Thanks-
Jill

Hello again-

I just wanted to say I am still working on a scanager hunt for on the ship and a smaller one to handout to those who want it for CC. I have already had a few people sign up for the ship scavanger hunt so anyone else who wants to join us can! I will also have copies of them incase some want to do it on their own.

Thanks-
Jill

We would like to do the scavenger hunt on ship. THANKS!

Brooklyn, if you have an idea maybe you could start a new day then and TiggersPal can join Day 1? What do you think? Thanks for the comments about balcony vs none. I am glad just to have a spot on the ship! Lisa

Brooklyn, if you have an idea maybe you could start a new day then and TiggersPal can join Day 1? What do you think? Thanks for the comments about balcony vs none. I am glad just to have a spot on the ship! Lisa

That works for me. Are there any guidelines or anything to go by?

I keep wondering if I am going to miss not having a balcony. I haven't traveled without a balcony since I was a) teenager and b) on a cruise on the Island Princess that didn't have any balconies. I was nervous about being able to afford the cruise at all so that is why we opted for 2 cat 9. I also thought we could change our mind later and upgrade but now that these prices are so crazy it will be way too expensive to upgrade (and that is only if two adjoining balcony rooms become available). Argg...any words of encouragement? Anyone always travel with balcony and then went without and survived?? I keep telling myself just being on this cruise will be so incredible it won't matter. But I do love having the privacy of a balcony. It is nice to have this type of agony!!!:rotfl:

Lisa, do not worry about this at all. We go back and forth...one cruise we have a balcony and the next we don't. I do not miss it when we do not have it...but I do like it when we do. I am always so glad just to be on the Magic...it is fine.

On our MED cruise forum those of us that downgraded to save big $$$$ to CAT 12 are all laughing about being "under the sea"...who knows what we will get and I kind of like it.....surprises are fun!!

Good morning! I'm up late, trying to get bills down after coming back from Maui. The Westin there was just beautiful!
Lisa

Did ya go to the spa while you were there? If my memory serves me correct they have outside treatment rooms, I had a massage and it was like having one in the jungle :goodvibes

Asleep????

TAKE WHAT YOU CAN!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

GIVE NOTHING BACK pirate: congrats!!!

After the 14 night trans atlantic there was no down time. The ship was packed with activities. They did many things that they only have done on the transatlantic and the PC last time like a princess tea. It was just great. I think there was maybe 3 hour time blocks the whole cruise that my navigator was not highlighted! Hence why I do not want to do a 7 day again. We were so spoiled on the 14 night that I can't turn back now!

Paul, DH, has been telling me "we aren't going to run from place to place, event to event, on this vacation." I'm worried that I'll run my family ragged like we did on our first cruise. There are so many things to do and try so it's hard to say no to anthing....what to do???? :confused3

We have two seats, and either my son and I go, Amy and I, or my son takes a friend.

You might feel somewhat at home, because we seem to sit in a section in the upper deck that always has some opposing fans in it, and therefore lots of mayhem.

John....I remember Scott saying that the Brown's fans were really supportive of he and my dad when they were in Detroit for the superbowl (let's not bring up that bad game!), of course when we are playing each other it is probably a different story! Aren't the steelers your arch rival?

Good thing you were up early John!!! :thumbsup2

I still can't quite figure out how to post pictures! I will try, although I went with my single sister and a mutual single friend (girl) and I tell you...most of the pictures would be at the hotel bar! Mai Tai, Long Island, Blue Hawaiin...it just didn't stop!
Lisa

Sounds like my kind of trip:lmao: Was it a blast?!

Hello again-

Thanks-
Jill

Jill...is the scavenger hunt info on PJ's website? I haven't been there in a while (it seems to take forever to load for me so I get frustrated). We would be interested in one if you are still considering doing one for families as well.

Hopefully Scott and I are going to see Pirate's tonight!!!!!

Announcement at the shipyard's website of the Disney contract.
http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=d&main=3&subs=0&did=1396

Translation as done by Babelfish:

Aufrtaege were signed Papenburg, 24. - Disney Cruise LINE (the USA) has with the Papenburger MEYER THREW two cruise ships firmly ordered. After the preliminary agreement from the February of this yearly the final contracts in Orlando (Florida) were signed now. The new buildings with the build numbers S. 687/688 124,000 BRZ will be large and in the years 2011 and 2012 be delivered. Here 1250 cabs concern ships with a length over everything of 339.80 meters, width of 37.0 meters and.

Photo: Signing of the agreement: Tom McAlpin (Disney Cruise Line) und Bernard Meyer

Side view of the new ships

Back (Now we know that Zuruch means Back)

Jan :earsgirl:

Kathe,

We usually take Southwest from Orange Co. to Oakland airport. It's cheap and quick. We have tons of recomendations on wineries (kinda' our forte) and also on places to stay around the area.

PM me if you would like more info.

Karen
Thanks Karen:goodvibes
Hi Holly,
I have been thinking about you since 4:30pm. I had to go to Gretchen's school to pick her up at 5pm from Talent Show practice. I pulled into the left turn lane and look at the school.....SIX fire engines with the lights flashin sitting in front of the school.

Did I think "OMG I hope Gretchen is okay" ?(NOPE DID NOT THINK THAT)

I thought "Gee, I wish Holly was with me!!"

Boy, there were some VERY cute fireguys!! They were there because the Kindergarden pod was overtaken by fumes after everyone (except the talent show kids) had gone home.....

Upon reflection, I am ashamed!! (but I still wish you had been with me!!):lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl: :lmao: :lmao:

We are looking for a few opinions for our Western cruise in October.

The day/night before we are going to stay at the Nick Hotel (we have 10 children in our travel party - they win on this one!).

After the cruise, we only have one day before we have to head home and are going to go to an undetermined park (most likely MK). Or, is there a large opinion on a different park? We've been to all twice. Our girls will be 7 and 5 years old at the time. Anyway, what are all your thoughts?

On our two previous visits to WDW we have stayed at BCV. In September the girls went to the Princess tea at the GF and loved the hotel. So, we are thinking of staying that one night there. However, if you had just one night, we were wondering what resort you all might think is the best choice for our two young girls? We are also just tempted to stay back at BCV because we enjoy it so much. But, we not try something new? Also, if we are just going to go to MK, why not GF? Any thoughts? Thinking out loud here.

Although the pictures do not do it justice, I thought I would share pics of the moon last night over Mt. Rainier. It was breathtaking...

moon2.jpg

moon1.jpg

My neighbor and I went for a walk to find a good shot without a roof or tree in the way, but we didn't succeed. Scott had gone into the kitchen and noticed how bright and clear the moon was over the mountain and of course that started me on the perfect picture hunt....which I never did get. :sad2: But, I tried.... The moon was actually yellowish and the sky was a great color blue. The pics just look blurry. sorry

THEY ARE GREAT!! Thanks for sharing.

.....I made our HK Disneyland ressies and saw the hit on my credit card today online... that makes it feel very real and close at hand!

Check back with you guys later tonight,

Nan

Have a great time! I would love to see that park, Tokyo Disney and Disney Paris!

We are looking for a few opinions for our Western cruise in October.

The day/night before we are going to stay at the Nick Hotel (we have 10 children in our travel party - they win on this one!).

After the cruise, we only have one day before we have to head home and are going to go to an undetermined park (most likely MK). Or, is there a large opinion on a different park? We've been to all twice. Our girls will be 7 and 5 years old at the time. Anyway, what are all your thoughts?

On our two previous visits to WDW we have stayed at BCV. In September the girls went to the Princess tea at the GF and loved the hotel. So, we are thinking of staying that one night there. However, if you had just one night, we were wondering what resort you all might think is the best choice for our two young girls? We are also just tempted to stay back at BCV because we enjoy it so much. But, we not try something new? Also, if we are just going to go to MK, why not GF? Any thoughts? Thinking out loud here.

I am sure there will be tons of opinions on this one...my vote would be for Wilderness Lodge! It is my favorite MK resort, although it is not a monorail resort, it is a lovely boat ride over in the am. They have a hidden Mickey hunt most days, crafts in the cubs den and beautiful grounds. Of course there are pluses to all resorts I am sure...BCV due to the great water slide, GF because it is so pretty, Contemporary because I always have wanted to stay in the hotel the "monorail" goes through!!! Such choices, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter