May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well . . .

I better run right out and get me one of those!

(I know by making this comment, I will probably encourage more shoe and dress talk)

Now I have you dressed in a peach bathing suit!!! I will definately need help by the time I go on this cruise!!!

WOOO HOOOO We are going to be one healthy and good looking bunch of people for our group photo.....we still haven't determined where and when that's going to happen. Does anyone want to schedule it to lock it in? Where have you done them in the past? Do we wear our lime green?

Is it ok if we just have lime green shirts of our own? I got mom a LG shirt for Xmas and I have a LG polo that will work...

When the preliminary master list is done, we'll still have 3 months before we cruise. How are we going to know if somebody else cancels if they don't tell us? I'm not going to PM everyone on the posted list again....once was enough. I guess we just won't know unless they let us know, but most of them don't.....they just disappear.

Oh well!

You could just do a general shout out on the cruise board that if anyone canceled, could they please let you know... maybe you'll pick up a few of them...

Bubba just asked what I want for my Birthday. One word....Disney Dollars:lmao:

Yeah...My family doesn't get that concept... I guess I'm the true Disney nut in my family (although I am trying to teach the kids to be...Terrible Aunt I am, I know...)

Once Samantha loses her teeth I figure the tooth fairy will leave DD's. Haley's Bday is 2/10. The valentine fairy, St Patty's fairy, easter bunny, labor day fairy and president's day fairy all have to make a visit too!

I used to send boxes to my nephews for holidays because they always lived far away... One year I got a call to see why the "Columbus Day" Box didn't come... I told my then old enough to understand nephew that Hallmark doesn't DO that holiday...

Hey V... Tink could bring alot of those DD... why make all those fairy's work so hard...

ok, layered meatball bake or shrimp, spinach and tortellini?
Decisions, decisions.....

Shrimp... and I'd like the recipe please...

For all you DL experts. I have read a sticky on the DL forum about the differences in the rides at WDW and DL. Now we are going at a busy time of course, and we don't need to go on all the rides as we will be back at WDW in December, but of course we would like to try and ride the unique ones and those that are different. What do you recommend?

I think we will be doing a lot of walking around just enjoying being there, and of course spending time in queues!!:laughing:

Do you have favourite parade and firework spots? What about eating? I'm thinking we won't want a thing on disembarkation day - in fact if the last cruise is anything to go by John won't eat much for quite a few days!!!:lmao:

We fly home on the 28th May at 6.30, so I am not sure whether to get 3 or 4 day passes. Sunday and Monday are going to be busy aren't they, so may give Sunday a miss as we would be getting to the park lateish.

We're signed up for 5 night at the GC... I'm hoping once Memorial Day crowds die down then I can do some good touring at DL... Until then, I'm going to relax and get my land legs under me again...

You know....

I think it's hysterical how we are all going on diets (me too) then we will promptly get on board and eat ourselves silly!!! :rotfl2:

QUESTION ON SENDING BOXES AHEAD OF TIME...

How many have you been able to send? It's just me and mom, but I was wondering with the Fish extenders, and other things going on, that I may have to send 2... Anyone ever have to send that many and have you had any problems?

What's the best way to send them? I was thinking UPS or Fed Ex where I know I can check for tracking...

BTW...

About the bathing suit from Victoria's Secret...

Right now the only thing I can fit into at VS...is SHOWER GEL!!! :lmao:

For all you DL experts. I have read a sticky on the DL forum about the differences in the rides at WDW and DL. Now we are going at a busy time of course, and we don't need to go on all the rides as we will be back at WDW in December, but of course we would like to try and ride the unique ones and those that are different. What do you recommend?

I think we will be doing a lot of walking around just enjoying being there, and of course spending time in queues!!:laughing:

Do you have favourite parade and firework spots? What about eating? I'm thinking we won't want a thing on disembarkation day - in fact if the last cruise is anything to go by John won't eat much for quite a few days!!!:lmao:

We fly home on the 28th May at 6.30, so I am not sure whether to get 3 or 4 day passes. Sunday and Monday are going to be busy aren't they, so may give Sunday a miss as we would be getting to the park lateish.

Marilyn, I am by no means one of the DL experts. I have only been to DL 1x and WDW many. I will tell you what we felt when we were there......

Of course hit the rides they don't have at WDW, matterhorn, Toad's, the one in toon town (? roger rabbit), indiana jones. I even think rides like Splash and BTMRR are different at each place. We did each park for 1 day and hit most of each park. We didn't do TOT because the girls were too little and we didn't do California Screamin', again the girls were too little; but otherwise we did it all. One of my favorites was the Sun Wheel (?). I loved that ride and the girls laughed the whole way around. You will be amazed at the difference between the parks and it really is fun just to walk around and compare.

Is the difference between a 3 and 4 day hopper a lot? I always go with the max number of days we could go because it usually works out to be 5-15.00 more per ticket for the extra day when you get up there in days. For that just in case day it is worth it.

We happened to catch the fireworks from the front car of the monorail heading back into the DL and it was a great view! It was luck of course and we probably couldn't do it again.

I am sure some of California regulars will have lots more advice for you.

Thanks Kaylee. I have just checked the ticket prices and it is actually only £6 extra for the 4th day. That is just under £12 at the moment. Probably go with that then, then we can please ourselves.

It was Leslie (gouodux)...it looked cute, however I DO NOT(!!!) look cute in a bikini these days....:scared1:

I did get that swimsuit last year. Actually like it quite a bit. Think my husband was even "nice" enough to post a picture of me in it on here at some point (to say the least I wasn't too thrilled he did that!).

Our daughter Jenna's birthday is today. She has turned the old age of 8. They sure do grow quickly! Seems like yesterday I was changing her diapers. We are giving her the Hannah Montana concert tickets tonight. Can't wait to see her and Kayla's expressions. They are going to FREAK out!!

I did get that swimsuit last year. Actually like it quite a bit. Think my husband was even "nice" enough to post a picture of me in it on here at some point (to say the least I wasn't too thrilled he did that!).

Our daughter Jenna's birthday is today. She has turned the old age of 8. They sure do grow quickly! Seems like yesterday I was changing her diapers. We are giving her the Hannah Montana concert tickets tonight. Can't wait to see her and Kayla's expressions. They are going to FREAK out!!

Hope she has a great day!!!

Hi all. I have been trying to catch up with the posts since my absence, but I have given up. I surrender. :worship:

Does anyone know if DCL will be offering the new Onboard Airline Check-In on the west coast?

What is that...haven't heard?

Here's part of the DCL press release info

CELEBRATION, Fla. -- Disney Cruise Line strives to offer guests a hassle-free vacation experience by providing extra services, such as Disney's Magical Express, that help eliminate some of the stresses of family travel. And beginning this fall, select guests sailing with Disney Cruise Line will find their vacation experience has been made even easier with the introduction of Onboard Airline Check-In. This new service will allow qualified guests to check-in for their post-cruise flights while on board the Disney Magic or Disney Wonder, eliminating the need to do so at Orlando International Airport.

for all the info
http://www.dclnews.com/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?PressReleaseID=108100

I've called DCL and the rep stated that it was only available to guests that have booked their airfare through DCL. :(

Call back and another DCL rep will provide a different answer, lol.

I emailed our DU travel agent, maybe she'll get another answer. The DCL rep recommended having our travel agent check into the price of adding on DCL airfare. Right now Southwest is offering $155 and Airtrain is $200 for LAX to BWI. I can't imagine DCL is any cheaper.

When I told the DCl rep we were on the WB PC crusie, she commented on how fun the trip was going to be and we were all so lucky.

total? That's great. Mine was close to $200 a pc.

V- hers was LA to Oakland, I think. Yours is to Orlando

We plan to stay thru at least Tuesday, probably Wednesday, and would love to do some DL touring with you! Dennis really is very good at getting around there. Our absolute favorite time to go is that week! California Screamin' is a MUST!! Fun, fun coaster. The other rides that were mentioned also, Indiana Jones, Roger Rabbit, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Nemo Submarines. We can cover both parks throughly in 2 days - depending on the crowds on Monday. This year may be a bit different on that Monday since a ship full of cruisers will be dumped in the mix also. :scared: Fast pass strategy might be needed. I can do that! We went in July 2006, with lots of crowds and by late afternoon we had fastpasses for all the rides we wanted to do and just went riding! DSIL was :worship: as it was his first time there and he really wanted to do it ALL!

We're signed up for 5 night at the GC... I'm hoping once Memorial Day crowds die down then I can do some good touring at DL... Until then, I'm going to relax and get my land legs under me again...

Tuesday should be a great day to be there!

I've called DCL and the rep stated that it was only available to guests that have booked their airfare through DCL. :(

That DCL rep was uninformed. Call again! You just have to use DCL transportation (bus). :thumbsup2 You can sign up for it at the DCL desk at the resort before you go to the ship. You just need to give them your flight #.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter